Squad for next Season - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

1 hour ago, Madton said:

I doubt the potential sponsorship is going to have a significant impact on Dougie's budget. Its not like we are in the market for 6 figure sponsorship deals. I'm guessing its no more than 20-30k

GR said the budget was pretty much the same in a separate discussion from the sponsorship chat at the start of the meeting.. if we don't sign any more players, clearly he was just talking nonsense.

Btw, he made it out the sponsorship deal was all but complete, where is it?

It sounds to me that Gordon Ritchie was talking a lot of shite to keep us quiet/happy for the time being. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was impressed with him on the night after having heard him speak but taken at his word there's been a few things that haven't come to fruition the way he mentioned on the night, including the English friendly the fans were to get excited about 😂

I still don't really understand on who's authority he can resign from the MCT board but stay as a Morton director either, but that's probably just my idiocy tbh. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

55 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

It sounds to me that Gordon Ritchie was talking a lot of shite to keep us quiet/happy for the time being. 

From what I have been told about Mr Ritchie that wouldn't come as a surprise.

Edited by Brian Skelton
  • Downvote 1

Big B

30 minutes ago, Brian Skelton said:

From what I have been told about Mr Ritchie that wouldn't come as a surprise.

You know where this innuendo and 'I know something that you don't know' chat takes us under fan ownership? Stirling fucking Albion.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/270373-a-message-to-all-stirling-albion-trust-members/#comments

Take a look at their currently raging binfire of a situation and think about what sort of club you want to support at Cappielow. Because fan ownership can only work if criticisms are based on open debate and common, verifiable facts. Such as the imminent sponsorship deal at the EGM that hasn't come to pass. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

I was impressed with him on the night after having heard him speak but taken at his word there's been a few things that haven't come to fruition the way he mentioned on the night, including the English friendly the fans were to get excited about 😂

I still don't really understand on who's authority he can resign from the MCT board but stay as a Morton director either, but that's probably just my idiocy tbh. 

I don't know this Gordon Ritchie, but if he was co-opted on to the Morton board by virtue of his position in MCT, why is he not being required to stand down on resigning from his MCT post?  I assume he doesn't personally hold a large number of shares in GMFC that might merit a board position and if he's no longer a custodian of the shares held by MCT, he should stand down.  Maybe a GMFC board member could suggest that to him.  Or maybe he does intend to stand down once he is no longer in his MCT role.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

10 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't know this Gordon Ritchie, but if he was co-opted on to the Morton board by virtue of his position in MCT, why is he not being required to stand down on resigning from his MCT post?  I assume he doesn't personally hold a large number of shares in GMFC that might merit a board position and if he's no longer a custodian of the shares held by MCT, he should stand down.  Maybe a GMFC board member could suggest that to him.  Or maybe he does intend to stand down once he is no longer in his MCT role.

Why would his mates on the board do that? 

6 hours ago, Madton said:

I doubt the potential sponsorship is going to have a significant impact on Dougie's budget. Its not like we are in the market for 6 figure sponsorship deals. I'm guessing its no more than 20-30k

GR said the budget was pretty much the same in a separate discussion from the sponsorship chat at the start of the meeting.. if we don't sign any more players, clearly he was just talking nonsense.

Btw, he made it out the sponsorship deal was all but complete, where is it?

30k could get us a decent striker!

If the investors have pulled out then I'd be surprised if it was ever the Easdales 

5 minutes ago, so72 said:

30k could get us a decent striker!

If the investors have pulled out then I'd be surprised if it was ever the Easdales 

It was pretty common knowledge that one of them was. Maybe he's realised that he'd be an absolute idiot to invest in a football club with no assets or potential for profit and he'd be much better just making MCT an offer we can't refuse if he really wanted to invest. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

It was pretty common knowledge that one of them was. Maybe he's realised that he'd be an absolute idiot to invest in a football club with no assets or potential for profit and he'd be much better just making MCT an offer we can't refuse if he really wanted to invest. 

He would never have thought that it would make him money. Thats not why they'd invest. If they wanted to 6 weeks ago, I can't see them not still wanting to now. Their boy is getting game time, the fans voted overwhelmingly in favour of allowing negotiations. Unless there is another hitch (are they rid of their Rangers shares?). 

59 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The Easdales tried to buy the club before MCT but Crawford wouldn't sell. Its only a matter of time, let's be honest.

Considering Crawford was desperate to get out, I doubt that was the case.. 

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

The Easdales tried to buy the club before MCT but Crawford wouldn't sell. Its only a matter of time, let's be honest.

As unsavoury as they are, they bring money and run their businesses well. Wouldn't be against them investing and d getting involved but would be against giving up more than 49%.

34 minutes ago, Madton said:

Would he have given the millionaire Easdales as good a deal as he gave MCT with regards the debt write off and stadium transfer etc though? 

If/when the fan ownership model is deemed to have failed I'm sure they'll be right there to save the day with as cushty a deal as possible for them. A cynic would think that's always been the plan. 

Edit : id actually be okay with them owning the club if  fan ownership fails, but there's definite skullduggery going on. 

Edited by port-ton

32.gif

41 minutes ago, Madton said:

It very much was the case..

19 minutes ago, so72 said:

As unsavoury as they are, they bring money and run their businesses well. Wouldn't be against them investing and d getting involved but would be against giving up more than 49%.

This unsavoury patter gets thrown about quite a lot when it comes to them. What's so unsavoury about them? Genuine question

TIME FOR CHANGE!

11 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Would he have given the millionaire Easdales as good a deal as he gave MCT with regards the debt write off and stadium transfer etc though? 

If/when the fan ownership model is deemed to have failed I'm sure they'll be right there to save the day with as cushty a deal as possible for them. A cynic would think that's always been the plan. 

A cushty deal for whom, exactly? 

12 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Edit : id actually be okay with them owning the club if  fan ownership fails, but there's definite skullduggery going on. 

There's nothing definite about that at all. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

11 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

It very much was the case..

This unsavoury patter gets thrown about quite a lot when it comes to them. What's so unsavoury about them? Genuine question

Not a question I'd answer in detail given their history of taking folk to court but theres more than a few folk in Inverclyde including Mr Harte who could fill you in on their experiences.

10 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

A cushty deal for whom, exactly? 

There's nothing definite about that at all. 

The deal suited both parties when it came to Rae and MCT. You can't tell me that if it was the Easdales there would been the same willingness to make that happen, otherwise it would have happened. 

We can agree to disagree on the second sentence. 

32.gif

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

The deal suited both parties when it came to Rae and MCT. You can't tell me that if it was the Easdales there would been the same willingness to make that happen, otherwise it would have happened. 

We can agree to disagree on the second sentence. 

You said that when the time comes there'll be a cushty deal waiting. For whom and how would this work exactly? 

No, we can agree that your statement is over the top nonsense which seems to be fashionable at the moment. Unless you have some evidence to support it of course, in which case I'd be happy to see it. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

You set that when the time comes there'll be a cushty deal waiting. For whom and how would this work exactly? 

No, we can agree that your statement is over the top nonsense which seems to be fashionable at the moment. Unless you have some evidence to support it of course, in which case I'd be happy to see it. 

A lot more favourable deal for the Easdales than they'd have got from the Raes when they're the only option left and MCT members have to vote on something that puts them between a rock and a hard place. 

Okay we can agree that instead if you want. 

32.gif