Squad for next Season - Page 134 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Fantastic news. As well as we've done with recruitment with goalkeepers lately - we haven't had a bad signing for a first choice since Scully and even then we still had Gaston at the club so could drop him - it's great to have a quality goalkeeper signed up for the following season as well. In this division a good goalkeeper can genuinely be the difference between 4th & 9th, we would inevitably sign someone poor eventually if we're looking for a first choice every summer and at such a young age with all-round quality Mullen can still improve further.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Someone on P&B suggesting we're about to announce the signing of a striker from an unnamed English club who has 21 goals in 26 appearances this season. Could be true/complete nonsense! 

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Someone on P&B suggesting we're about to announce the signing of a striker from an unnamed English club who has 21 goals in 26 appearances this season. Could be true/complete nonsense! 

I do think we could do with another option off the bench or if Oakley/Muirhead get injured. 21 goals in 26 games suggest he must be far down the pyramid for a club to lose him to us on what I imagine is a free transfer. Nothing wrong with taking a risk on a player if they come relatively cheap too. Unless he's currently loaned out and his club want him to try make the next step - I'm sure Dougie has made some good contacts during his off the field education. 

With Garrity and King back I could see one or both of Bearne and Boyd going out on loan. I think Bearne would come back a much better player after getting a solid run of games.

Was going to edit this but as I have nothing better to do on a Monday evening, had a quick look at players we follow on Twitter and two that stood out were:

Jordan Davies of Connah's Quay in Wales, a striker who does have around 20-odd goals this season.

Daniel Martins, appears to be a centre back at Caley Braves (maybe for next season?)

52 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Was going to edit this but as I have nothing better to do on a Monday evening, had a quick look at players we follow on Twitter and two that stood out were:

Jordan Davies of Connah's Quay in Wales, a striker who does have around 20-odd goals this season.

Daniel Martins, appears to be a centre back at Caley Braves (maybe for next season?)

Martins is a former youth player which is probably why we follow him. Not sure why we'd be following Davies though.

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Martins is a former youth player which is probably why we follow him. Not sure why we'd be following Davies though.

Had no idea, never heard of him - does seem to be impressing for Caley Braves though. 

13 hours ago, ChampTon said:

Had no idea, never heard of him - does seem to be impressing for Caley Braves though. 

Aye, was quite disappointing we had a big Nigeria born centre back making his way through our youth ranks but he never made the grade.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, was quite disappointing we had a big Nigeria born centre back making his way through our youth ranks but he never made the grade.

He was in the squad for an away game at Partick,  had never seen or heard of him before and I asked Colin Stewart who he was during the warm up.

Stewarts answer was "Dunno, your guess is as good as mine mate"

He left very quickly after that.

I've obviously got the wrong guy, Martins is only 24.

Can't think of the name of the guy I'm thinking of.

Maybe Joel Kasabundai I'm thinking about. Age doesn't come alone

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

Great piece of business. Wilson has been excellent this season and delighted to get him signed up permanently. 

Looking at the others I hope we can keep this going as I didn't realise how many are only contracted until the end of the season, if we lose the like of Oakley, Muirhead or Crawford they would be very difficult to replace. 

• Upvote 2