Squad for next Season - Page 108 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Very surprised at bringing in a goalkeeper of that calibre and being able to have competition, but great. If drawing Rangers has enabled us to do that while still being able to add another couple of defenders then that's good news.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

With Mullen looking like he's injured this is a really key signing to get someone in of this calibre. I've been majorly impressed with Mullen so far and his distribution has been key to the  less direct style of play we've tried to implement so far this season so I'd be disappointed if he's now lost his place as I can't imagine macdonald signed to be back up, but it's a very good problem to have. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

7 minutes ago, port-ton said:

With Mullen looking like he's injured this is a really key signing to get someone in of this calibre. I've been majorly impressed with Mullen so far and his distribution has been key to the  less direct style of play we've tried to implement so far this season so I'd be disappointed if he's now lost his place as I can't imagine macdonald signed to be back up, but it's a very good problem to have. 

When did he go off Injured? 

8 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

When did he go off Injured? 

He didn't go off injured. It was mentioned on pie and bovril a few hours ago that he was injured and we were after Jamie Macdonald. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Dunfermline keeper injured and they've brought in a Dundee keeper on loan. We could have got this one over the line just in time if he still has a house up that way. 

32.gif

Just read the tele article and there’s no mention of an injury to Mullen. Imrie is quoted that it’s up to the two keepers to fight it out for the starting spot so looks like it was to have competition in that position!

A right back before Saturday would be a great weeks work.

here today, gone to hell

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Starting the season without a single recognised RB in the building is piss poor planning IMO. It should have been identified as priority.

Half the full time teams outwith the Premiership are looking for one.

Imrie is on record stating O'Connor is a more than capable RB. Not done much wrong for me as RB but I just prefer him as a CB.

Most teams are still trying to fill gaps in their squad. I just read Martindale's interview confirming Livingston had offered six players contracts this week and they all turned the offers down. I suspect like fans of other clubs we will just have to be patient. Better to wait and get the 'right' player than sign someone for the sake of it. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, HamCam said:

I see the rumour is Garrity is heading to Annan on loan. Unless we have some incoming a strange one while we struggle to fill a bench.

It's quite obvious that we will have players incoming in the rest of the transfer window. It's also quite obvious that Garrity has no part in a Championship level first team squad yet. 

Whether he could fill a spot on the bench on Saturday is irrelevant in light of those two facts.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

11 hours ago, HamCam said:

I see the rumour is Garrity is heading to Annan on loan. Unless we have some incoming a strange one while we struggle to fill a bench.

Didn't we do that last season - let a few leave midweek so we all assumed instant incomings then nothing for a while, leaving us short.

Dougie not scared to play the game.

MacDonald looks to be a great signing. Still a very good keeper at this level and brings experience too. I thought Mullen had gotten off to a shaky start but recently he's been very good. Will be interesting to see how Dougie manages that situation. 

Looking at the squad at the moment we still need a right back and another central midfielder. Heard Doyle is back training with us so he could be an option. Lawson who played for Hamilton last season has been  mentioned as he plays midfield and at right back and Jamie Brandon has been banded about too. If Garrity goes out on loan then it would open up a space for a winger. I'm sure Dougie has players in mind. May be a case of playing the waiting game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

58 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

MacDonald looks to be a great signing. Still a very good keeper at this level and brings experience too. I thought Mullen had gotten off to a shaky start but recently he's been very good. Will be interesting to see how Dougie manages that situation. 

Looking at the squad at the moment we still need a right back and another central midfielder. Heard Doyle is back training with us so he could be an option. Lawson who played for Hamilton last season has been  mentioned as he plays midfield and at right back and Jamie Brandon has been banded about too. If Garrity goes out on loan then it would open up a space for a winger. I'm sure Dougie has players in mind. May be a case of playing the waiting game.

If Garrity goes out it's because we have too many wingers.

I'd like to think the last thing Dougie is thinking about is another winger.

Edited by Madton
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'd want two defenders before another central midfielder. We need a first choice right back and we're an injury or suspension to Waters away from King at left back. We need someone who can cover there as well as the right back. Ideally we'd be adding a Lamie type who can come in at centre back and cover left back if needed.

Garrity going out on loan could maybe free up a space to add another central midfielder as well, we're well stocked for wingers even without him.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Signing incoming according to club Twitter. 
initials A P ?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.