Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers

Admin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Mistake from McLean but Hamilton has to be saving that. Dreadful error, especially on the stroke of half time. 

Agreed. Conditions are very difficult, and Raith gave away our goal with a 'keeper error, but this was avoidable for us.

EOho8Pw.png

Promising start - appalling end. 2 daft errors give Raith a boost they don't deserve but all to play for in the second half. Midfield fell away after a good start and the defence look tentative. C'mon Ton, you won't like Dougie when he's angry.

We need to add a central midfielder. We are pressing the ball well, but if the opposition breaks through by either skill or sheer luck we don't have the presence in the middle of the park to shut things down. 

We need an Allan Jenkins figure. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

17 minutes ago, so72 said:

Brian McLean is done, was a poor pass but he's got to be better. Got a much better option sitting on the bench.

We do, but Ledger is also 2/2 with penalties. The more important issue for me is their ability to waltz through the middle of the park. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That second goal is so fucking stupid to concede, because it has now set Raith up for an ideal shitfest and hit on the break gameplan. 

Imrie is getting 100% out of this team now and if we keep playing like that then we *should* be fine. We need to be looking to upgrade the team though to be absolutely sure. That's a game that we win comfortably with a little more quality. 

Over the course of the game that should have been 3 points to us.  The first half even against the wind,  apart from that 5min spell at the end of the first half we were dominant. 

Second half a stone wall penalty not given and a ref that gave us nothing and them everything.  

Disappointed to not have 3 points.  Absolutely delighted about the character.

Great effort from the team. 

My mate text me after the penalty appeal and said it was a stonewaller on the tele.

Keep this up and we will be safe

40 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Supersub. He's our secret weapon.

These balls across goal are causing Raith problems, that big lump of wood Berra is done, just punt it into the fuhin boax.

He got subbed after about 15minutes but aye, he is a haddy

5/10 minutes where we lost focus and reverted to the same bad habits that were common under Gus. We fought back well and deserved not just the equalizer but a winner. Bold subs by Imrie clearly targeting the win and not one point - what a difference compared to life under the previous manager.

Shame we didn't get the reward the effort and commitment deserved. Gozie and Strapp  were stand outs for me but it would be churlish not to praise the heart that the team showed for the vast majority of the game. Credit to Dougie for making the right subs at the right time (something that the last few imposters never managed).

Well done to the ref who managed to miss a clear pen in each half.

3 minutes ago, dmcewan16 said:

That was as bad a ref performance I've seen. How he never seen the handball only he knows. 

The referee was excellent. Let the game flow and got most decisions spot on. 

We were unlucky not to win. A couple of silly mistakes and poor finishing cost us. The difference in this team since imrie has come in is unbelievable. I love watching the team and how committed and hard working we are.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived