Commercial Activity - Page 97 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

What a difference from the days of Hawke / insert any of the other charlatans names here.  

Really open, positive and proactive with a clear vision going forward 👏🏻

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tubes said:

What a difference from the days of Hawke / insert any of the other charlatans names here.  

Iron Man talked a good game to begin with as well - you don't get a job in that field if you can't. Delivering on the message is another matter - although at least the issue has been acknowledged to a greater degree than the initial reports suggested. 

The Motherwell cup tie is an acid test for the turnstile issue. I won't be buying a ticket until I see what the script is outside the ground, and if it's as bad as the Patrick game then I'll be taking that £18 to the pub and watch the entire game from there instead of paying to see 70 minutes inside the ground.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What does he mean arrive early. the only way to cope with the crowd at the Partick game would have been for lots of people to arrive before half past two. the turnstiles were more or less on constant use from 2:30, so it could not have gone any faster or let any more people in before 3pm. fix the problem, it's nothing to do with arriving early..

Edited by astuartm

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Iron Man talked a good game to begin with as well - you don't get a job in that field if you can't. Delivering on the message is another matter - although at least the issue has been acknowledged to a greater degree than the initial reports suggested. 

The Motherwell cup tie is an acid test for the turnstile issue. I won't be buying a ticket until I see what the script is outside the ground, and if it's as bad as the Patrick game then I'll be taking that £18 to the pub and watch the entire game from there instead of paying to see 70 minutes inside the ground.

I'm of the same thinking.  

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

3 hours ago, Tubes said:

Why is that? Its still early days for Spudgun* here.  He hasn't really done anything.

* for all younger folk, see below:

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

8 hours ago, capitanus said:

Why is that? Its still early days for Spudgun* here.  He hasn't really done anything.

* for all younger folk, see below:

We need to see if he delivers on the early promise shown here, and the jury is out on that obviously. Sorting turnstiles would be a decent start for many, and as mentioned before Motherwell will be the indicator for that.

I don’t remember Hawke/Donaldson or whoever else speaking as positively, giving insight and appearing to genuinely plan for the future. He talks about everyone pulling in the same direction, good people in the building and being on the same page so hopefully we see that come together and we get some progression come the end of the season and we make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Tubes said:

We need to see if he delivers on the early promise shown here, and the jury is out on that obviously. Sorting turnstiles would be a decent start for many, and as mentioned before Motherwell will be the indicator for that.

I don’t remember Hawke/Donaldson or whoever else speaking as positively, giving insight and appearing to genuinely plan for the future. He talks about everyone pulling in the same direction, good people in the building and being on the same page so hopefully we see that come together and we get some progression come the end of the season and we make the playoffs.

Don't know so much about Warren Hawke, but Gillian Donaldson was effectively working with one hand tied behind her back.

Although she held the title of CEO, everything she done had to be OK'd by DDF.

On one occasion a couple of the cameras were needing repaired. She was told that unless they were the game the following day was likely to be cancelled on spectator safety grounds.

She said that she'd need to run that past DDR before sanctioning the repairs and he was on Budapest at a business meeting and she couldn't reach him until later that night.

Things worked out OK and the cameras were fixed first thing Saturday morning with the game going ahead as planned.

Anyone holding a CEO position should have been able to authorise that type of repair without the need for consultation.

While we have a lot to thank DDR for, he did hinder the club on occasions. 

Even Crawford was required to call him Chairman while inside the ground.

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

28 minutes ago, GIBBYTON said:

Must say I have been very quick to criticize the club for the speed at which they make change/improvements, but for me this is a real watershed moment for the new General Manager, he has not been at the club long and has identified an actual plan to address in the short term. improving the speed of the gates will help for every match so that's positive all round.  Working with the BBC to minimize the camera impact is also another great step. 

Long may the improvements continue,  and open communication like this from the club.

Lets hope they address the issues with the stewards next, there are too many to list but as an example, they only have 1  master key to override the turnstiles (surly they can have more!) and then the steward with it walking away from the gates for nearly 5 minutes, with multiple people unable to get in backing up the queue.

I agree completely - there is still a lot of work to be done (as he acknowledged in the recent interview) but credit where its due for dealing with this issue promptly, as well as the recent contract extensions that have taken place.  

The new GM has been one of the star signings of the season so far. Has good experience, probably helps we have someone in that position that will have contacts in these areas to get things done. Seems a nice guy too as a bonus.

In similar news, a friend of mine that works in the local leisure industry passed on that they had an Irish side asking for use of their facilities in the summer. Not a team like Linfield, a rather forgettable side it seems as he cannot recall who. Assuming we are getting pre season organised correctly too.

• Downvote 1

The proof will be in it working come the day of the Motherwell game, but it's great to see the club addressing issues. While the size of queues has been a recurring issue for years, a massive delay has happened once since the new General Manager arrived and we're seeing a quick response to solve this.

Halving the size of the gantry will go a long way in the Cowshed on the night as well, with a bigger crowd than usual for televised games meaning there's no chance everyone is going to fit into the other half of the Shed.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I've suggested the following via email to Dale, as yet I've had no reply, but given he's probably been involved in contract negotiations and the turnstile issue I'm not about to kick up a fuss about that.

My proposal is that they remove three rows of the breeze block wall at the back of the Cowshed in front of the toilets and pie stall, and replace them with perspex windows, thereby allowing those queuing to still see the game while they wait.

The wall in its current form does not support any of the shed roof and therefore should have no impact on the structure itself.

As far as I can see, this shouldn't be to expensive to do and would enhance the overall match day experience.  How many of us have missed an important period of play or goal, while queuing?

I know this was suggested sometime ago but never taken forward for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I've suggested the following via email to Dale, as yet I've had no reply, but given he's probably been involved in contract negotiations and the turnstile issue I'm not about to kick up a fuss about that.

My proposal is that they remove three rows of the breeze block wall at the back of the Cowshed in front of the toilets and pie stall, and replace them with perspex windows, thereby allowing those queuing to still see the game while they wait.

The wall in its current form does not support any of the shed roof and therefore should have no impact on the structure itself.

As far as I can see, this shouldn't be to expensive to do and would enhance the overall match day experience.  How many of us have missed an important period of play or goal, while queuing?

I know this was suggested sometime ago but never taken forward for whatever reason. 

Probably because letting people watch for free from outside is a really bad idea when the correct solution is just to fix the queuing system. Inside the ground you can do things like regulate unaccompanied children; outside you're much less limited in what you can do.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Probably because letting people watch for free from outside is a really bad idea when the correct solution is just to fix the queuing system. Inside the ground you can do things like regulate unaccompanied children; outside you're much less limited in what you can do.

He's talking about inside the ground. Up the back of the Cowshed where the pie stall and bogs are, so you can see the pitch while queueing for bovril.

1 minute ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

He's talking about inside the ground. Up the back of the Cowshed where the pie stall and bogs are, so you can see the pitch while queueing for bovril.

Oh.

Well, don't I feel stupid.

Right, let me save face by quickly coming up with why it's still a bad idea (even though it might not be a bad idea.)

Umm... wee neds will gob on it.

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I think you may have misunderstood. No one from outside the ground would be able to watch, unless they stand in the car park.

The area I'm talking about is the walkway between the male toilet exit door and the end of the pie stall nearest the WDE, maybe 20 mtrs maximum.

20 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I think you may have misunderstood. No one from outside the ground would be able to watch, unless they stand in the car park.

The area I'm talking about is the walkway between the male toilet exit door and the end of the pie stall nearest the WDE, maybe 20 mtrs maximum.

Wee neds will gob on it.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

liar-liar-liar-movie.gif