Poor wee Rangers - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Poor wee Rangers

pink_panther

Regarding your second paragraph, I agree with you, although my own experience of sectarianism is not confined to the traditional WoS proddy/catholic divide.

Many moons ago, I headed to Edinburgh to start my first full-time job with Lothian Regional Council. I was told by a number of folk that religion was not a big issue in the east. First day, sitting in an ill-fitting suit, at my desk, in a large open-plan office, one of my immediate bosses strides over to me, looks me up and down and asks - do you kick with your left-foot? I didn't have a clue what he was talking about! After that a common question was who do you support? The answer of Morton was almost always greeted with but who do you really support?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many moons ago, I headed to Edinburgh to start my first full-time job with Lothian Regional Council. I was told by a number of folk that religion was not a big issue in the east. First day, sitting in an ill-fitting suit, at my desk, in a large open-plan office, one of my immediate bosses strides over to me, looks me up and down and asks - do you kick with your left-foot? I didn't have a clue what he was talking about! After that a common question was who do you support? The answer of Morton was almost always greeted with but who do you really support?

Cool story bro

source.gif

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I wonder if he still has the suit?

*insert signature here*

Apologies for taking this off the topic of Scottish geographical/political boundaries - 

They will likely be hit with another charge for singing at the Legia Warsaw away game. Their club statement states their intention to decline away tickets for their next European game (if they have another one).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49503683

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I think that from UEFA's point of view that this was perfect timing as it is usually Legia Warsaw that they like to make an example of every other season when it comes to sanctions and penalties. They (Rangers) have got away with it for too long and they've had plenty of warnings.

*insert signature here*

Dumfries is in Dumfries & Galloway (and was previously in Dumfriesshire).  It's not in the Borders region, and it's not even adjacent to the border - head south and you find the Solway Firth.  Head east and you eventually come to the Borders, with the actual border ending just south east of Gretna where a tributary joins the river Esk.  Your programmer needs to correct your software database.

Regarding your other comment, the three words you choose to (mis)quote are sectarian, as are the other three words that you don't (mis)quote but simply ignore.  I'll credit you with not being stupid, so I'm sure you are actually able to discern the subtle difference compared to the actual lyrics.  However you are programmed always to have the last word, so after doing some fact based analysis, can I just say: Zyzzyva.  :)

Was it done in camera ?

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

I think that from UEFA's point of view that this was perfect timing as it is usually Legia Warsaw that they like to make an example of every other season when it comes to sanctions and penalties. They (Rangers) have got away with it for too long and they've had plenty of warnings.

“We’re up to our knees in UEFA charges”

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/324166-2nd-uefa-charge/page/1

A good laugh that.

People blaming UEFA, blaming the Rangers board, threatening not to come back if they cant sing about murdering "fenians", and hilariously trying to claim "fenians" means Celtic fans and not Catholics.

The vilest mutants in football.

“We need clarity on what songs we can no longer sing” :lol:

“We need clarity on what songs we can no longer sing” :lol:

Tbh this doesn't seem at all an unreasonable request to me.

You can argue whether or not it's a good thing but the Rangers (2012) fans are correct when they say that without an exhaustive list, they're onto plums, because the people who are reporting them and scrutinizing them are motivated to find fault whatever they do. Getting clarity is the only way for them to be able to avoid punishment in the future.

Remember, it used to be completely uncontroversial to call someone a '****', but because of a successful media campaign from Rangers fans, we all need to put on our big frowny-face whenever someone says it and pretend that it's a sectarian slur. That's the aim here from each side of the OF - to try to criminalize each others' behavior as much as possible, rather than to actually worry about something called "sectarianism", which barely exists in Scotland to any meaningful extent.*

*meaningful extent meaning, what impact does sectarianism have in day-to-day life - in interpersonal relationships, workplaces, commerce, culture etc? Compared to even forty years ago, the answer is virtually nothing. The Netherlands, for example, is far more divided by religion than Scotland is, but it's barely divided at all. The way people carry on about it - on this thread included - you'd think it was Israel and Palestine, and not some people singing songs.

EOho8Pw.png

Tbh this doesn't seem at all an unreasonable request to me.

You can argue whether or not it's a good thing but the Rangers (2012) fans are correct when they say that without an exhaustive list, they're onto plums, because the people who are reporting them and scrutinizing them are motivated to find fault whatever they do. Getting clarity is the only way for them to be able to avoid punishment in the future.

Remember, it used to be completely uncontroversial to call someone a '****', but because of a successful media campaign from Rangers fans, we all need to put on our big frowny-face whenever someone says it and pretend that it's a sectarian slur. That's the aim here from each side of the OF - to try to criminalize each others' behavior as much as possible, rather than to actually worry about something called "sectarianism", which barely exists in Scotland to any meaningful extent.*

*meaningful extent meaning, what impact does sectarianism have in day-to-day life - in interpersonal relationships, workplaces, commerce, culture etc? Compared to even forty years ago, the answer is virtually nothing. The Netherlands, for example, is far more divided by religion than Scotland is, but it's barely divided at all. The way people carry on about it - on this thread included - you'd think it was Israel and Palestine, and not some people singing songs.

Eh, here is an easy bit of clarity for Rangers fans - don't sing songs about Catholics, t**gs, f*****s or the Pope.

Don't buy any argument that says Rangers fans need to be told what is right or wrong. For one, I am 99% sure Rangers did tell them years ago to stop singing the Billy Boys. Also, it isn't Celtic who are punishing Rangers, its UEFA.

Any sane person can tell which songs sang by Rangers and Celtic are sectarian

Eh, here is an easy bit of clarity for Rangers fans - don't sing songs about Catholics, t**gs, f*****s or the Pope.

Don't buy any argument that says Rangers fans need to be told what is right or wrong. For one, I am 99% sure Rangers did tell them years ago to stop singing the Billy Boys. Also, it isn't Celtic who are punishing Rangers, its UEFA.

Any sane person can tell which songs sang by Rangers and Celtic are sectarian

Sounds like you're volunteering, so an exhaustive list of proscribed songs shouldn't be that difficult for you.

EOho8Pw.png

Sounds like you're volunteering, so an exhaustive list of proscribed songs shouldn't be that difficult for you.

Or people could just use common sense to realise that you can't sing about f*****s, t***s, t*****rs, the famine, the Pope or killing Catholics. Likewise Celtic fans shouldn't sing about killing innocent civilians or people being orange *insert adjective here*. Believe it or not, the two clubs have other songs which their fans can sing free of religious bile.

Archived