Morton Club Together Updates - Page 113 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

My comments were about the signing of a certain player who shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the club, so there is no surprise they were excluded.  It is immoral that a fan-owned football club wont face up to supporters concerns on the matter, despite being given many opportunities to do so, however here we are.

It may not be the biggest talking point amongst supporters now that we've got a new manager and had a few favourable results, but this issue wont go away as long as hes at the club, and for as long as those who sanctioned the transfer are still in the boardroom.

Good to see you, once again, lambasting Lithgow in order to protect your own insecurities. At least, that's how your constant, 24/7 ranting about him comes across.

Maybe you should speak to a professional about your own, deeply uncomfortable urges? 

• Downvote 6

47 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Aye, agree on that. I wonder how much Inverclyde’s socio-economic state factors in here as well. We’ll face many of the same challenges as other clubs, but probably always slightly worse.   

Very probably.

Having had longer to think about it, I'd say that, while looking for a younger and more diverse fanbase is a good idea and definitely worth doing, this can't be done at the expense of the core punters, who are older men. There's no reason at all why it would be at their expense: this isn't a zero-sum thing, and reaching out for new fans and making people welcome should, theoretically, benefit everyone. But overall there is a very specific demographic that's shown itself likely to show up and pay in and stand around watching lower-league football, and consequently this should be the primary one appealed to by the club. It's certainly not the case that we've wrung every last tenner out of that group, as there are plenty of lapsed fans in the area, and any come-to-Cappielow outreach needs to keep them top of mind.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

9 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Good to see you, once again, lambasting Lithgow in order to protect your own insecurities. At least, that's how your constant, 24/7 ranting about him comes across.

Maybe you should speak to a professional about your own, deeply uncomfortable urges? 

Where am I ranting 24/7? Or constant, as you describe?  In fact, I don't think that I have mentioned Lithgow on here for a few weeks now.  In fact, the heat has died down a bit for Lithgow now that we have a new manager and had a few favourable results, but nonetheless he remains a player who shouldn't be at the club.

However I am glad that you think its good to see me, once again, lambasting Lithgow.  Thank you very much for your support. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

1 minute ago, so72 said:

Thats a horrible comment and not something you should be implying about anyone. Perhaps fans like you are who make it possible for sex offenders to captain our club. 

I dont have a clue as to what he was implying.  Perhaps its just as well I dont.

• Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

Anyone know who the best person to contact is for booking Hospitality since Lesley-Anne left? 

Trying to book for 3 for the QoS game on 12 February, and sent the request on Wednesday morning to admin@gmfc.net, which was the contact mail given in the advert. Heard hee-haw from the club since. Is there another email I can try? 

1 hour ago, BigHogTon said:

Just bumped into Quitongo in Glasgow says he’s en route down to sign but trains have been cancelled he neglected to join me for a pint 😆. Hope they’re on soon don’t want to miss out of him. 

That attempt is as tragic as his hairdo. 

Next. 

• Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, vikingTON said:

While GMFC are now providing a weekly update, am I missing MCT's regular source of communication to its members recently? Or are they once again conveniently considered interchangeable? 

As well as things are currently going on the park, I'd still like to know what other ideas MCT have for putting subscriptions to good use. Surely there are opportunities for capital investment, that will make the club's infrastructure better suited for Sir Douglas' ambitions in the medium-long term? If not, then why would he stick around?

A 50-50 split between investment in the playing squad and capital projects that will grow the club in the long term is entirely reasonable. That's MCT's fundamental role IMO - and they will not get a better opportunity to get Morton fans on board than right now.

It's time to form a pitch and get plugging it again. 

It's been time to get the pitchforks and form a lynch mob for a while now.  Get the nonces and their enablers out our once proud club. 

• Downvote 4

*insert signature here*

21 hours ago, vikingTON said:

As well as things are currently going on the park, I'd still like to know what other ideas MCT have for putting subscriptions to good use. Surely there are opportunities for capital investment, that will make the club's infrastructure better suited for Sir Douglas' ambitions in the medium-long term? If not, then why would he stick around?

A 50-50 split between investment in the playing squad and capital projects that will grow the club in the long term is entirely reasonable. That's MCT's fundamental role IMO - and they will not get a better opportunity to get Morton fans on board than right now.

I wonder if MCT are waiting for the end of the season to see what the balance sheet looks like before committing to infrastructure expenditure. Like you it would be nice to know more about the broad brush priorities 

• 1 month later...

MCT sent out a well-written update to members showing that Dougie Imrie and Neil Warnock have both signed up. Apparently it got decent uptake on social media as well. Good stuff.

EOho8Pw.png

It's still early days but I sense that people have thought about some of the earlier failures and tried hard to avoid repetition. Hopefully seeing that fans are reacting positively to what they are seeing will encourage more confidence to start addressing some of the fundamental issues.

Great to see Dougie and Neil sign up and although you'll never please everybody I'm very pleased with the current direction of travel.

• Upvote 1