Morton Club Together Updates - Page 108 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

22 hours ago, port-ton said:

Brian Gillan and Stuart Duncan and its for MCT board not Morton board. Apart from that a very accurate post 😂

This is the MCT thread and I thought it obvious that everyone would know what board I was referring to!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

31 minutes ago, BigHogTon said:

Hearing Brian Rice is ready to come in, was told if we didn’t win today he was in on Monday for Scottish Cup game. What would we say. Same source that told me JJ was going.

TTG. Gants on Tuesday then if that haddie gets it. He 100% will then. 

4 hours ago, BigHogTon said:

Hearing Brian Rice is ready to come in, was told if we didn’t win today he was in on Monday for Scottish Cup game. What would we say. Same source that told me JJ was going.

Nightmare.

4 hours ago, BigHogTon said:

Incredibly odd. 

There needs to be some reflection and a proper process. It doesn't need to a lengthy process, but it would feel like a mistake to rush to an uninspiring choice. 

The board's decision to hand McPherson a new deal in May was wrong but the reasoning behind it was understandable - though foolish. I don't get why they would suddenly accept 18 months of costs and an enormous dent in their legitimacy right now, just to appoint Brian Rice who has been out of a job for months already.

IMG-20201107-WA0000.jpg

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Taking too long to fire a manager compared to our relegation rivals and then hiring one of those said fired relegation rival managers would really be something else. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

15 hours ago, port-ton said:

Taking too long to fire a manager compared to our relegation rivals and then hiring one of those said fired relegation rival managers would really be something else. 

Suggesting Barry Ferguson is something else too.

*insert signature here*

40 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Suggesting Barry Ferguson is something else too.

We can discuss it at the fan parade when Tony Docherty is appointed. 

• Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

We can discuss it at the fan parade when Tony Docherty is appointed. 

We both know that is unlikely to happen, however your suggestion is not far off the complete brain donor suggestion of "Muck Hoist" that gets banded about anytime this job has come up recently.

*insert signature here*

1 minute ago, capitanus said:

We both know that is unlikely to happen, however your suggestion is not far off the complete brain donor suggestion of "Muck Hoist" that gets banded about anytime this job has come up recently.

Oh well, it was just an opinion. Not going to lose any sleep over it. Won't be the last time i have a stupid opinion. 

32.gif

On 10/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, Toby said:

I've got some concerns surrounding last night's match that I think are worth looking into.

First of all, a boy I was speaking to had got a comp from someone at the club before kick off and was refused entry at the Cowshed turnstiles and told he had to sit in the stand, before returning to the ticket kiosk and get it swapped for one that would get him into the shed.

A couple of issues with this- I get that it's the done thing in football, and I've benefitted in the past and will probably benefit at some point in the future from this. But the club's owners are shelling out £245 a season/£20 a game to watch Morton, whilst players/officials' pals are getting in for hee haw, whilst the club pleads poverty. Perhaps limiting this might go some way to improving the bank balance?

And also, if you're going to give out free tickets for a game in a ground which is 20% full, is there any need to be so stringent with segregating fans who support the same club? It only goes to piss off fans and comes across as if the club are deliberately going out their way to make things difficult for folk. There's no need.

I was more concerned however with the stewarding towards the segregation fences in the Cowshed though. It was great to see so many weans at the game, and particularly because so many of them were cutting about in the Joma Morton trackie tops. Possibly a sign of the club's community work bearing fruit. However, at one point in the first half, a young lad, no more than 11 years old, was frog marched past me by a steward, with his pals in tow protesting his innocence or begging for leniency. The pals returned, but not the boy who was the subject of the steward's attention. I don't doubt the kid was probably misbehaving, but what actually happened to him? Was he taken to a quieter part of the ground and supervised by a steward? This would appear to be a pointless waste of resources for a pretty harmless wee kid. Were his parents contacted to collect him? Or, was he ejected from the ground and forced to fend for himself? I certainly hope it wasn't the latter, but suspect it may well be.

Of course I've got no issues with adults being ejected if they can't behave themselves, but if I were the parent of a kid that was flung onto the street alone on a dark, rainy Tuesday night in October, I'd be wanting answers.

Just to re-visit this, as I was entering the ground yesterday, a couple of guys were trying to get into the terrace with stand tickets, and were spoken to like the shit off the steward’s shoe for having the temerity to want to enter the wrong gate.

I get (but don’t agree with) the segregation policy, but regardless of whether these folk are paying or not, there was absolutely no need for the way they were treated. In fairness to the leader of their party, he showed pretty admirable restraint, I thought for a second he was about to knock her block off, and tbh, she couldn’t have complained too much if he had.

I get that stewarding is a frustrating job, and customer service at the moment is grim (most will know I do it myself for a living, so have my sympathies) but there’s absolutely no need to treat fans the way she did.

With the club investigating a fan’s conduct towards Lithgow at Raith the other week, they could also do with looking a bit closer to home in how their employees (direct or indirect) are treating their customers.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Toby said:

Just to re-visit this, as I was entering the ground yesterday, a couple of guys were trying to get into the terrace with stand tickets, and were spoken to like the shit off the steward’s shoe for having the temerity to want to enter the wrong gate.

I get (but don’t agree with) the segregation policy, but regardless of whether these folk are paying or not, there was absolutely no need for the way they were treated. In fairness to the leader of their party, he showed pretty admirable restraint, I thought for a second he was about to knock her block off, and tbh, she couldn’t have complained too much if he had.

I get that stewarding is a frustrating job, and customer service at the moment is grim (most will know I do it myself for a living, so have my sympathies) but there’s absolutely no need to treat fans the way she did.

With the club investigating a fan’s conduct towards Lithgow at Raith the other week, they could also do with looking a bit closer to home in how their employees (direct or indirect) are treating their customers.

On a similar note, I've witnessed a female steward at the Cowshed turnstiles speaking to kids in a similar manner.

On Saturday there were two boys about 12/13 trying to pay in at the turnstiles, the female rats rightly pointed them in the direction of the ticket office. As the boys turned to head up the street she called them back and lectured them about behaving themselves or they'd be barred.

Not the way to encourage young supporters back.

• Upvote 1

There's clearly an issue here as I've witnessed it recently too. Acting like teachers in detention. They spend half the match chasing wee boys about and moving them away from the front of the cowshed/Sinclair Street. 

Begs the question, why are kids not allowed to stand at the front anymore? It was part of my childhood  growing up, standing right behind the goal at Sinclair Street. As soon as a kid goes anywhere near it, stewards are there shouting at them like a Hitler youth rally. 

Just let them enjoy their day (as long as they are not being disruptive), last thing we need is putting kids off coming to games.

Edited by Madton
  • Upvote 2