Which players would you keep - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Which players would you keep

Interested

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread is entitled “which players would YOU lkeep” I’m afraid the YOU doesn’t refer just to the incredibly knowledgable VT, but also to all us other humble fans who are being encouraged to give our opinion. If you noticed I added the caveat “with the right partner”.

Sorry, I never thought I’d say this but can I hear more from Vikington please?

I'm a big fan of him at this level. I bear no ill will for choosing Falkirk over us as he was signing for the manager as Falkirk and Morton would have both meant nothing to him at that stage.The way he's acted towards our fans in games is totally merited in the context of the atmosphere of the games as well and i'd love to have someone like that in our squad doing it to other teams.

I've got a lot of admiration for the way he was the only outfield player who seemed to care for Falkirk the other week despite not even being their player. Some fans would have their nose up at him joining but i'm willing to bet within 5 or 6 games they'd be singing his name.

Rudden got off particularly lightly in all our games against them.

He is a dick, acted like a dick, and should be treated like a dick.

Competent at this level, yes. But he can still fuck off.

The thread is entitled “which players would YOU lkeep” I’m afraid the YOU doesn’t refer just to the incredibly knowledgable VT, but also to all us other humble fans who are being encouraged to give our opinion. If you noticed I added the caveat “with the right partner”.

Yes but you still have to justify your opinion instead of having a tantrum over getting called on it. That's how a public forum works champ.

In this case, because you've dismissed the rest of the squad for being 'very inconsistent' and having a tendency to hide, while giving out a new deal to the biggest culprit of them all, who has been an absolute fucking bombscare every other week since the start of the campaign. It's really not my fault* that a coach and horses can be driven through the holes in your 'thinking' tbh. 

It's yours.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If I need justification it would be that in my personal opinion, based on the games I’ve watched, I can see the potential for a centre half of championship level in Buchanan. I’m also not sure if it’s possible for a centre half to hide in a match, no matter what his level. Of the competent to good or better centre half partnerships I’ve seen over the years, I’ve always felt their success was based on one who can cover, read the game and start the play, with the other concentrating on defending and getting the ball away from danger. Some partnerships with this combination included Clarke and McNeill, Millar and McLeish, Orr and McLaughlin, Moore and Charlton. If the players are too similar I’ve never seen a pairing that worked. That’s what was behind my thinking, I’d like to see a decent ball playing centre half alongside Buchanan before I write him off completely.

'Potential to be a Championship defender' is hardly a glowing endorsement for a player who has already made more than 100 appearances at this level and 'won' promotion from it last time round. He is 29 years old and has arrived at the club as the finished article; that finished article is simply of 'seaside league haddy' standard. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Kilday has in fairness looked back to his best the past couple of games I've seen (Inverness and Falkirk) but 2 decent performances don't take away from an absolute **** show of a season from him overall. 

I don't actually recall Kilday ever being that good ? (awaits VT to bring up Darren Barr)

He was dreadful in League 1, then thought he had a couple of good seasons afterwards when moved into CB. He's been terrible post injury up until the last couple of games. 

I'd say that Kilday had just about edged it as the least worst of the three of them this season.

Buchanan and Waddell both have some good basic attributes as defenders. Big, strong, good in the air, capable of stepping out with the ball at their feet, decent tacklers at times. All a bit useless if you have very little concentration, awareness, or consistency (and useless has been a good word to describe those two for most of the season). Kilday has just looked like he's been playing in slow motion.

VT slating the suggestion of keeping Buchanan but wants to keep our worst defender of the season in Kilday...

Your hero has been absolutely pish this season!

Kilday was horrific when he first came into the team this season and looking at the season overall you could certainly justify releasing him, but he’s been our least bad centre back by a considerable distance since January. Buchanan has easily been the worst in that time and in the season overall, despite McAlister not even being a centre back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Kilday was horrific when he first came into the team this season and looking at the season overall you could certainly justify releasing him, but he’s been our least bad centre back by a considerable distance since January. Buchanan has easily been the worst in that time and in the season overall, despite McAlister not even being a centre back.

I actually think they are all decent enough and could work well with more of a Gunning presence in there to lead the defence. Wouldn't be bothered losing any of them but wouldn't be bothered about keeping 1 or 2 if we got someone else in who's a bit more aggressive and organises better.

Having said that, the management team need to take some of the blame for the lack of organisation too.

VT slating the suggestion of keeping Buchanan but wants to keep our worst defender of the season in Kilday...

Try actually facing the pitch during games champ. 

I'm hoping JJ goes into the foreign market this summer and brings in 2 absolute nutters to play at CH. Would be good if they were semi decent at football too. Keep either Kilday or Buchanan for back up.

Archived