Which players would you keep - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Which players would you keep

Interested

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidser has apparently not ruled out re-signing with us at the end of the season. 

Source?

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Also I would dive mouth first in to a barrel of dicks for Tidser to re-sign next season, but I'm not convinced spunking the majority of our reduced budget on Millar, Mcalister and Tidser would be wise.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

He maybe should have thought about possible relegation when he enticed the Grangemouth Pound. Bit late for him to start buttering both sides of his bread now

Exile him to the seasides.

I think I've blanked out much of that season and the one after. Apart from the win at Parkhead. We really have had a pretty unmemorable last 20 years.

You have blanked out more than that seeing as the Parkhead match was not in either of the seasons you mentioned nor was it under Duffy.

He maybe should have thought about possible relegation when he enticed the Grangemouth Pound. Bit late for him to start buttering both sides of his bread now

Exile him to the seasides.

He evidently did, which is why his options are open.

You have blanked out more than that seeing as the Parkhead match was not in either of the seasons you mentioned nor was it under Duffy.

It was 2013, when Moore was manager.  I remember that one and getting gubbed 5-1 by Cowdenbeath shortly afterwards.  I don't think we've had a worthwhile season since we blew the league at Firhill.  Some enjoyable individual games since, but overall it's been pretty grim stuff for years.  Optimism in August turning to disappointment by Xmas usually.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

It was 2013, when Moore was manager. I remember that one and getting gubbed 5-1 by Cowdenbeath shortly afterwards. I don't think we've had a worthwhile season since we blew the league at Firhill. Some enjoyable individual games since, but overall it's been pretty grim stuff for years. Optimism in August turning to disappointment by Xmas usually.

The year we got to the playoffs and Hamden was pretty good right up until April, or so I would say anyway.

The year we got to the playoffs and Hamden was pretty good right up until April, or so I would say anyway.

Even though we got shattered and fell away i still look back on that season really fondly. I remember at the time saying it was one of my favourite Morton teams ever and the nonsense we've had to watch this season only re-affirms that belief for me.

O'Ware, Lamie, Murdoch, Lindsay, Quitongo with functioning knees and probably more would all walk in to this team and the majority of teams we've had over the past 20 years.

32.gif

Even though we got shattered and fell away i still look back on that season really fondly. I remember at the time saying it was one of my favourite Morton teams ever and the nonsense we've had to watch this season only re-affirms that belief for me.

O'Ware, Lamie, Murdoch, Lindsay, Quitongo with functioning knees and probably more would all walk in to this team and the majority of teams we've had over the past 20 years.

Aye it was a real rare light in the last few years. We have seen how good Lindsay and Murdoch are at this level this season, would love to have had those two together for longer.

I wonder if Murdoch could be a shout for next season, incidentally? We're cutting the budget, but he's PT. I don't know what his personal circumstances are - maybe he has a decent job during the day, but if not, would he come back FT on similar wages to last time?

It all hinges on how much we can afford but I'd be sounding him out as an option right now. He's out of contract at the end of the month.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't think he's part time and he's already signed a contract until May 2020.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Didn't know about the new deal, that's a shame. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Also who gave wee Ayr permission to go FT?

They went FT after they were last relegated from this league two or three years ago. I think at the time it was mainly to do with youth development.

Aye, that team with Murdoch and Lindsay was decent - pity we couldn't have kept it going until the playoffs.  We've never really replaced these two in particular.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I'd keep Lyons, Tidser, Miller, Telfer Iredale, Mcrorie & Kiltie.

Not immensely fussed about any of them really though, except Lyons (who I've been very impressed with and am delighted hes staying) and Tidser (he's Tidser).

I want a pretentious signature too.

Archived