Who Next? - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

Chris Millar taking temporary charge of the team could work... I’m sure he’ll have the respect of the squad at the very least

Not for me. We need a manager in the dugout and we need Millar on the pitch.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We go to their horrible, three-sided hovel on the third last game of the season IIRC. Appoint Wake and He will relegate them on that day. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

KO'd St Mirren so unlikely.

I think we will approach Hoppy.

An unemployed manager's outlook is likely to change once the season gets underway. A contract until the end of the season with a good squad of players ready to go might well appeal...it isn't often you get to take over a team on the ascendency.

AWMSC

An unemployed manager's outlook is likely to change once the season gets underway. A contract until the end of the season with a good squad of players ready to go might well appeal...it isn't often you get to take over a team on the ascendency.

Hoppy will be number one Target.

peter Houston, Hughes will all be linked.

The money he still received from MK Dons is way more than we would pay. Main reason he turned the likes of St Mirren down.

Yes, let's deal with the problem caused by a disloyal snake manager by hiring someone who didn't even stay with a club that won promotion to try - and completely fail - to land a job in England instead. In what parallel universe can he be trusted to commit to the three year agenda of the club at the moment? Nope to that. Nope to any of those rent-a-jobber names who will be puffing about how difficult it is to compete in this division with such big teams from the 2004-05 SPL campaign after about 0.45 seconds in the post. 

It's remarkable that 'someone who won't talk down the club like it's a glorified village outfit and won't choose to jump aboard a sinking ship' has risen to the top of our selection criteria, but here we are after selecting two Scottish fitba men in succession. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yes, let's deal with the problem caused by a disloyal snake manager by hiring someone who didn't even stay with a club that won promotion to try - and completely fail - to land a job in England instead. In what parallel universe can he be trusted to commit to the three year agenda of the club at the moment? Nope to that. Nope to any of those rent-a-jobber names who will be puffing about how difficult it is to compete in this division with such big teams from the 2004-05 SPL campaign after about 0.45 seconds in the post. 

It's remarkable that 'someone who won't talk down the club like it's a glorified village outfit and won't choose to jump aboard a sinking ship' has risen to the top of our selection criteria, but here we are after selecting two Scottish fitba men in succession.

I'm out of green dots. You're right. Another friend of the media mafia absolutely shafted us today, despite appearing to be best mates with the chairman. Time to try something new.

EOho8Pw.png

Not sure our team suits hoppy tbh

Was his style at Livingston not based on the players he had available to him? Putting them into a formation and a style that played to their strength. Why wouldn’t he do the same with us, and have us set up to use a midfield that can pass the ball?

Was his style at Livingston not based on the players he had available to him? Putting them into a formation and a style that played to their strength. Why wouldn’t he do the same with us, and have us set up to use a midfield that can pass the ball?

The more I reflect on it the more I think this is right. He's not stupid, he played to a high level, he can adapt.

EOho8Pw.png

The more I reflect on it the more I think this is right. He's not stupid, he played to a high level, he can adapt.

Jose Mourinho hasn't exactly been able to adapt over the last decade, so it's hardly a given.".

It's a huge gamble to think a guy with only two seasons of management experience would be able to come in and adopt a very different approach from day one. Far better and more experienced gaffers have failed to do so.

The problem we have is that McKinnon assembled a squad and then mounded it to play in a very distinct way that only certain managers can really do. It's not even as much a matter of ability as approach and vision; it's going to be hard to get somebody who can build on what's there.

It's imperative we look outside that bubble of Scottish football old boys and identify somebody with new, fresh ideas.

AWMSC

Any team that has Tidser and Millar in a midfield three at this level is going to play a possession-based game. So long as a new manger doesn't start fucking around with the formation then that shouldn't change, but we should absolutely be looking outside of the same tired names and now utterly discredited mercenaries for our pick. 

Archived