Who Is Next? - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

Whilst not making any sense really, 5/6 year back when we played Partick at Firhill on Boxing Day, Mark Burchill was standing right behind me, in the Morton end of course. It was absolutely packed that day and only his eagerness to get involved in absolute scenes could explain why he chose our end.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst not making any sense really, 5/6 year back when we played Partick at Firhill on Boxing Day, Mark Burchill was standing right behind me, in the Morton end of course. It was absolutely packed that day and only his eagerness to st involved in absolute scenes could explain why he chose our end.

That day was absolute SCENES. Scott Taggart screamer. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Was in hospitality that day, me and one other Morton fan. Couldn't help but go fecking nuts when that second went in!

Was convinced we would go on to win the league after that, as were many of the Thistle fans I shared a table with.

Whilst not making any sense really, 5/6 year back when we played Partick at Firhill on Boxing Day, Mark Burchill was standing right behind me, in the Morton end of course. It was absolutely packed that day and only his eagerness to get involved in absolute scenes could explain why he chose our end.

Bumped into him on a flight recently, he said he's keen to get back into coaching and seemed quite interested in Morton's affairs. No surprise that he's in the mix.

AWMSC

From what I’ve been told nobody has been formally interviewed yet. Several candidates have held talks but nothing more than that. A deal hasn’t been offered to anyone yet.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Bit rich for the guy who slevers on about Brian Wake to be knocking the idea of two former international footballers, tbh. Both of them have had spells as managers, this is probably the first time they haven't been mentioned for the job.

What does the fact that they were international footballers have to do with managing a Scottish second tier club? What matters is what they are capable of doing in a dugout - an entirely different task - and Lindberg has been nothing less than an utter failure in his previous spells in management. The comparison with Wake is indeed stark but not for the reasons that you think. Only one has an unbroken track record of success in management; while the others are touted for the job based solely on what they did as a player twenty years ago. You'd be as well getting Andy Ritchie in.

There's only one credible Morton manager in that group and it sure as hell isn't either of the Finns. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What does the fact that they were international footballers have to do with managing a Scottish second tier club? What matters is what they are capable of doing in a dugout - an entirely different task - and Lindberg has been nothing less than an utter failure in his previous spells in management. The comparison with Wake is indeed stark but not for the reasons that you think. Only one has an unbroken track record of success in management; while the others are touted for the job based solely on what they did as a player twenty years ago. You'd be as well getting Andy Ritchie in.

There's only one credible Morton manager in that group and it sure as hell isn't either of the Finns. 

Brian Wake's record in management is so insignificant that it doesn't even get a mention on his Wikipedia page.

AWMSC

Did Rajamaki not do OK as a manager?

Just checked this - he took over at TPS in 2010 when they were third in the top flight and left after relegating them to the second tier at the end of 2014.  He then joined KuPS in May 2014 and led them to two midtable finishes - since he left in 2016, they've finished 3rd and 4th respectively. Rajamaki could of course have a Neil Lennon-esque book of mitigating circumstances that he'd like to point out, but his track record smacks of nothing other than mediocrity. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Brian Wake's record in management is so insignificant that it doesn't even get a mention on his Wikipedia page.

Lindberg's Wikipedia page chucks any mention of his coaching career some five years ago and relies solely on a Greenock fucking Telegraph article for that information. When he actually left that club is a complete mystery, as its complete banger of a website can't even tell you. Insignificant indeed.

Most tellingly, only one of them is employed in the relevant post right now, because their management career hasn't ended in unquestionable failure.

Lindberg's Wikipedia page chucks any mention of his coaching career some five years ago and relies solely on a Greenock ****ing Telegraph article for that information. When he actually left that club is a complete mystery, as its complete banger of a website can't even tell you. Insignificant indeed.

Most tellingly, only one of them is employed in the relevant post right now, because their management career hasn't ended in unquestionable failure.

How dare you slander someone of Lindbergs standing. Possibly the best player to grace the hoops for the past 30 years. Time to chuck it with the attention seeking Wake patter, nobody takes you seriously.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived