Who Is Next? - Page 31 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going out your way to find those ‘facts’ at 6 o’clock in the morning to post them on a football messageboard

Have a day off VT, you’re boring.

I wasn't up at 6 o'clock in the morning because I don't live in the UK. Thanks for playing anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

An announcement is probably needed soon but it is worth noting that there hasn't actually been a significant amount of business announced at this level yet. The majority of the current squad have stuck around as well, which makes Harkins' decision to do one to a bumpkin outfit weeks ago look even more bizarre. A hounding offence IMO. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

An announcement is probably needed soon but it is worth noting that there hasn't actually been a significant amount of business announced at this level yet. The majority of the current squad have stuck around as well, which makes Harkins' decision to do one to a bumpkin outfit weeks ago look even more bizarre. A hounding offence IMO.

Careful now. Some of our supporters are a wee bit sensitive when it comes to “Jeebsy”

That's probably because no on else wants them!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

I've only read the BBC article but I don't see how he snaked them. Sunderland are a massive club - if you're at a team like St. Mirren it's very hard to say no to them. He's probably increasing his wages by a factor of six or seven.

EOho8Pw.png

I've only read the BBC article but I don't see how he snaked them. Sunderland are a massive club - if you're at a team like St. Mirren it's very hard to say no to them. He's probably increasing his wages by a factor of six or seven.

Spoke to them without speaking to St Mirren first apparently.

Six or seven? I would think a hell of a lot more than that.

No doubt, he will become a millionaire overnight as a result of this move regardless of whether or not he is a success in this role. It is a no brainer for him.

Also, Sunderland will be odds on favourites to win League One this season, and probably will, so he'll at least get a season of managing a huge club under his belt and a bit of silverware, so it will stand him in good stead going forward.

*insert signature here*

He scored more than a 'couple of crucial goals'; he finished top league scorer for the club in 2008-09 and scored 17 goals in 28 starts at the club. Even his goals to total appearances ratio is better than that of the likes of 'Iron Man' Warren Hawke at the exact same level, who mustered 36 goals from fully 119 appearances; or indeed Morton Hall of Fame member Peter Weatherson (43 from 141) Facts

So Wake is both one of the most prolific strikers we've had at this level since Rowan Alexander - as well as being the saviour - which makes him a bona-fide club legend. Despite the gnashing of teeth about it from Morton fans who prefer to conclude the club's history after either 1979 or 1996.

I get that Wake is probably the first Morton player you fell in love with when you were a wide eyed impressionable we’an but just because he’s your bff doesn’t make him a legend. 17 goals in 56 appearances actually, a Hamilton reject and being in a team that finished 6th in his glory season with Iain Russell not far behind in goals to games ratio does not make him a legend.

I’m not arguing cases for who is a legend I’m just pointing out that I’d be embarrassed if any non-Morton supporter thought Wake actually was a club legend. Cult hero as JLTon said yes, I’ll give you that, like a Bannerman, but don’t bring our history down by pinning him to our legend list with pitiful justification.

I’m not getting the link between Benetiz and Wake either?

pen.jpg

Can't multi quote on mobile:

1. First off - lol. Second, not hugely surprised if true. The higher up the pyramid you go, the more everyone knows everyone else and the line between a wee chat and tapping up becomes less and less clear.

2. I'm assuming, perhaps naively, he'll be on around 1.5k a week (edit: at St

Mirren, obviously, not SAFC) and that Sunderland are picking him as a cheap option. I may well be wrong on both counts.

3. Yep, and if he gets this job, his decision not to join Barnsley is hugely vindicated.

EOho8Pw.png

5 times his current wage it is. Will be on a cool 350k a year.

Saint mung to make a disastrous appointment to replace him and come sinking back down to the championship in a year's time.

All the while the mighty Ton sail past them to the championship title and onto the promiseland, with the majestic captain red beard hopkin at the helm.

Delicious.

That's probably because no on else wants them!

I'd be pretty confident that Lamie and Murdoch aren't devoid of offers tbh. They just have the grace and respect to not flounce out the door in a huff just because the club didn't immediately slam new deals down on the desk where Duffy's tombola had stood minutes before. Harkins was no more important to the first team (and much less so to the club because he's well past his best and has zero transfer value) so should have known his place and treated the club that he is still getting paid by with much greater respect. 

Back to hounding it is then.

5 times his current wage it is. Will be on a cool 350k a year.

Saint mung to make a disastrous appointment to replace him and come sinking back down to the championship in a year's time.

All the while the mighty Ton sail past them to the championship title and onto the promiseland, with the majestic captain red beard hopkin at the helm.

Delicious.

I... I don't think any of this will happen :(

EOho8Pw.png

Archived