Who Is Next? - Page 36 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's McKinnon then it's just typical Morton......" Right chaps, I've called this board meeting to discuss who the next manager should be, now word of mouth is that the fans really don't want McKinnon so I suggest we do a curveball and hire McKinnon anyway, like we always do, go against the fans wishes, who's in? Right that's sorted, McKinnon it is"

Morons!

What has McKinnon ever achieved in management that would make him a better option than Duffy? He would be a distinctly sideways choice.

It would also entirely undermine our whole change of direction statement. McKinnon isn't someone that fans would get excited about.

There's hardly an outstanding choice of managers available. Out of Hoppy, McKinnon and McIntyre I'd have been happy enough with any of them tbh. Was beginning to get quite positive about Hopkin given his record after 2 full seasons in management. McIntyre was my preferred choice at the start but McKinnon did well at Raith but not so good at Dundee Utd. They are a basket case of a club though. 

I think McKinnon is probably considered a boring/predictable option (along with most of the other names mentioned) that doesn't have any history which suggests he'd be any improvement on Duffy.

A really ambitious/interesting appointment would probably tip the scales for me to buy a season ticket. McKinnon/McIntyre/McCulloch are as predictable as they come...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I think McKinnon is probably considered a boring/predictable option (along with most of the other names mentioned) that doesn't have any history which suggests he'd be any improvement on Duffy.

A really ambitious/interesting appointment would probably tip the scales for me to buy a season ticket. McKinnon/McIntyre/McCulloch are as predictable as they come...

You're a moron if you don't in any case. £200 (£11 a game) is stupid value. 

Tbh, your continuous "look at me, i'm no gawn to the fitbaw" is boring as fuck. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

You never go to games anyway which you tell us every week so you won't need to worry about it.

While I think Morton has a recent history of keeping faith with the manager are we really that attractive an opportunity to entice a 'top' candidate? I would have thought our appeal would have been to someone starting out as a manager or someone who has been out of a job for a period. Realistically someone like Hopkin is likely to have 'better' options including staying put, bottom-feeders in the Premiership and the lower leagues in England. Personally, I would prefer a left-field appointment than McKinnon but I suspect the Board will play it safe with a Duffy Mark II.

Archived