The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 83 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Killie fans thoughts on Hawkshaw;

"Cracking wee player but unlucky that we have a very strong midfield. I think he'd do well at Morton."

"Short lad, quite slight in stature, but not afraid to get stuck into the midfield and get the work done and tries hard all the time."

"Your getting yourselves a decent little player, as you say a bit lightweight but he's still young enough to bulk up. Quite a few fans were disappointed he never got kept on when his release was announced.

He should be more than capable of holding his own in the Championship as he never stops working....."

"Good, creative player and deserves a chance. Hope he gets a contract with you and does well."

Seems like he will be another decent signing from Ray should he sign.

Would be more interested to hear how he did at Stranraer. Should've been a standout at that level going by the reports above.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen Killie play a few times over the past couple of seasons and he reminds me of Scott Tiffoney. Lots of promise and can do well, but can also disappear in parts of games. He's also got a similar build to Tiffoney, but like one of the quotes in Madton's post there's definitely time to bulk up. 

The retro-style top is great, but the training/leisure wear on offer is pretty dreadful and has been for years, not really surprising Ray's wearing whatever's lying about considering you can't even buy anything good.

The stuff now isn't quite as bad as the last couple of seasons but it's barely a step up from the tacky shite that stall in the Forum used to punt.

Wouldn't be the worst idea to take fan submissions for t-shirts and the like, just to get ideas.

AWMSC

Regardless of what he wears when he's training, when any of the players or coaches are getting interviewed they should be wearing the current kit in brand spanking new condition. The devil's in the detail. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Regardless of what he wears when he's training, when any of the players or coaches are getting interviewed they should be wearing the current kit in brand spanking new condition. The devil's in the detail.

Absolutely. It's really not that difficult when you have a kit man to make sure they're all wearing the same training stuff, especially when cameras etc are around.

We're handing out Nike stuff from 3 years ago to new players. That's shoddy and sets the tone. Professional attitude and mentality etc.

It's the small things we really need to brush up on.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The retro-style top is great, but the training/leisure wear on offer is pretty dreadful and has been for years, not really surprising Ray's wearing whatever's lying about considering you can't even buy anything good.

The stuff now isn't quite as bad as the last couple of seasons but it's barely a step up from the tacky s***e that stall in the Forum used to punt.

Wouldn't be the worst idea to take fan submissions for t-shirts and the like, just to get ideas.

Tbf a few of the polos are ok. I probably would buy.

This is where a commercial manager would come in handy. I bet the club didn't even know about the retro top being on sale since we give Smith's full run of the merch.

Someone really ought to get it together and try and make as much money from merchandise as possible.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Absolutely. It's really not that difficult when you have a kit man to make sure they're all wearing the same training stuff, especially when cameras etc are around.

We're handing out Nike stuff from 3 years ago to new players. That's shoddy and sets the tone. Professional attitude and mentality etc.

It's the small things we really need to brush up on.

Agreed. It does seem pretty basic that the team should get new gear when it’s brought out for us to buy tbh. It’s a bit of basic marketing aswell if your seeing manager and players in the new stuff in interviews it will surely spur folk into buying it too.

Anyway, get this fucking season started already! Can’t wait!

Agreed. It does seem pretty basic that the team should get new gear when it’s brought out for us to buy tbh. It’s a bit of basic marketing aswell if your seeing manager and players in the new stuff in interviews it will surely spur folk into buying it too.

Anyway, get this ****ing season started already! Can’t wait!

You'd think.

This should all be done for the new players and management arriving. Two sets of kit.

The stuff they're wearing is from last year and no doubt recycled.

An amateur set up when we're trying to change the way we operate.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived