The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 47 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Miller would be a good addition I think. Unsure of how much he featured in League 1 for Plymouth, but he’d surely be at least an uograde on Doyle.

Impressed with our business so far and the way Ray’s continuing to speak about things, hope it continues.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miller would be a good addition I think. Unsure of how much he featured in League 1 for Plymouth, but he’d surely be at least an uograde on Doyle.

Impressed with our business so far and the way Ray’s continuing to speak about things, hope it continues.

played very well was a main part of their team very attacking full back got a good cross on him

15 league one appearances and a few cups, 18 in total last season.

He went from Jan to May without a game at all so not sure if he was injured.

Might have misheard, but it sounds like Telfer says in the YouTube interview that as well as working with McKinnon before, he's also worked with Darren Taylor which kinda suggests that he's coming in in some capacity? 

Not entirely sure what a "Head of Football Operations" does, right enough: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/taylor-handed-new-tannadice-post/

AWMSC

Might have misheard, but it sounds like Telfer says in the YouTube interview that as well as working with McKinnon before, he's also worked with Darren Taylor which kinda suggests that he's coming in in some capacity?

Not entirely sure what a "Head of Football Operations" does, right enough: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/taylor-handed-new-tannadice-post/

sounds like a director of football from what it says in the article

“That will be a new role for this club and the biggest part will be recruitment. That’s the single biggest thing a football club has to get right, the recruitment of players”

The best part IMO is that the likes of Fredthered(dots) and other Duffy fluffers will be absolutely spewing at this confirmed transfer 'swoop'.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Another potentially very good addition.

The article references him as a midfielder. Know he played there since he left us but some had him pencilled in as a full back.

The original post in this thread may be a bit redundant coz of Wikipedia and the official site, but I've had trouble deciding what his position actually is. He will play a variety of roles for us, I reckon. Glad to have him back.

EOho8Pw.png

Yeah great signing.

Jim takes care of himself, an absolute machine when it comes to fitness so will be a great addition. The fact he can play anywhere in midfield is a bonus too.

Delighted he is back. 

Archived