The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lamie, Murdoch (if he fits the system) and Jai - in order of importance, are all that should be considered for new deals.

Some semblance of continuity through the middle of the side could be the difference of 4 or 6 points in the first quarter.

To contradict that I can’t see a strong argument for not shipping out McHugh, Thompson and Tidser in the new regime. Duffy simply had the wrong players on longer deals.

Murdoch is 23 years old. Is it just players under 23 that the club offered new deals to irrespective of who the manager was going to be?

Pretty much everyone was lined up for new deals. Then Duffy left and the deals were off the table. Everyone is aware of that. What changed with the U-23’s is that only those that came through our system immediately got offers. Murdoch didn’t come through our system so initially didn’t get an offer and has now been told he won’t.

Now that Gaston has resigned, I'd prefer we bring in a £100-a-week jobber as back up and spent the money on greater depth elsewhere in the squad. If Gaston does get a serious injury then let's look towards emergency loans.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

How come the 'Greenock Morton fans page' on Facebook just recycles and parrots all the club announcements as their own instead of just sharing the official one?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I would be very disappointed if Murdoch wasn't offered a new deal.  Especially if he was replaced by someone slower and more lethargic.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Not sure McKinnon is too happy about the re-signing seeing as he appears to have broken Gaston's hand.

2gsj0q1.png

And I did mean the right hand, with Gaston trying hard to hide the fact that his left one seems to be in plaster.

If you can camp out there every day for the next week or two and report back, that would be great, Oh and make sure you have a camera with you!

Def not Buchanan?

Lol.

I don't think it was him. This guy was younger.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Delighted that Gaston has re-signed. If the rumours of Murdoch going are true then we'll have to put faith in McKinnon's judgement. Strange one though.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Hope so

Will be a loss if he moves on

Meh. If he's replaced with someone who brings more goals then I don't mind.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived