Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside? - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside?

Malt

Is it time to go?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for the Rae family to step aside at Greenock Morton Football Club?

Lets not let a few good results get in the way of the single most important issue at the club.

RAES OUT.

You're in absolutely no position to comment on either the football or the board, as you're too much of a groomed shitebag to ever show your face at Cappielow. Get back in your box.

Thanks for playing anyway, chump.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a threat Russell?

Only if you're the sort of absolute moron that failed his O Level English comprehension. No wonder Asda sacked you from shelf-stacking duties - let's all laugh now :lol:

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Only if you're the sort of absolute moron that failed his O Level English comprehension. No wonder Asda sacked you from shelf-stacking duties - let's all laugh now :lol:

You're in absolutely no position to comment on either the football or the board, as you're too much of a groomed s***ebag to ever show your face at Cappielow. Get back in your box.

Thanks for playing anyway, chump.

Oh dear, I think your hamster has been running over your keyboard again while you were out on the pull.

See the cunts that aren’t going to the games because of the Raes/turnstile shambles/bad home form, can they even consider themselves Morton fans?

Let’s face it, if we’d new owners, pay at the gate, and on an unbeaten run at Cappielow like last year, they’d find some other excuse not to go.

Too cold perhaps. Or someone shouting nasty things at the players.

See the **** that aren’t going to the games because of the Raes/turnstile shambles/bad home form, can they even consider themselves Morton fans?

Let’s face it, if we’d new owners, pay at the gate, and on an unbeaten run at Cappielow like last year, they’d find some other excuse not to go.

This. When even we’re agreeing, he’s got a point. They’re not coming back, fuck them and fuck Soccer Saturday.

See the **** that aren’t going to the games because of the Raes/turnstile shambles/bad home form, can they even consider themselves Morton fans?

What about those who just simply 'canny be arsed'?

I don't consider myself to be a Morton supporter in the Pat Gillan sense of the phrase, but I still want to see the team do well and the club progress off the Park.

For what it's worth, I think that Douglas Rae's tenure as club chairman has came to a natural end however I think that he deserves a lot more respect than what some are currently giving him.

Also, the common consensus amongst many on here nowadays is that the Easdale Brothers are the only show in town and that no-one whatsoever has any wealth or any interest in acquiring the club, so DDFR should merely step aside for the inevitable. It seems that lessons haven't been learnt from the past.

I reckon the "not going to raes are gone" is just a smokescreen for I'm not into it anymore.

The Raes have certainly dampened my enthusiasm so I can't criticise those in that boat. Some have simply had enough and I can't blame them.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Piss poor excuse for not going anymore.

Suffice to say I disagree. Everyone has their breaking point. I don't like being taken for a mug which is what is happening just now. I'll still go when work allows it but I can't say that will always be the case.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

There's an argument that the fans who turn up regardless of what's happening at the club are the fans that are harming the progression of the club more than those who have chosen to stay away.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• 1 month later...

I've got a season ticket so I still go. I won't have next season. I think it'll be Largs Thistle as my preference. I think the Raes are past their sell by date, and I have no time at all for Duffy. I also hate being taken for a mug.

I've got a season ticket so I still go. I won't have next season. I think it'll be Largs Thistle as my preference. I think the Raes are past their sell by date, and I have no time at all for Duffy. I also hate being taken for a mug.

Duffy has his faults as a manager but as a person it's hard to fault him.

Whereabouts in Largs are you?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

A profit of £130,341 posted and turnover up by nearly £500,000. Pretty encouraging but I suspect this’ll be one off given last season included a trip to Hampden.

Is there a breakdown of the turnover increase? It can't all be cup and gate receipts. Most of it will be.

EOho8Pw.png

There's an argument that the fans who turn up regardless of what's happening at the club are the fans that are harming the progression of the club more than those who have chosen to stay away.

Not a good argument, right enough.

Archived