Brechin Bumpkins V The Famous - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Brechin Bumpkins V The Famous

vikingTON

Gaston has been pretty good this season apart from a mistake he's held his hands up to in the last game so I think it would be harsh to drop him.

So other than when he chucks goals in, he's doing fine as a keeper. I'm not sure what admitting what most people could see in the ground has to do with the selection choice, either way. His performance slipped, not for the first time, and so someone else should get the chance. That's not harsh; that's how competition for places is supposed to work. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaston has been pretty good this season apart from a mistake he's held his hands up to in the last game so I think it would be harsh to drop him.

It's cool how he admitted his error, I agree, but it should have very little bearing on his selection. If we brought in a keeper as competition this is exactly the time to use him. If we brought him in just as injury cover, that's another thing.

EOho8Pw.png

It's almost as if injuries leading to no defensive cover already existed in the summer, that should have informed a full-blooded effort to Bring Him Home.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

So you want to play doohan. Who doesn't have a single minute of 1st team football. Hasn't played for Celtic under 20s that often this season either.?

Yes. Bryn fucking Halliwell was ready to displace Gaston at one point.

So you want to play doohan. Who doesn't have a single minute of 1st team football. Hasn't played for Celtic under 20s that often this season either.?

I have no idea how good he is. I'm going off the fact that he was signed as competition, rather than merely as a bench warmer (this is what Duffy said) and Gaston is off the back of giving up a complete clanger. If you're going to give the youngster a shot in the team, a game against a complete joke outfit like Brechin seems the time to do it. Maybe he's absolutely shite, I don't know, but Duffy said he signed him as competition so I'm taking him at his word. Now's the time. If he's rubbish, he's rubbish. At least we know.

EOho8Pw.png

I have no idea how good he is. I'm going off the fact that he was signed as competition, rather than merely as a bench warmer (this is what Duffy said) and Gaston is off the back of giving up a complete clanger. If you're going to give the youngster a shot in the team, a game against a complete joke outfit like Brechin seems the time to do it. Maybe he's absolutely s***e, I don't know, but Duffy said he signed him as competition so I'm taking him at his word. Now's the time. If he's rubbish, he's rubbish. At least we know.

Agreed. Our early exits from both cups have put paid to his chances of first team football I suspect, and with us getting an extra bye in the Scottish Cup this year, the chances of us drawing sh*te like Beith is less likely.

In a league in which so many teams are operating at around the same level, Brechin seems the obvious fixture to give him a chance.

Do you really think he would have came back even if we had the money to offer?

Why wouldn't a professional footballer return to cigar this level, if his former club had made a credible offer instead of putting wage budget away until October?

Be very specific.

You wanted to play Jamie 'Donnarumma' McGowan in goal for crucial promotion matches last season, off the back of performances in an absolute joke league watched by two saddos and a dug. Who is now currently struggling to get game time at Troon, a second tier Junior team.

Probably best that you sit out of this particular debate then.

.....and I agree that if doohan was signed as competition then today is the right time to put him in. Gaston made a costly error in the last game.

If Doohan doesn't get a chance you have to ask what the point was in signing him on loan. Bit bizarre.

Archived