Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated

Bawheid

I don't want them to die as a club, but i want them to at least get a feel for how we've suffered over the years while they've lorded it over us and slagged us. It's league one they're going to FFS. Most full time teams that go down there actually come back stronger as they are able to rebuild their squads and still beat the part time teams.

Send them down! Genuinely can't believe there's Morton fans out there that wouldn't love to see them get relegated. 

You're mistaking Bawheid for a Morton fan.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me think for a nano-second.

Of course I'd want to see them relegated, hopefully twice.

That's not to say I'd like them to go to the wall. Only 2 clubs come to mind for that treatment.

Last night I was thinking it would be nice to see them crawl out of their current predicament so we could have more derby wins next year.

This morning I woke up and thought, nah, fuck 'em.

Down, down, deeper and down.

EOho8Pw.png

You're mistaking Bawheid for a Morton fan.

Proof this guy has lost the plot, he's now officially obsessed with me as he can't seem to post about anything else. Last night he crossed my path to which I ask "how are you Russel " offered to shake his hand only for to be dinghied with a reply of FUK off. Charming from a guy I have spoke and to and enjoyed his company in the past with never a cross word . Last nights reaction from him proves his warped mind is that of his pseudonym fantasy name on this board. The guy is a saddo with no respect for others views I dread the day I hear he has fathered children.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Last night he crossed my path to which I ask "how are you Russel " offered to shake his hand only for to be dinghied with a reply of FUK off.

:lol:

If a club board member is reading this, please ensure a stand is named after Toby for this, TIA

EOho8Pw.png

I do not wish St.Mirren to go to the wall but i definitely want them relegated.

Also, it would help wipe the smirk off Steven (hacking b'stard face) Thompson's face on Sportscene. He said earlier this season that St.Mirren would be top 4.

St.Mirren have always been a filthy shower of hacking fouling scum that i have known in last 40 years and i know it goes way further back than that.

Being relegated is not the end of the world as many teams have come back from the either of the bottom 2 leagues

I do not wish St.Mirren to go to the wall but i definitely want them relegated.

Also, it would help wipe the smirk off Steven (hacking b'stard face) Thompson's face on Sportscene. He said earlier this season that St.Mirren would be top 4.

St.Mirren have always been a filthy shower of hacking fouling scum that i have known in last 40 years and i know it goes way further back than that.

Being relegated is not the end of the world as many teams have come back from the either of the bottom 2 leagues

I thought last night they were reasonably well-behaved but the 1-1 game at the start of the season, they were an absolute gang, hacking everything that moved. I guess the only reason that changed last night is that there's zero fight left in them. I'd be very worried if I was a scum fan, if Jack Ross can't get them fired up for a derby what hope do they have?

From looking at their squad pre-season, especially up front, I thought they'd be doing much better than they are. On paper, at that time, I'd have crawled over glass to get Sutton, Clarkson and Shankland instead of Kudus, Quitongo and Oliver. Meanwhile in reality the latter three (well, latter two) are among the most creative in the league and the former three are also-rans. Funny old game.

EOho8Pw.png

I would be utterly delighted to see St Mirren go down, especially if they stayed there for a few years, and I question the sanity of any Morton fan that wouldn't be. However, I don't want to see them go to the wall. I don't wish that on any club outside of Rangers 2012. They helped us out when we struggled, I'd be fine doing the same.

I have heard some rumblings about real financial difficulty, if especially they go down, so we may have to get the buckets out sooner rather than later!

Let's say Dumbarton stay up and St Mirren go down. Do we seriously prefer four games a year v Sons (and no harm to them) to 4 derbies? That's two home gates of maybe 1800-2000 versus two at 3000-4000 or more. That's around £40k on the bottom line which would otherwise be available in the playing budget.

Fortunately it's not a decision anyone has to take. The league table and football will!

Let's say Dumbarton stay up and St Mirren go down. Do we seriously prefer four games a year v Sons (and no harm to them) to 4 derbies? That's two home gates of maybe 1800-2000 versus two at 3000-4000 or more. That's around £40k on the bottom line which would otherwise be available in the playing budget.

Fortunately it's not a decision anyone has to take. The league table and football will!

By the same token, St. Mirren as a full-time club with a large fanbase have a better chance of being good next season, while Dumbarton are likely to be worse than us for the same reasons. So, St. Mirren are a club who could conceivably finish above us, while Dumbarton are likely to do the opposite. That will affect potential prize money, which (depending on league position) can range up to £75k (although admittedly that's between 1-2 and 2-3; we're likely to be a bit lower down where the differences are less.) Swings and roundabouts.

Also, please address my very important point in post 29, TIA. The fans deserve to know.

EOho8Pw.png

We survived without St Mirren in our league for years, we'll survive when they plummet to the lowest point in their clubs history.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I thought last night they were reasonably well-behaved but the 1-1 game at the start of the season, they were an absolute gang, hacking everything that moved. I guess the only reason that changed last night is that there's zero fight left in them. I'd be very worried if I was a scum fan, if Jack Ross can't get them fired up for a derby what hope do they have?

From looking at their squad pre-season, especially up front, I thought they'd be doing much better than they are. On paper, at that time, I'd have crawled over glass to get Sutton, Clarkson and Shankland instead of Kudus, Quitongo and Oliver. Meanwhile in reality the latter three (well, latter two) are among the most creative in the league and the former three are also-rans. Funny old game.

The whole atmosphere surrounding the St Mirren team last night reminded me of our relegation season.  Faffing about in the warm-up drills, with no obvious drive or get up and go, a load of well-paid journeymen and a few who ought to be able to do better but obviously can't (or can't be bothered).  Look how that ended up for us, and its hard to see St Mirren regaining that ambition given where they are just now - even though it the point of no escape will still be many games away yet, they can't be that far off the point where not only do they need to start picking up points but that they also need to rely on a slump in form by one of the other teams.

Archived