Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated

Bawheid

Proof this guy has lost the plot, he's now officially obsessed with me as he can't seem to post about anything else. Last night he crossed my path to which I ask "how are you Russel " offered to shake his hand only for to be dinghied with a reply of FUK off. Charming from a guy I have spoke and to and enjoyed his company in the past with never a cross word . Last nights reaction from him proves his warped mind is that of his pseudonym fantasy name on this board. The guy is a saddo with no respect for others views I dread the day I hear he has fathered children.

What I actually said was "Take a f*cking hike". I don't like you, the last time you saw me and said hello Morton had just won the league and you caught me in a moment of weakness. Just to confirm.

Let's say Dumbarton stay up and St Mirren go down. Do we seriously prefer four games a year v Sons (and no harm to them) to 4 derbies? That's two home gates of maybe 1800-2000 versus two at 3000-4000 or more. That's around £40k on the bottom line which would otherwise be available in the playing budget.

Fortunately it's not a decision anyone has to take. The league table and football will!

I remember you making a similar point last season (I think) when we were all pining for a Scottish Cup draw at some far flung Highland backwater and you pointed out the costs for the club etc. With all due respect (see that, Bawheid) we, as fans couldn't really care less about things like that. Not going down the Rangers route of wanting the club to spend,spend, spend before dying, but ultimately that's your problem as a board of directors. We're enjoying the GIRUY at the moment and quite rightly so. If they do go, there'll still be some reasonably well supported clubs visiting Cappielow, even if Hibs and Dundee United also leave the division.

Send them down.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the same token, St. Mirren as a full-time club with a large fanbase have a better chance of being good next season, while Dumbarton are likely to be worse than us for the same reasons. So, St. Mirren are a club who could conceivably finish above us, while Dumbarton are likely to do the opposite. That will affect potential prize money, which (depending on league position) can range up to £75k (although admittedly that's between 1-2 and 2-3; we're likely to be a bit lower down where the differences are less.) Swings and roundabouts.

Also, please address my very important point in post 29, TIA. The fans deserve to know.

Re post 29, I am right onto it!

With regard to league positions,  we would probably budget for the same finishing league position whether it was Dumbarton or St Mirren in our league.  Dumbarton can just as easily be a problem for us in football terms as St Mirren.  They pay the highest part time wages and that can allow them to attract players in their twilight years who have been decent but who are looking for the time part time football allows them to develop a career after football.  St Mirren if you assume a clear out at the end of this season whether they stay up or go down, will be recruiting a new team and that as we know, can be the luck of the draw although a manager with an eye for a player such as JD helps.  It remains to be seen if Jack Ross can do the same.

The composition of the league is important to us.  We want to be competitive but at the same time we also want  teams with decent travelling supports.  Nightmare scenario for next season would be say Hibs and Dundee United going up with Ross County and Hamilton coming down plus Dunfermline and St Mirren going down to be replaced by the likes of say Brechin and Livingstone.   We would have a good chance of winning that league but would face a significant drop in attendances.

What I actually said was "Take a f*cking hike". I don't like you, the last time you saw me and said hello Morton had just won the league and you caught me in a moment of weakness. Just to confirm.

I remember you making a similar point last season (I think) when we were all pining for a Scottish Cup draw at some far flung Highland backwater and you pointed out the costs for the club etc. With all due respect (see that, Bawheid) we, as fans couldn't really care less about things like that. Not going down the Rangers route of wanting the club to spend,spend, spend before dying, but ultimately that's your problem as a board of directors. We're enjoying the GIRUY at the moment and quite rightly so. If they do go, there'll still be some reasonably well supported clubs visiting Cappielow, even if Hibs and Dundee United also leave the division.

Send them down.

Wrong again it was " FUK off" but there again your now going to prove me the lair no doubt . And what pish are u talking I caught you at at a weak moment . You are weak full stop. Can u enlighten me as to your hatred towards me originates, did I steal your granny sookers or summit. Oh and as for your bastards comment, bit OTT imo , but I know what u meant 😉

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Send them down.

I am a Morton fan as much as anyone and I enjoy my derby games, all financial considerations aside.   On the other hand, I can see the attractions of them being relegated.........hmm!!!   If they do go down, it will be interesting to see how the fan ownership model works with a fraction of the league pay out and - if they do not skoosh the league - reduced crowds.

As many have said - we're in the play-off spots at the moment and the Skunks are holding up the league. This gives me great joy. A wee trip to the seaside leagues for a season or two will do them the world of good.This is without an ounce of retribution for the constant shit emanating from certain guest posters about being in the SPL and Morton being the diddy team. It is too early in the season to be thinking about play-offs and relegation, but I won't complain if they drop. 

Send the Bassa's down!

We recovered enough to win that league and so far it been good half decent journey.

They deserve everything coming their way, even the fans admit to it

lol.

In what way do we "deserve everything coming our way" ?

We won't be relegated to Legaue 1 and you can feel free to quote me on that at any time.

lol.

In what way do we "deserve everything coming our way" ?

We won't be relegated to Legaue 1 and you can feel free to quote me on that at any time.

If St Mirren are relegated i want Pie and Bovril changed to " Morton and Bovril "  for a day and a picture of you in a Morton strip on the official P&B twitter page.

That's if you're so sure, of course.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Absolutely LOVING the billy big bollocks attitudes in here lads.

You've just beaten St.Mirren for the first time in 17 years and you've suddenly got the arrogance of the Old Firm about you.

You've just beaten St.Mirren for the first time in 17 years and you've suddenly got the arrogance of the Old Firm about you.

There's only one person here with a victim mentality after years of dominance. You'd fit in well with them.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

With regard to league positions,  we would probably budget for the same finishing league position whether it was Dumbarton or St Mirren in our league.  Dumbarton can just as easily be a problem for us in football terms as St Mirren.  They pay the highest part time wages and that can allow them to attract players in their twilight years who have been decent but who are looking for the time part time football allows them to develop a career after football.  St Mirren if you assume a clear out at the end of this season whether they stay up or go down, will be recruiting a new team and that as we know, can be the luck of the draw although a manager with an eye for a player such as JD helps.  It remains to be seen if Jack Ross can do the same.

The composition of the league is important to us.  We want to be competitive but at the same time we also want  teams with decent travelling supports.  Nightmare scenario for next season would be say Hibs and Dundee United going up with Ross County and Hamilton coming down plus Dunfermline and St Mirren going down to be replaced by the likes of say Brechin and Livingstone.   We would have a good chance of winning that league but would face a significant drop in attendances.

Yep, these are all fair points. Of course league composition matters from a financial perspective. But I think we agree with each other - it's swings and roundabouts. Smaller clubs can (or at least should) mean more prize money, bigger clubs should mean more at the gate and less from the SPFL. But I guess you guys have crunched the numbers on that.

EOho8Pw.png

Okay then Div, i'll give £50 to the charity of your choice if St Mirren stay up, in exchange for my terms above if St Mirren are relegated to league 1. 

32.gif

Thought went through my mind last night - I wonder if the derbies actually are as lucrative as we assume because presumably we have to pay significantly higher policing and possibly stewarding costs?  There was quite a high police presence last night, compared to some games where there is little or even none except to do  traffic control after the game.  Not sure what The Finest charge clubs, but it would quite rapidly eat into an additional £20,000 of revenue (if that's a reasonable estimate of the extra crowd - the skunks are probably all on benefits aren't they?)

With regard to league positions, we would probably budget for the same finishing league position whether it was Dumbarton or St Mirren in our league. Dumbarton can just as easily be a problem for us in football terms as St Mirren. They pay the highest part time wages and that can allow them to attract players in their twilight years who have been decent but who are looking for the time part time football allows them to develop a career after football. St Mirren if you assume a clear out at the end of this season whether they stay up or go down, will be recruiting a new team and that as we know, can be the luck of the draw although a manager with an eye for a player such as JD helps. It remains to be seen if Jack Ross can do the same.

The composition of the league is important to us. We want to be competitive but at the same time we also want teams with decent travelling supports. Nightmare scenario for next season would be say Hibs and Dundee United going up with Ross County and Hamilton coming down plus Dunfermline and St Mirren going down to be replaced by the likes of say Brechin and Livingstone. We would have a good chance of winning that league but would face a significant drop in attendances.

Whilst you're answering requests, can you also answer the questions asked of you in the thread you started after our semi-final game.

Also, can you also outline in plans to take the merchandise side of the commercial department back into our own hands by binning smiths.

Thanks in advance

TIME FOR CHANGE!

:lol: Give yourself a shake. Four points from 11 games and you're on the fainting couch because some folk reckon you might be on the way down?

And your lot were just the picture of humility the last seventeen years, aye? Especially around the time of your Cup win?

EOho8Pw.png

Taking it well I see. Delicious.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived