Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated

Bawheid

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14838975.Chivas_to_leave_Paisley__invest___40m_in_Dumbarton/

It just gets worse and worse for St Mirren - even Chivas have realised they're going to finish bottom...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice he skittered off when i offered him a charity bet that would cost him nothing in return other than a bruised ego even if he lost, despite him being so sure that St Mirren will stay up this season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Whilst you're answering requests, can you also answer the questions asked of you in the thread you started after our semi-final game.

Also, can you also outline in plans to take the merchandise side of the commercial department back into our own hands by binning smiths.

Thanks in advance

With regard to questions asked, some I can answer and others I can't for various reasons.

On Smiths and memorabilia, there are no plans to replace them.   The reason we use Smiths is that we could not sell enough memorabilia even in the days post administration when we were getting far higher crowds than now to justify having staff and shop premises with all the attendant overheads.   We are, however, taking a much more active interest in what we sell and one visible sign of that is the current approach to choosing new strips etc.  In terms of other memorabilia we have some ideas but there are bigger fish to fry in terms of other areas of the club and how we prioritise things.   We will get to it though.

Any word on a highlights or streaming service being implemented in the near future Nick? 

That's still the one major downfall of the excellent efforts being made in recent months.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Notice he skittered off when i offered him a charity bet that would cost him nothing in return other than a bruised ego even if he lost, despite him being so sure that St Mirren will stay up this season.

Didn't skittle off anywhere, I was working.

Challenge accepted. An easy £50 for Accord Hospice.

Cheers!

Absolutely LOVING the billy big bollocks attitudes in here lads.

You've just beaten St.Mirren for the first time in 17 years and you've suddenly got the arrogance of the Old Firm about you.

St Mirren have less points at this stage than we did the year we got relegated.................just saying Div!

Didn't skittle off anywhere, I was working.

Challenge accepted. An easy £50 for Accord Hospice.

Cheers!

Excellent! Good man. Only you can lose here.

32.gif

Nightmare scenario for next season would be say Hibs and Dundee United going up with Ross County and Hamilton coming down plus Dunfermline and St Mirren going down to be replaced by the likes of say Brechin and Livingstone. We would have a good chance of winning that league but would face a significant drop in attendances.

Only on this board could someone have a "nightmare scenario" that involves challenging for promotion into the top tier. Very good.

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

With regard to questions asked, some I can answer and others I can't for various reasons.

On Smiths and memorabilia, there are no plans to replace them. The reason we use Smiths is that we could not sell enough memorabilia even in the days post administration when we were getting far higher crowds than now to justify having staff and shop premises with all the attendant overheads. We are, however, taking a much more active interest in what we sell and one visible sign of that is the current approach to choosing new strips etc. In terms of other memorabilia we have some ideas but there are bigger fish to fry in terms of other areas of the club and how we prioritise things. We will get to it though.

What would the additional overheads be if we used a space within Cappielow with the staff already there taking orders. The girls who dealt with the seasons tickets were most helpful - surely wouldn't be that difficult to make that work.

The stuff Smiths are selling is absolutely shite, not to mention we're not shunted to the back of their shop.

Also, whilst we're at it; why is the club office closed on match day? I had a mate looking to pick up his season ticket but couldn't as a result of no one being around.

ETA: I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

We won't be relegated to Legaue 1 and you can feel free to quote me on that at any time.

You base that extraordinarily confident statement on what, exactly?

Of course there's a very long way to go and there's every possibility you could survive. But if my team had 4 points and no wins from 11 games, a goal difference of -13,  and were as bad as you were last night, I'd be absolutely keechin' myself. 

So your apparent confidence must be borne out of bravado, stupidity or arrogance. I hope for your sake it's the first.

I don't get this thing of club cant do it and has to be smiths.

Smaller crowds, smaller catchment, usually seaside league residents Ayr United manage to have a well stocked shop right beside the ground that means on game days they have easy access to the fans - their customers. It is also where they do tickets and season ticket sales and linked to the admin depts. offices as well.

Its not in the town centre - but that does not really matter ,as people will do the 5min drive out to the ground midweek,

Surely the same setup would work for Morton?

You base that extraordinarily confident statement on what, exactly?

Of course there's a very long way to go and there's every possibility you could survive. But if my team had 4 points and no wins from 11 games, a goal difference of -13,  and were as bad as you were last night, I'd be absolutely keechin' myself. 

So your apparent confidence must be borne out of bravado, stupidity or arrogance. I hope for your sake it's the first.

Just my opinion, no need to get your wee knickers in a twist.

We've a new manager who has inherited this squad, he will deliver improved performances and results in time.

Our squad is imbalanced but a lot of that can and will be recitifed in January.

Last night we were without Quinn, MacKenzie and Webster, all decent players who will make a difference when fit.

We've 10 games between now and the opening of the transfer window, 7 of which are at home.

The table doesn't lie, at the moment we are struggling, but with 75 points still to play for I remain confident that we will be absolutely fine.

Only time will tell who is correct.

We've a new manager who has inherited this squad, he will deliver improved performances and results in time.

How do you know that for sure? There's absolutely no sign of it so far, if last night was anything to go by.

Maybe he will turn things round for you, who knows, but to state that as a categorical certainly only makes you sound like a deluded fool, to be perfectly honest. 

Just my opinion, no need to get your wee knickers in a twist.

Only idiots form opinions without the facts and evidence to back it up. All evidence to date (no wins, 4 points, -13 goal difference) suggests otherwise. And going by your embarrassing tear-stained efforts on this thread, it's certainly not me with the twisted knickers. :)

How do you know that for sure? There's absolutely no sign of it so far, if last night was anything to go by.

Maybe he will turn things round for you, who knows, but to state that as a categorical certainly make you sound like a deluded fool, to be perfectly honest. 

Only idiots form opinions without the facts and evidence to back it up. And going by your embarrassing tear-stained efforts on this thread, it's certainly not me with the wet knickers. :)

Well rather than form an opinion based on one game that you've seen, I've actually watched all our games.

The first couple of matches under Jack Ross the team improved. Last night we took a step back.

That's football.

I'm very relaxed about the whole thing. You seem very upset, which is strange.

Jack Ross strikes me as a slightly more lucid Kenny McDowell. Probably a nice enough guy, devoted to the club, but low-energy. Can't motivate, not a fighter. And when China is ripping us off in trade, St Mirren need a fighter, believe me.

Then again I've been wrong about managers before (Duffy, Sir James of) so who knows?

EOho8Pw.png

What would the additional overheads be if we used a space within Cappielow with the staff already there taking orders. The girls who dealt with the seasons tickets were most helpful - surely wouldn't be that difficult to make that work.

The stuff Smiths are selling is absolutely s***e, not to mention we're not shunted to the back of their shop.

Also, whilst we're at it; why is the club office closed on match day? I had a mate looking to pick up his season ticket but couldn't as a result of no one being around.

ETA: I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions.

1) We simply don't have the space for a shop at Cappielow at the moment. The community trust has 9 full time members of staff and fully occupies what was the shop, plus the former commercial office next door. We even have two based in what was Mark Farrell office next to the first aid room. There is the kiosk next to the pie stall under the stand but it is not really suitable. In any event, there is no passing trade.

2) We will look at improving memorabilia and if you have seen anything that other clubs sell that you think Morton could replicate drop me a pm

3) The Morton shop is at the front of Smiths and we get reasonable window space

4) The club office is always open on match days. It is located under the stand. The office I think you are referring to is the community office and their staff work Monday - Friday although they sometimes are in to assist in particular situations such as at season ticket peak time or if we are selling big match tickets like the semi final.

Well rather than form an opinion based on one game that you've seen 

I base my opinion on your league position (rock bottom), number of games won (0), number of points (4) and goal difference (-13).

If you're seriously not worried at all about even the possibility of your team being relegated with these stats then you're obviously a buffoon. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt though and assuming it's pure bravado. :)

Archived