Morton V Aberdeen: Lc Semi Final - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Aberdeen: Lc Semi Final

GiGi

Hopefully we find out today the date, time and venue! Tickets need to be out in plenty of time and we need to market it right to get as many fans as possible there.

Please don't release the tickets a week or two before the game, get them out as early as possible!

Hopefully Kilday, Lamie, Pepper and Tidser are fit by then to give us a fighting chance.

I'd wait until the next home game to start selling them, try and bump the crowd up a bit.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always the Bridesmaid. . .

Interesting read to see our progress in cups and the semi finals.

Also, looking are out history, looks like we have spend about half of it in the top division? Been 28 years now or so. Far too long

The game at hampden 40 yr ago only had 13000 in attendance and it wasn't live on tv and played at 3pm on a fine Saturday afternoon. The dons had the bulk of the crowd, so why the poor turn out.

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

The game at hampden 40 yr ago only had 13000 in attendance and it wasn't live on tv and played at 3pm on a fine Saturday afternoon. The dons had the bulk of the crowd, so why the poor turn out.

In comparison to some of Scotland's supposedly biggest clubs, that crowd would stand up quite well against what they were getting back then.

Unfortunately, I can't make a like for like comparison with the modern era, considering the club I'm thinking of from that period is now dead.

GIRFUY.

I recall it somewhat differently.

The Aberdeen fans had the 'Rangers End' and we had the North Terracing. At most they had 3,000 in the Rangers end, and maybe a few hundred in the main stand. The north terracing was far from full, but it wasn't nearly as sparsely populated as the Rangers End. 

Overall I'd say we comfortably outnumbered them 2-to-1.

Archived