Pre Season - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre Season

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Betfred (League) Cup starts for us on the 16th or 20th July, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of pre-season schedule we put together. Probably not too different to most years as the league cup more starts around the Saturday that we used to have the Renfrewshire Cup final, but it'll be interesting to see how Duffy approaches the cup matches and the build up to them.

Anyone know if the Challenge Cup is still going to be squeezed in somewhere?

The Betfred (League) Cup starts for us on the 16th or 20th July, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of pre-season schedule we put together. Probably not too different to most years as the league cup more starts around the Saturday that we used to have the Renfrewshire Cup final, but it'll be interesting to see how Duffy approaches the cup matches and the build up to them.

Anyone know if the Challenge Cup is still going to be squeezed in somewhere?

The SPFL still haven't said anything about it, but the Highland League fixture list was published today and it has the Challenge Cup first round as Wednesday 3 August & second round as Wednesday 17 August.

Usually we don't hear about cups until mid-June which is generally fair enough, but considering that we don't know anything about the format of the League Cup draw other than Premiership teams being seeded (will there be regionalisation for the lower league sides, how will those regions be decided?) while we didn't even know if the Challenge Cup still existed until today and have no details regarding the format, having had a pile of mental proposals about reserve teams entering along with Welsh & Irish sides being invited, you'd think the SPFL would have had details published by now.

It'd be nice to have a clue what cup competitions are going to look like prior to the draws being made a couple of weeks before the first fixtures.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Bring back our invite to the Arran tournament. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Arran was the worst preseason ever in terms of preperation for the team. Plus we'll never be welcome back there. Ever.

😂 very true! Being a bit selfish there as it was cracking for us, must be a few still barred off that boat!

If we do ever go to another island for pre-season we should charter our own boat.

Dunning1874 & BluebirdTon like this.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived