Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan sinnamon, Ryan Hardie from Rangers? Lewis toshney or Stuart Findlay? Darren Cole? Willie Gibson or joe cardle? Lawrence shankland or James keatings? Paul Lawson or Ian vigurs both released from Motherwell. Players we should be aiming for on loan if need be, if we want to be competing next year.

Lawson would be a tremendous signing, but I would think he'll have premiership teams after him.

If, as is reported, we sign Bobby Barr then I can't imagine us signing any more widemen.

Ryan sinnamon, Ryan Hardie from Rangers? Lewis toshney or Stuart Findlay? Darren Cole? Willie Gibson or joe cardle? Lawrence shankland or James keatings? Paul Lawson or Ian vigurs both released from Motherwell. Players we should be aiming for on loan if need be, if we want to be competing next year.

This guy kens the score. Loan or permanent deal, these are players who can immediately offer something and in some cases may even command a fee if they sign permanently.

And none of them will warrant the faint-praise moniker of 'squad player' .

Edit: minus Gibson. Too old for his role.

EOho8Pw.png

Darren Cole shouldn't darken the door of this club again.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd hope we aren't going into this season with only Bobby Barr as our only natural winger, at least another 1 imo. Stefan was signed as a striker, puts in a shift but I really hope he isn't considered as a first pick. Also joe McKee offers no width at all and shouldn't be classed as a winger either.

Darren Cole is one of the best not only defender but players I've seen play at cappielow, not only a good defender but a all round footballer. Would love to see him and Findlay as our first choices next season.

Darren Cole shouldn't darken the door of this club again.

Agreed.

What about Jordan McMilllan? Booted out of Firhill for (I believe) a penchant for the old Colombian Marching Powder and currently without a club.

Lawson would be a good addition, is he a holding midfielder?

Not trying to be a dick, but surely those two statements completely contradict each other? :lol:

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I never ever said Campbell was a better player than McManus they're a similar type of player in terms of playing. Both have limited ability, but McManus' pace and finishing is in a different league. Imo Morton are McManus' level, possibly lower league premiership. He will be back at Morton by this time next summer, or looking for a team at a similar level, quote me on it.

Darren Cole is one of the best not only defender but players I've seen play at cappielow, not only a good defender but a all round footballer. Would love to see him and Findlay as our first choices next season.

283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.j

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What's wrong with Cole?

Apart from his strolling, half-arsed performances while our last First Division side conceded a landslide of goals - which for me is quite enough - he does in fact come with a genuine amount of baggage about his attitude as a footballer. Indeed the Sunday Mail ran an article earlier this season documenting his half-arsed fall from grace from Sevco's ranks down to (at that time) being out of the game altogether. 

A poor man's Dominic Shimmin. 

I don't instinctively jump to agree with VT, but on the subject of Darren Cole he is absolutely correct.

If Cole was half the player he thinks he is he would be playing for Man U or Real Madrid. He lost us a few goals by trying to be far too clever and his whole demeanour suggested he thought he was far too good to be playing for us.

Stuart Findlay on the other hand would be a fabulous signing.

Imrie gets too easily distracted and wanders all over the place in search of lost cuases.

If Duffy can calm him down from headless chicken mode, all very good. But I suspect he won't listen.

... proud to be apart from the groupthink tree ...

Imrie gets too easily distracted and wanders all over the place in search of lost cuases.

If Duffy can calm him down from headless chicken mode, all very good. But I suspect he won't listen.

If you're out in that Time Machine again, your lost.  :P

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived