Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caldwell spoke himself about his reputation having been tarnished by an incident at Easter Road when Terry Butcher brought him on as as sub and then subbed him after about 20minutes. Apparently and not surprisingly he refused to shake hands with Butcher when  taken off and pushed past him.

He was clearly not at all chuffed at being subbed on one occasion with us, but I don't mind that at all. It was a sign that he wanted to play.

Good luck to him.

Yeah, some people have held something from years ago against him to a ridiculous degree (not saying you are doing this.) Players as varied as Dean Keenan and Cristiano Ronaldo have done the exact same thing but they don't have to go about apologizing for it 24/7.

Anyway, it will all hinge on whom we bring in to replace Caldwell. Good luck to him in any case.

EOho8Pw.png

Released by one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory, released by a St Mirren team half way through a season where they turned out to be one of the worst premier league sides of all time with their main striker missing half the season through injury and then released by Morton after 5 months having not even been a first team regular for portions of that period, and having failed to make much of an impact after an initial decent period.

That hardly speaks as if he's this talented player with no attitude problem that some fans seem to think he is. Talented players with good attitudes don't have the past 12 months that Caldwell has had.

He's no big loss. We should be looking for better than him at this stage of pre season. Decent ability but something tells me he's not the absolutely let down by Morton tragic case that some people have painted, considering he's now looking for his 4th permanent club in the space of a year.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

All well and good to say we should be aiming higher but surely the same applies to Kilday, maybe even to Lamie?

I'm guessing in terms of wages that Caldwell would have been on a decent amount more than both of them having came from the Premier League and having been one of the yearly January panic buys. I'm not sure that Caldwell would be happy not being in the starting 11 next season. If Duffy has any sanity we won't be playing 4-4-2 next season and i wouldn't say he's shown enough this season that he's good enough to be our first choice striker at a higher level and for the wage he'd likely command.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm guessing in terms of wages that Caldwell would have been on a decent amount more than both of them having came from the Premier League and having been one of the yearly January panic buys. I'm not sure that Caldwell would be happy not being in the starting 11 next season. If Duffy has any sanity we won't be playing 4-4-2 next season and i wouldn't say he's shown enough this season that he's good enough to be our first choice striker at a higher level and for the wage he'd likely command.

Yeah, that's fair enough actually. I do rate Caldwell but if we're generally starting with one up front, it's hard to see him commanding a first team place, and that's apparently what he's after.

EOho8Pw.png

So many Morton fans need to lay off the booze before going to games 😂 he wasn't good enough this year and he won't be good enough next season, the guys work rate and physique has got him this far, he will struggle to find any other full time team again.

So many Morton fans need to lay off the booze before going to games he wasn't good enough this year and he won't be good enough this year, the guys work rate and physique has got him this far, he will struggle to find any other full time team again.

Lay off the booze you say?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Caldwell was great until he was dropped. I can understand why he had no confidence once he started playing again. He was scoring goals and creating them every time he played then he gets dropped. To say he wasn't good enough is ridiculous.

No idea why people are so concerned about losing Caldwell. There are plenty better options out there. I'd have kept him as back-up, but not fussed at all if he's left. He probably wants first-team football and has rejected our contract. Fair enough.

So the 5 guys released were Milojevic, Crighton, J. McLuskey, Caldwell and Aidan Ferris.

Ross Forbes has signed a new deal for next season already, as there was a clause that he would automatically get a new deal if we were promoted.

The only players that we've not made a decision on are Grant Adam and Nicolas Caraux as they've been on holiday. Would expect 1, if not both, to be for the off.

And Duffy confirms in the Tele that he has held talks with Bobby Barr, as well as 4 or 5 others, about signing for next season but we've not agreed anything as yet.

So the 5 guys released were Milojevic, Crighton, J. McLuskey, Caldwell and Aidan Ferris.

Ross Forbes has signed a new deal for next season already, as there was a clause that he would automatically get a new deal if we were promoted.

The only players that we've not made a decision on are Grant Adam and Nicolas Caraux as they've been on holiday. Would expect 1, if not both, to be for the off.

And Duffy confirms in the Tele that he has held talks with Bobby Barr, as well as 4 or 5 others, about signing for next season but we've not agreed anything as yet.

Adam linked with Clyde, apparently.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Also I hope we keep Scullion. I was impressed with him in some of his Autumn-Winter cameos. He was unlucky with getting a few injuries at the wrong time, I think he might have went on to become an important player in the 2nd half of the season had he been readily available.

Any news with regards to Gaston or Russell?

So so far, for next season we have

Kilday (offered)

Lamie (offered)

Pepper

Tidser

Forbes

McKee(offered)

MacDonald

Russell is contracted for next season.

Presume  you can add Stefan McCluskey, Scullion,O'ware and Miller to the offered list as well.

Also I hope we keep Scullion. I was impressed with him in some of his Autumn-Winter cameos. He was unlucky with getting a few injuries at the wrong time, I think he might have went on to become an important player in the 2nd half of the season had he been readily available.

Agreed - he needs to shift a few pounds though.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived