Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was supposed to have been a bit of clash between him and Duffy a few months ago.

He's clearly good enough to be playing in the Championship so I would like to think he's away as there's someone better coming in. Can see him popping up next year against us!

I think at Caldwell will do really well in future and am really sorry we didn't offer him a new contract. He may be a bit headstrong but he is still young and if properly coached and managed will easily make it at Championship level at least.

But as has often been said in the past, it's all about opinions.

Caldwell did not have an attitude problem. He was less than impressed that having been encouraged to sign with the promise of first team football Peaso and Dece then pop up. He then found that regardless of his form and attitude in training he and others were picking skelfs out their erse due to the weather forecast.

Compared to some who we are retaining Caldwell will be a loss. Awful touch and he did lose confidence after being benched but he offered something even if only as a squad player.

For the moment we have gone from Peaso, Dece, Caldwell and Scullion to Peaso and Scullion - not exactly the fittest or most mobile front line. I await with interest the additions to the squad.

Caldwell did not have an attitude problem. He was less than impressed that having been encouraged to sign with the promise of first team football Peaso and Dece then pop up. He then found that regardless of his form and attitude in training he and others were picking skelfs out their erse due to the weather forecast.

Compared to some who we are retaining Caldwell will be a loss. Awful touch and he did lose confidence after being benched but he offered something even if only as a squad player.

For the moment we have gone from Peaso, Dece, Caldwell and Scullion to Peaso and Scullion - not exactly the fittest or most mobile front line. I await with interest the additions to the squad.

You got that from the horse's mouth Walter?

If he wasn't first choice last season, why would he be first choice this season? We should be trying to at least replace McManus' ability which would displace Caldwell again. He clearly wasn't content to sit on the bench (and why would he be?). This seems the logical course of action for both parties.

Caldwell spoke himself about his reputation having been tarnished by an incident at Easter Road when Terry Butcher brought him on as as sub and then subbed him after about 20minutes. Apparently and not surprisingly he refused to shake hands with Butcher when  taken off and pushed past him.

He was clearly not at all chuffed at being subbed on one occasion with us, but I don't mind that at all. It was a sign that he wanted to play.

Good luck to him.

Archived