Thread About Ex Player - Page 427 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Playing or managing? 

Playing - he's on the bench for today's game against Thornton Hibs.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 hours ago, Hands of Cowan said:

McEntee gets his second goal of the match

Good to see him do well. He's a good player and a good boy as well.

• Like 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

John Anderson working at Moorfoot Primary.

https://x.com/MoorfootPr/status/1737469855756865944?s=20

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

It was last week but Kyle Jacobs is one of the players affected by the near-collapse of Edinburgh City. Their senior squad is down to 13 players, many of whom are recent youth promotions. They have just two midfielders and one striker. Aidan McAdams somehow escaped the purge and remains as one of three goalkeepers.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

It was last week but Kyle Jacobs is one of the players affected by the near-collapse of Edinburgh City. Their senior squad is down to 13 players, many of whom are recent youth promotions. They have just two midfielders and one striker. Aidan McAdams somehow escaped the purge and remains as one of three goalkeepers.

Signs for Stenhousemuir. I wonder what the chances are of Edinburgh City failing to complete their fixtures this season?

My Twitter feed seems to be full of lower league clubs signing up all their players.

Would be just typical if their demise was to save Clyde from the Lowland League, but on a positive note, Hamilton dropped points to them earlier in the season, so if results were annulled, it could rein in Falkirk.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Toby said:

Signs for Stenhousemuir. I wonder what the chances are of Edinburgh City failing to complete their fixtures this season?

My Twitter feed seems to be full of lower league clubs signing up all their players.

Would be just typical if their demise was to save Clyde from the Lowland League, but on a positive note, Hamilton dropped points to them earlier in the season, so if results were annulled, it could rein in League 1 minnows Falkirk.

Sorted

• Upvote 2

A bit obscure here....

Former goalkeeper Jim Herriot (1976 - 77) was apparently the inspiration for the name of the Vet, James Herriot, in the All Creatures Great and Small book series. 

The author was a Vet but regulations at the time prevented Vets from advertising,  seems he was watching a football match on TV where Herriot was playing and he chose the name from there. 

Awaiting sarky comments.

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

11 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

A bit obscure here....

Former goalkeeper Jim Herriot (1976 - 77) was apparently the inspiration for the name of the Vet, James Herriot, in the All Creatures Great and Small book series. 

The author was a Vet but regulations at the time prevented Vets from advertising,  seems he was watching a football match on TV where Herriot was playing and he chose the name from there. 

Awaiting sarky comments.

It is true, but I had no idea that Herriot had played for us.  My Mum watched the original series in the 70s and I remember my Dad coming out with this nugget.  Herriot was playing for Birmingham against Man U.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

15 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

It is true, but I had no idea that Herriot had played for us.  My Mum watched the original series in the 70s and I remember my Dad coming out with this nugget.  Herriot was playing for Birmingham against Man U.

He was also known to play with coal dust smeared on his cheek bones to dull the glare from the floodlights.