Thread About Ex Player - Page 151 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

McManus is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. He'll do fine I reckon. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The reality about McManus is probably somewhere in between. I'm not sorry to see him sign for one of our "rivals" (who have finished below us in each of the last 5 seasons) but he's probably better than League 1. A guy that tears up that division the way he did is clearly good enough to operate at a higher level, if not to the same effect. He'll do okay, but I'll not lose any sleep over him going there.

Do we have any other ex-players playing in European competition this season? Barrie McKay I guess. You'd fancy Rangers to get past Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg, but then again these are the Banter Years.

Anyone else?

edit: Robbie Crawford will be in Europe because FH of Iceland enter the Champions League in the Second Qualifying Round, same as Celtic. FH will play the winners of Vikungur (Faroes) and Trepca 89 (Kosovo).

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Do we have any other ex-players playing in European competition this season? Barrie McKay I guess. You'd fancy Rangers to get past Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg, but then again these are the Banter Years.

Anyone else?

edit: Robbie Crawford will be in Europe because FH of Iceland enter the Champions League in the Second Qualifying Round, same as Celtic. FH will play the winners of Vikungur (Faroes) and Trepca 89 (Kosovo).

Jordan Allan for Derry City as well as Kenny Shiels being his manager.

• Upvote 1

Derry play Midtjylland. You'd expect Derry to lose badly. FCM have quite a few good players, most notably Rafael van der Vaart, who although old and often crocked is presumably still a cut above the League of Ireland.

EOho8Pw.png

That puffing, obese mess of a centre-back Chris Smith has been released by Clyde. 'Stardom' in the Ayrshire juniors awaits IMO.

Close but no cigar: signs for Cambuslang Rangers in the I-don't-even-know-what, shan level of the West-Central junior pyramid.

photo-333.png?_r=1418576412

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Close but no cigar: signs for Cambuslang Rangers in the I-don't-even-know-what, shan level of the West-Central junior pyramid.

photo-333.png?_r=1418576412

The "Wee Gers" just won their second consecutive promotion, and thus former Falkirk ace Smith will ply his trade in the second tier of Junior football, alongside such giants as Cumbernauld United and Yoker Athletic. [iNSERT MANAGER NAME HERE] will surely count on Smith's vast league experience at [sUB EDITOR, FIND NAME OF PUBLIC PARK IN CAMBUSLANG] as his 'shock troops' look for a historic rise to the McBookie West Junior Supreme Leader Central West Premier Division (West).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Speaking of shan levels of Football, Billy Stark has been appointed as Manager of East Kilbride.

Edit to add:

gourley-drawing.jpg

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

A few people have said to me that Lindsay has been released by Celtic but can't see anything mentioned online. Anyone heard anything? If so, we must try and sign him.

Haven't seen anything about that. Rodgers likes all the youth players in for the first few weeks of pre-season so he can get a look at them. Would be surprised if Lindsay's just been let go.