Dundee United Vs Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee United Vs Morton

BishopBrennan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT.

Dundee United 1-1 Morton.

On balance of play an appropriate result but what an absolute gutter. To be 30 seconds away from a win and for that to happen. But we rode our luck far too much against a pretty nondescript DU side. Too much respect for them.

EOho8Pw.png

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Feels like a loss when leading for so long. Got what we deserved. Defended with everything but you can't invite that much pressure for so long and not expect to let them in at some point.

Can understand the formation change but we were stuck so deep in our own half after that.

Gutted to concede so late.

That was there for the taking, blew it. We shouldn’t be sitting back against any team in this league, not just because we’re notoriously s*** at it. Really annoyed at that.

Same here, it's his first game so I'm not going to overreact but I hope JJ can use this as a learning experience, because DU were absolutely there for the taking.

EOho8Pw.png

Tbf we defended resolutely all game. Not sure who let the man run off for the shot leading to their goal right enough. Maybe tiffoney.

Denny should have buried the shot when he went 1v1 with the keeper. The kind of shot I'd expect a striker of his quality to bury. Otherwise, he played well and held the ball up superbly. You can see his quality.

Absolute gutter to throw that away

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Same old story unable to hold on👎

Not this pish again. ‘Away team loses lead in the closing stages of a game’ is commonplace at every level of professional football; there’s nothing to suggest that Morton are more likely to do so - or indeed more likely to salvage points in the reverse situation. It’s not a story at all then.

I’d assume the new manager didn’t want to rock the boat with the selection today but surely McHugh will be punted to the bench where he belongs before long. It’s quite obvious that the team would do better with a genuine supporting player near Johnstone instead of a poacher who is a passenger outside the opponents’ penalty box.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tbf we defended resolutely all game. Not sure who let the man run off for the shot leading to their goal right enough. Maybe tiffoney.

Denny should have buried the shot when he went 1v1 with the keeper. The kind of shot I'd expect a striker of his quality to bury. Otherwise, he played well and held the ball up superbly. You can see his quality.

Absolute gutter to throw that away

Wasn’t there today and not having a go, but can you remember some of the sitters he missed in his first spell?

Wasn’t there today and not having a go, but can you remember some of the sitters he missed in his first spell?

Yup. His striking of the ball in those situations was more often than not quite poor, but his all round play and ability to get into those positions was very good.

Disappointing to throw that away but we sat in way too deep and eventually the equaliser came. DU look pretty pish tbh so definetly 2 points dropped today. Again, we lack that wee bit extra in the final 3rd but none the less look very neat and tidy with the ball.

Brilliant to see Rays Revolution at Falkirk is gathering pace 😂

Would we? They’re not exactly formidable at home, wasn’t long ago we coasted to a 3-0 win.

Yes we would. You don’t lose most of your away games, win most of your home games and you’re in the playoff mix at the end of the season. Alloa, Falkirk and of course little Ayr are the only places where we should be demanding a win on the road; Dundee United are clearly beatable but are nowhere near that bracket.

That doesn’t mean that people shouldn’t be pissed off by failing to hold out today - they should - but had the game ended in a 0-0 snoozefest then it would have probably been viewed as a more positive than negative result. It doesn’t affect our league campaign much either way.

Archived