I'll Say It - I Don't Hate St Mirren. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

I'll Say It - I Don't Hate St Mirren.

shaddypeekey

Hi fellow Tontonians. 

I feel in the spirit of clarity and openness that I have to confess: 

I don't actually dislike St Mirren. 

They seem to me to be a club not unlike us, living in the shadow of the terrible two from Glasgow. They have a very similar fan base and demographic to us, people who can see by the Old Scum and support their local team.  I seen numerous mums and kids coming out the away end yesterday, which is good in my opinion. 

Don't get me wrong, for ninety minutes on a derby day I want them to lose, and lose horrendously, and I'd love to shove that wee drummers sticks up his arse, but even that engenders a good atmosphere among their fans. 

I know a few fans of their club an ot a man they are people I'd call friends, just a shame they have an unfortunate choice of team to support!

There. I've said it, I feel cleansed. 

Now, on the other hand, Old Firm fans in general are glory hunting parasitical narrow minded wankers!!!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi fellow Tontonians. 

I feel in the spirit of clarity and openness that I have to confess: 

I don't actually dislike St Mirren. 

They seem to me to be a club not unlike us, living in the shadow of the terrible two from Glasgow. They have a very similar fan base and demographic to us, people who can see by the Old Scum and support their local team.  I seen numerous mums and kids coming out the away end yesterday, which is good in my opinion. 

Don't get me wrong, for ninety minutes on a derby day I want them to lose, and lose horrendously, and I'd love to shove that wee drummers sticks up his arse, but even that engenders a good atmosphere among their fans. 

I know a few fans of their club an ot a man they are people I'd call friends, just a shame they have an unfortunate choice of team to support!

There. I've said it, I feel cleansed. 

Now, on the other hand, Old Firm fans in general are glory hunting parasitical narrow minded wankers!!!

^^^ New year, new me bullshit.

Shite thread, shite opinion.

So you view them just like every other non-Old Firm team who could be described in a similar way?

Have a word.

Proper, heated rivalry is one of the best parts of football. That's why horrible insignificant clubs like Falkirk are trying their damndest to try to convince everyone that they actually have a rivalry with Dunfermline, that someone else gives a shit that they exist and that they are not the complete irrelevance that they are.

While our rivalry has been tempered by our years of failure and exile from them, let the hatred continue.

Dirty, smelly, skunky, junkie, horrible Paisley cunts.

I dislike St Mirren but detest with unhealthy passion both sides of the OF.

This. Except I'd add Falkirk too.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I don't hate St Mirren.  For 90 minutes, yes, and if they lose it raises the spirits, but hate is the wrong word.  They are sporting rivals and I want to see them crushed on the pitch and enjoy the schadenfreude, but hate?  No.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I don't hate St Mirren.  For 90 minutes, yes, and if they lose it raises the spirits, but hate is the wrong word.  They are sporting rivals and I want to see them crushed on the pitch and enjoy the schadenfreude, but hate?  No.

Likewise. And i definitely don't want them winning this league, but hate/detest ? hardly.

Not in the least surprised at the list of haters on the thread. So predictable ☺

Show Racism the Red Card

I dislike St Mirren but detest with unhealthy passion both sides of the OF.

Agreed and add Partick fucking Thistle to that list.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Rangers covered up (with the aid of Morton it has to be said) an attempted assault on Morton supporters via bottle-throwing at Ibrox last year, but why the massive hate for Celtic? For one thing, we turned them over at their own midden, so we should have fond memories. For another, they haven't actually done anything wrong by attracting a large fanbase. They are Scotland's flagship club and help the country punch significantly above its weight at the European level. If you don't care about that stuff that's obviously fine (Morton will probably never play European football again, after all) but to hate them ahead of St. Mirren, a club whose fans have abused a Morton legend for his disability, seems to me a very odd priority.

EOho8Pw.png

Rangers covered up (with the aid of Morton it has to be said) an attempted assault on Morton supporters via bottle-throwing at Ibrox last year, but why the massive hate for Celtic? For one thing, we turned them over at their own midden, so we should have fond memories. For another, they haven't actually done anything wrong by attracting a large fanbase. They are Scotland's flagship club and help the country punch significantly above its weight at the European level. If you don't care about that stuff that's obviously fine (Morton will probably never play European football again, after all) but to hate them ahead of St. Mirren, a club whose fans have abused a Morton legend for his disability, seems to me a very odd priority.

You're kidding I presume?

They and their new-found rivals sing songs glorifying terrorism in a country that isn't even Scotland and would happily leave the SPFL at the drop of a hat.

There's your starter for ten - I could go on. This thread is about perceptions of St. Mirren, however - don't think we or they have ever glorified murder in Ireland.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Obvious troll obvious.

They're a horrible club

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived