TheMortonForum.com

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chesh

Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October

Given our impressive home form and Ayrs recent slump of zero points in their last 3 games and Mark Kerr now at the helm we really should be looking to take all 3 points here.

Ramsbottom

Jacobs (If welsh isn't fit)
Baird

Grant
Strapp

McAlister
Lyon
Colville

Nesbitt
McHugh
King/Salkeld

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

I think King might come in for Salkeld just for rotation’s sake, maybe Rodgers & Millar appearing as well.

I think King might come in for Salkeld just for rotation’s sake, maybe Rodgers & Millar appearing as well.

I'm seeing this a lot from posters on here. I've resisted saying anything up until now (we all do things like this from time to time), but enough's enough. 

It's not as bad as Reece Lyons, though.

I'm seeing this a lot from posters on here. I've resisted saying anything up until now (we all do things like this from time to time), but enough's enough. 

It's not as bad as Reece Lyons, though.

Hopkins

Rodgers

Maclean

Livingston

Lyons

Miller

Mcallister

Nisbet

Any others?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

They seem to have been a bit of a bogey team over the past couple of years. That needs to change.

Aye 7 games without a win against them now.

Jan 2017 was our last win when we scudded them 4-1 on Alba.

Nobody else in the league comes close to 7 games. (it's Queens with 3)

Hopefully put an end to that tomorrow.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

Ayr supporters saying their squad is suffering from injuries and suspensions so bench will be filled with boys.

Well maybe Hopkin has covered it with our spread betting squad. We have about 10 players of whom only 5 will play each week who would not effect the quality of the team on the park. So the standard should be maintained even with injuries and suspensions.

Ayr supporters saying their squad is suffering from injuries and suspensions so bench will be filled with boys.

Never fills me with confidence hearing that.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Going on a winless run of one against Ayr United is unacceptable, never mind seven. They’re long overdue a return to their box and mid-table third tier status.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Going to travel up for this one.  We should really be staying at home and watching Barca's La Liga game in comfort, but the slightly better starting line up on Saturday has persuaded me.  However if Cameron Blues is back in the starting line up I might be tempted to turn round and drive south for the winter.

Someone posted on twitter that we have the longest unbeaten home run in the SPFL (I think, but maybe it was just our division).  Posting that is tempting fate.

Just for once it would be nice to see us storm into an unassailable lead within ten minutes, a la Per Bartram at Parkhead in about 1969.  One day, Rodney...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Going to travel up for this one.  We should really be staying at home and watching Barca's La Liga game in comfort, but the slightly better starting line up on Saturday has persuaded me.  However if Cameron Blues is back in the starting line up I might be tempted to turn round and drive south for the winter.

Someone posted on twitter that we have the longest unbeaten home run in the SPFL (I think, but maybe it was just our division).  Posting that is tempting fate.

Just for once it would be nice to see us storm into an unassailable lead within ten minutes, a la Per Bartram at Parkhead in about 1969.  One day, Rodney...

The whole SPFL in all competitions.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

Are we counting Celtic losing to Cluj? I can’t mind them losing domestically at Parkhead in a while.

We are 8/5 this evening if anyone’s bold enough, not too shabby for a team undefeated at home.

A decent first half performance with us having the better of the chances and the defence looking steady though hardly confident. The only concern I have is that they’re getting about 17,000 set pieces to launch the ball into the box, while we’ve only had one corner and a free kick that Muirhead wasted. Turn that around and it’s probably a comfortable enough lead right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Euan Anderson is an utter dick of a referee. Fuck knows why he didn't book the Ayr player for that challenge on Lyon.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg