2024/25 Squad and Transfers - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2024/25 Squad and Transfers

Was at the sponsors night this evening at Cappielow. Almost a full squad except for O'connor, MacDonald and O'Boy.

Andy Millen left with his son Ross as well. 

I didn't realise big Jack was signed up for next season. Thats him, Mullen, bearne, Wilson, King and Davies definitely here.

Would be delighted to keep strapp, blues, Crawford, Oakley and Muirhead. If millen signs that would be a good addition too.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Millen would be a very average signing. Bog standard Championship right back which is fine but I won't be reading into it too much as of yet. I'd like to see us go after Jamie Brandon if Livingston's financial problems free him up as mentioned before but he's done relatively well in the top flight this season so he may be out of reach.

Reckon we'll see some movement over the next few weeks before the management head off on holiday again.

17 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Anyway, back on topic, I totally understand that we have to live within our means, but we should really push the boat out when it comes to Oakley. I've not checked our win rates with and without him, but I'm pretty sure it will be like comparing night and day.

Our win rate without Oakley (league games) is zero for the season. We beat Elgin and Stranraer in cup games in his absence.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Millen would be a very average signing. Bog standard Championship right back which is fine but I won't be reading into it too much as of yet. I'd like to see us go after Jamie Brandon if Livingston's financial problems free him up as mentioned before but he's done relatively well in the top flight this season so he may be out of reach.

Reckon we'll see some movement over the next few weeks before the management head off on holiday again.

Bit harsh to say he is a bog standard right back considering he played almost every game at the start season for Raith at right back when they barely lost a game. 

Seemed to have a fallout with Ian Murray then was papped out the squad, can also play centre half think we could do a lot worse. 

• Upvote 2

Millen is surely an upgrade on French and can play centre back. I also don't imagine his dad will be accepting of shite performances or getting any favours. 

I wonder what sort of role King will play next season. He can cover various positions but seems he's developed into a CM, maybe league 2 has toughened him up how Imrie would've liked. I think he'd be capable of filling in for Crawford if asked too.

6 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Any evidence to back this up? He was a regular in maths defence up until his fallout with Murray this season.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Any evidence to back this up? He was a regular in maths defence up until his fallout with Murray this season.

Nothing more than a matter of opinion. Possibly harsh wording in my original comment but he'll do a job in the Championship without setting the heather alight, which is fine and better than we currently have in French. 

4 hours ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Bit harsh to say he is a bog standard right back considering he played almost every game at the start season for Raith at right back when they barely lost a game. 

Seemed to have a fallout with Ian Murray then was papped out the squad, can also play centre half think we could do a lot worse. 

Raith's defence at the start of the season was completely bang-average, as we saw ourselves in their 3-2 victory in August. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Did anyone watch the Welsh cup on Sunday to provide an opinion of Davies?

Saw the second half. He didn’t really get much of a sight of goal and most of his work was outside the box but his hold up play was pretty good.

He looked much more physical than I had imagined, I certainly didn’t see him as an Oakley-type striker.

• Upvote 2

Sounds very promising especially if he's in the Oakley mould.  Just hope he's a back up or a partner for Oakley and not a replacement.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

20 minutes ago, Toby said:

Saw the second half. He didn’t really get much of a sight of goal and most of his work was outside the box but his hold up play was pretty good.

He looked much more physical than I had imagined, I certainly didn’t see him as an Oakley-type striker.

I got the impression from an interview I watched that he’s a bit of a character, which is most welcome. 

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Did anyone watch the Welsh cup on Sunday to provide an opinion of Davies?

Watched the whole game, seemed to be mentioned quite often (commentary in Welsh, as you'd expect)

Looked to be playing in midfield/ wings.

Always seemed to be looking for the ball and had hand in the build up to the second goal. Some decent touches to bring others into play.

Players meeting on Monday to discuss contracts, offers etc. Hopefully that means we hear some news in the next week or 2 re who's staying.

Posted (edited)

On Friday night Dougie said he'd got 7 names in his head that he wants to keep, all depends on offers from us/other clubs.

He conceded that of those 7 he may only get 4/5 or, again depending who he's trying to bring in agreeing to come, he may have to sign 10 (figures used as examples only,  other than the 7)

He also added that he wasn't playing games with anyone and they'd be given a time frame in which to either sign up or move on.

Havent seem anything mentionned on here but I saw on twitter that Robbie Crawford would be happy to sign an extension,  posted by the boy Chris Dodds I think.

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

On Friday night Dougie said he'd got 7 names in his head that he wants to keep, all depends on offers from us/other clubs.

He conceded that of those 7 he may only get 4/5 or, again depending who he's trying to bring in agreeing to come, he may have to sign 10 (figures used as examples only,  other than the 7)

He also added that he wasn't playing games with anyone and they'd be given a time frame in which to either sign up or move on.

Havent seem anything mentionned on here but I saw on twitter that Robbie Crawford would be happy to sign an extension,  posted by the boy Jonathan Dodds I think.

It was reported in the Greenock Telegraph

On 5/2/2024 at 5:58 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Havent seem anything mentionned on here but I saw on twitter that Robbie Crawford would be happy to sign an extension,  posted by the boy Chris Dodds I think.

So out of contract: 

Macdonald, O'Connor,  Broaders, Strapp, Waters 

Power, Blues, Crawford, Mcgrattan,

Oakley, Muirhead, Garrity (might have missed someone?)

I'm assuming that the 5/12 not being offered are Macdonald, Broadfoot, Power, Mcgrattan and Waters 

A bit of a clear out right enough

15 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

So out of contract: 

Macdonald, O'Connor,  Broaders, Strapp, Waters 

Power, Blues, Crawford, Mcgrattan,

Oakley, Muirhead, Garrity (might have missed someone?)

I'm assuming that the 5/12 not being offered are Macdonald, Broadfoot, Power, Mcgrattan and Waters 

A bit of a clear out right enough

Gillespie?