Stewards v Arbroath - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Stewards v Arbroath

5 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Someone put a pic on WhatsApp about half an hour ago, they were still east of Langbank and tail lights ahead as far as you could see

Aye, the single file traffic is moving very slowly. Right hand lane shut off for miles, but no sign of works actually having been underway.

I’d love to know who made the decision to not use the empty section of the WDE nearest cowshed, and the section in the main stand. 
Probably lost out on thousands, as Hearts would’ve filled them easily. 

38 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

I’d love to know who made the decision to not use the empty section of the WDE nearest cowshed, and the section in the main stand. 

Would've made more sense to have had the Morton crowd more spread out in the shed as moving around at HT was problematic to say the least.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, Ray Von said:

Pretty standard size segregation blocks these days tbf.

b25lY21zOmQzYWM2MDgzLTM4OGItNGNkNi1iMmFkLWQ1NTBlOTk3MTE2Zjo0ZTA5MzlmZS00ZDQ1LTQ4NTItOGM4Zi1iMzZlZjJmNmM4MDQ=.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

No need for it tbh, not as if we were over to the end of the shed.

Aye  agree that with the corner and the gantry area, there's no need for extra segregation at the WDE. Just not surprised to see it.

Could be that they don't want them close to the edge in case anyone jumps over towards the cowshed like Falkirk lovers did in the past.

Example above from Tynecastle where they block out a section bit also block out the bottom corner for that very reason. 

Edited by Jamie_M

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't criticise individual stewards for this, but it's notable that when there was some Celtic supporting jakey openly smoking a joint and giving out continuous, dreadful patter* about wearing a hair band to some Dundee United player a few weeks ago, eagle-eyed enforcement of The Rules was nowhere to be seen. Given the regular reports of spitting from the other side of the Shed too, company policy seems to be that they will pick and choose their battles - i.e. against those not likely to cause them trouble. 

*Probably the worst offence of the lot

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Wouldn't criticise individual stewards for this, but it's notable that when there was some Celtic supporting jakey openly smoking a joint and giving out continuous, dreadful patter* about wearing a hair band to some Dundee United player a few weeks ago, eagle-eyed enforcement of The Rules was nowhere to be seen. Given the regular reports of spitting from the other side of the Shed too, company policy seems to be that they will pick and choose their battles - i.e. against those not likely to cause them trouble. 

*Probably the worst offence of the lot

I think that spitting is pretty grim, and overall disgusting behaviour.  Who is doing that?

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, Toby said:

There was more of this yesterday, and hardly a coincidence that it comes a couple of days after the General Manager admits to having a tense discussion with the security company.

No point in smiling, waving folk off and wishing them a happy weekend when she’ll be behaving like a little Hitler next week because it’s ingrained in her and she can’t help herself. Just own your behaviour and get a job that you’re more suited to- i.e. one that doesn’t involve working with the general public.

That’s the positives though. The negative was their stupid insistence on giving the visiting Reggiana fans who turned up for the first time in a good while a hard time for putting up a flag that was no more than 2x3ft in size up.

IMG_7527.jpeg

Bureaucracy over common sense as usual. You’d think most football clubs would welcome visitors like them with open arms, yet at Cappielow you’ve got guys on radios making a fuss about the most trivial issues when they should in fact be there to make the experience of going to a football match as pleasant as they can for paying customers.

What was their gripe with the flag?

1 minute ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

What was their gripe with the flag?

So far as I made out, they hadn’t played with the stewards that the message on it wasn’t offensive and asked permission to display it.

You’ll just about make out from my photo that there’s a skull with a couple of crossed swords, and the badges of Reggiana and Morton. Really nothing to get bothered about in the slightest, whlie they were nowhere to be seen as the pyro was getting set off against Hearts the other week (not that I really object to the young team using that).

It was a mountain out of a molehill. I get that it might appear that I’m probably over-egging the significance of this, but I think it’s important that every minor issue is raised on here, so as to provide an easy reference point of all the security company’s failings and wrong-doings.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Toby said:

So far as I made out, they hadn’t played with the stewards that the message on it wasn’t offensive and asked permission to display it.

You’ll just about make out from my photo that there’s a skull with a couple of crossed swords, and the badges of Reggiana and Morton. Really nothing to get bothered about in the slightest, whlie they were nowhere to be seen as the pyro was getting set off against Hearts the other week (not that I really object to the young team using that).

It was a mountain out of a molehill. I get that it might appear that I’m probably over-egging the significance of this, but I think it’s important that every minor issue is raised on here, so as to provide an easy reference point of all the security company’s failings and wrong-doings.

They seem to he happy to deal with non issues, but as we discussed on here a couple of times, they seem to home in on easy targets.

It's almost like they have "to deal with SOMETHING " to justify their existence and the more mundane that something is the better they like it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

They seem to he happy to deal with non issues, but as we discussed on here a couple of times, they seem to home in on easy targets.

It's almost like they have "to deal with SOMETHING " to justify their existence and the more mundane that something is the better they like it. 

Aye, there couldn’t have been enough weans standing at the front of the Sinclair Street end yesterday to keep them busy.

14 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

The ironic thing is, the less they have to do, the better they're doing their job. Weird that they don't seem to see it that way, 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

The ironic thing is, the less they have to do, the better they're doing their job. Weird that they don't seem to see it that way, 

When I was doing the Police Divisional orders for the games at Cappielow there was always a match commanders debrief sheet on which any issues or difficulties were logged at the end of the game.

The aim was to get through each match with a Nothing to Report sign off.

It didn't always work out that way but when it did it was treated as successful outcome.