Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (26th January) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (26th January)

Did i hear Dougie say in his pre match interview that Jai is out for 3/4 weeks?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Did i hear Dougie say in his pre match interview that Jai is out for 3/4 weeks?

To be honest, last two or three times he's came on he looked to me like he was holding back. Barely got by a man and generally looked to just get through games. Clearly still a recurring injury.

This is what happened to him at QP; out more than in. We've been lucky to avoid it up til now

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Quitongo just doesn’t seem to be able to get a clean run of fitness. When he has played this season he’s not seemed anything like his old self either. He doesn’t appear to be moving freely or comfortably, and the acceleration and sprint speed that were his main weapons aren’t on tap as the once were.

A young guy who should be in his peak years. Got to wonder whether he’ll be able to shake the chronic issues and hope it won’t have long term impacts for him beyond his playing days.

I don't think we should get carried away about new signings being potential replacements for Quitongo or anyone else. His injury history is well known and he's inevitably going to have seasons where his fitness breaks down and it's very stop start.

The hope is that with the rest of the squad fit again and loanees back with us rather than the widespread injury crisis we faced earlier in the season, he can take as long as he needs to recover properly with ample cover in his position rather than us desperately needing him back they way it felt in October & November. It's why I'd be wary of too many players leaving on loan, for all that it would benefit their development; we're not too many injuries away from finding ourselves short again. I certainly wouldn't be writing his career off at this point for all that I might be writing off this season.

Anyway looking at today, you'd hope Imrie specifically calling out the team being complacent against Montrose will mean there's no risk of that today despite Arbroath's injury crisis. Importance of keeping pace in the chase for the promotion playoffs aside, despite our recent improvement we could still end up only 3 points off 9th with a defeat today, whereas a win realistically banishes any prospect of 10th.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I believe that Arbroath have 13 players out injured, including the majority of their first-choice starting XI. I also believe that their team today will be scraped together using many players who’ll be out of their usual positions, and the only bench they’ll have available consists of two sub keepers. I can’t think of a better opportunity for us to deliver a ruthless, clinical performance which not only generates three points, but also improves our GD by some margin.

Looking like it was that cunt Stanways tackle that has injured Jai.

45 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

I believe that Arbroath have 13 players out injured, including the majority of their first-choice starting XI. I also believe that their team today will be scraped together using many players who’ll be out of their usual positions, and the only bench they’ll have available consists of two sub keepers. I can’t think of a better opportunity for us to deliver a ruthless, clinical performance which not only generates three points, but also improves our GD by some margin.

Wouldn't want to be over confident against any team in this league. 

42 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

Wouldn't get carried away with this either. 

I recall Allan McGraw asking for games v Dunfermline and Airdrie to be postponed due to our injury situation at the time. As usual the League refused on the basis that we had 11 fit players. 

Ian Mcdonald played despite being injured and, IIRC, we signed John Anderson from the juniors to make up numbers.

Again, IIRC, we got two draws, so nothing is a forgone conclusion,  although, I hope you're right.

48 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Wouldn't get carried away with this either. 

I recall Allan McGraw asking for games v Dunfermline and Airdrie to be postponed due to our injury situation at the time. As usual the League refused on the basis that we had 11 fit players. 

Ian Mcdonald played despite being injured and, IIRC, we signed John Anderson from the juniors to make up numbers.

Again, IIRC, we got two draws, so nothing is a forgone conclusion,  although, I hope you're right.

We were hit really badly that season. Had one of the YTS ground staff playing against Falkirk IIRC.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Stupidity from Jacobs there. 

2 fouls in quick succession.

This is brutal.

Edit - thank f**k for that.

Edited by AyrshireTon

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.