Championship 23/24 - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

45 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

League One minnows Falkirk have taken a sensational lead at the home of plucky play-off runners-up Partick Thistle.

Partick equalise, so Falkirk go up and score again.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Either ICT are going to be poor this season or Airdrie are somewhat better than anticipated.

Edit- Airdrie have chucked away a 2-0 lead.

Edit again - 3-2 Airdrie now.

Edited by AyrshireTon

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 2 weeks later...

No description available.

Gretna with lipstick.

The lack of apostrophes in the club name is a nice touch, too. Probably another part of the modernizing journey of professionalism and not because they're a bunch of morons.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

I think they have really played this. The new stadium capacity is about half their original plan as priced & started in 2020. They've built some very prominent storage/lock up type things in front of the social club for the training gear. I think they've altered the original scheme to create more of a training complex (with @ 800 seats) than a football stadium. (Then pleaded to get back to Hampden after deliberately building it too small).

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

It's still shocking to me that this has been allowed to happen. Would other clubs get away with this so easily, being able to switch grounds mid-season?

Other clubs’ main investors didn’t bung the SFA £2.5 million for purchase Greater Hampden. I agree it shouldn’t happen, but Haughey’s bought their way into this privileged position.

It stinks, but they’ve got Scottish football by the baws, and can do as they please.

• Upvote 1

Queens Park sticking with their 16 year old goalkeeper over Ferrie for their opening league game. Be interesting to see if he's actually that good or if its just hipster QP and their wanky youth project. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Giving him a 2 year deal in the summer to then empty him a few months later. What a wee shame for all involved.

Let's ignore the fact Imrie had a 2 year spell up there...

Nothing is impossible but I think Imrie can be slightly more ambitious than Inverness. I get that they have more resources than us and a recent top flight pedigree but realistically they're not that much bigger than Morton. A club like Dundee or Dunfermline would be a significant step up, on the other hand.

EOho8Pw.png

17 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Nothing is impossible but I think Imrie can be slightly more ambitious than Inverness. I get that they have more resources than us and a recent top flight pedigree but realistically they're not that much bigger than Morton. A club like Dundee or Dunfermline would be a significant step up, on the other hand.

Them having "more resources" is also not a remotely sustainable state of affairs. Their higher spending than ours is entirely based on throwing substantial six figure sums on a bonfire every single season - the Scottish Cup run last year has only enabled them to keep the wolves from the door in paying off some of the debt to directors rather than putting them on a stable footing for years to come. In reality, they have considerably smaller crowds than Morton, are a never ending shambles off the park and unless they fluke promotion before then will likely be in administration within the next 3 or 4 years which will see them sink further.

Even in the hypothetical and dramatic scenario that Imrie is scunnered with consistently working with the lowest budget in the division, this has irreparably damaged his relationship with the board and he is therefore willing to jump at whatever sideways move he can get, going to Inverness would still be a downright stupid thing to do. Even if he's not happy with Morton off the park, that would be frying pan into the fire.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

35 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I wouldn't disagree but he wasn't even in their original list, then comes in as joint favourite out the blue. Of course someone could've just stuck £100 as a hunch, just food for thought.

It's almost as if that's how McBookies lists work and always have. They are wild. 

If I asked for a price for you and stuck a tenner on it, you'd be third favourite before the day is out.

Anyway, it's win win. Dougie stays, or we get Warnock.

We can't lose.