SLO - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SLO

Don't see a lot of talk about the SLO vacancy. Are people keeping quiet in the hope that nobody goes for the job and they are the only candidate 😉? Or do people just see it as a box ticking exercise that could easily be fulfilled by one of the current MCT team and/or are not interested?  

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

35 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Don't see a lot of talk about the SLO vacancy. Are people keeping quiet in the hope that nobody goes for the job and they are the only candidate 😉? Or do people just see it as a box ticking exercise that could easily be fulfilled by one of the current MCT team and/or are not interested?  

Well seeing as the previous one stepped down specifically because he was part of the MCT team, I doubt very much they see that as an option.

A boy I know asked me my thoughts on him applying for it. Reckon he would be ideal for the job but I told him not to go near it given the current circumstances. The worry however is that I suspect there’ll be an element of “job for the boys” when MCT take over, so now might be his only opportunity (I may be wrong of course).

Whether he listens to my words of wisdom or not, I don’t know.

9 hours ago, Toby said:

A boy I know asked me my thoughts on him applying for it. Reckon he would be ideal for the job but I told him not to go near it given the current circumstances. The worry however is that I suspect there’ll be an element of “job for the boys” when MCT take over, so now might be his only opportunity (I may be wrong of course).

Whether he listens to my words of wisdom or not, I don’t know.

Who exactly are "the boys"?

I'm way out of the loop here. Who is likely to actually be in charge when MCT take over (and will they even be able to keep us afloat)?

Questions not necessarily aimed at yourself, Toby.

The whole post-Rae scenario sounds like a leap into the unknown (and don't misunderstand my meaning - the Raes have to go). 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

5 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Who exactly are "the boys"?

I'm way out of the loop here. Who is likely to actually be in charge when MCT take over (and will they even be able to keep us afloat)?

Questions not necessarily aimed at yourself, Toby.

The whole post-Rae scenario sounds like a leap into the unknown (and don't misunderstand my meaning - the Raes have to go). 

I’d think that MCT’s Leadership Team have already got certain folk earmarked for certain positions post takeover, and some of these guys will end up in positions of authority themselves. They could of course justify it by saying that they’ve put plenty of work done in ensuring the takeover goes through, but I’m really concerned that the desire to get a nice wee blazer and tie is what’s preventing them from really challenging Crawford over the stadium ownership issue, and could be what sees them failing to get the best deal possible for them, the fans and Morton.

As I said above, I could be wrong, but I’m a natural cynic and I think the reward of a position and title can make even those with the best of intentions take their eye from what should be the real prize.

I don’t see the point in this position at all at the minute, particularly as stated above, MCT could very likely just bring in their own man. It’s a thankless task at the best of times, never mind with the state the club’s in at the minute.

26 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t see the point in this position at all at the minute, particularly as stated above, MCT could very likely just bring in their own man. It’s a thankless task at the best of times, never mind with the state the club’s in at the minute.

It’s a requirement under the SFA’s licensing criteria. I assume you’re only allowed a certain period of time without one, and that time must be coming to an end now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived