Commercial Activity - Page 77 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity


Jamie_M

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Greacen2000 said:

I’ve been to a couple weddings in there and been in for a coffee a few times when I’ve been out for a walk around ardgowan estate.

It’s a nice venue but not the most convenient/accessible location for most fans.  Would have made more sense to hold it in town then folk wouldn’t need to drive or mess about with buses etc.  

Exactly my point.

Somewhere in Greenock/Gourock/Port town centres would have made sense, but Inverkip is/was taking the piss.  Maybe they wanted to be seen to be holding a meeting but didn't want a big turnout.  Just a thought.

________________

Sittin' and waiting for the inevitable shut out that never comes,
Sittin' and waiting for the inevitable shut out that never f_ckin comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Or, as Buckleys, now have the restaurant it's probably came at no cost.

I was thinking it may have been something to do with cost and that the chartroom would be cheaper than any of the town halls. 

Regardless of where its held surely its a positive step by the club to hold these sort of events and outwith the atypical working day? The feedback I've heard from people who went was nothing but good.

I'm sure if anyone questioning the venue really wanted to go then they could have.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Or, as Buckleys, now have the restaurant it's probably came at no cost.

Perhaps.

31 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I was thinking it may have been something to do with cost and that the chartroom would be cheaper than any of the town halls. 

Regardless of where its held surely its a positive step by the club to hold these sort of events and outwith the atypical working day? The feedback I've heard from people who went was nothing but good.

I'm sure if anyone questioning the venue really wanted to go then they could have.

I'm sure that if cost was the big consideration then there would have been places in Greenock/Gourock/Port that would have matched the real oddball choice of venue on price.  It could also be argued that a choice of venue in Glasgow City Centre would have been more accessable than Inverkip.

You are right, the choice of venue is/was not insurmountable to anyone who really wanted to go there.  Not that I would though.  I'm not all that bothered about it, I just find that a really strange choice of venue for a Morton supporters event.

  • Upvote 1

________________

Sittin' and waiting for the inevitable shut out that never comes,
Sittin' and waiting for the inevitable shut out that never f_ckin comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Perhaps.

I'm sure that if cost was the big consideration then there would have been places in Greenock/Gourock/Port that would have matched the real oddball choice of venue on price.  It could also be argued that a choice of venue in Glasgow City Centre would have been more accessable than Inverkip.

You are right, the choice of venue is/was not insurmountable to anyone who really wanted to go there.  Not that I would though.  I'm not all that bothered about it, I just find that a really strange choice of venue for a Morton supporters event.

It's a fair point and highlights the real lack of a space in or around Cappielow that could hold an event like it.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

It's a fair point and highlights the real lack of a space in or around Cappielow that could hold an event like it.

The hospitality suites under the Main Stand could probably host c.150-200 people in theatre style seating, which would be ideal space for such meetings.

________________

Sittin' and waiting for the inevitable shut out that never comes,
Sittin' and waiting for the inevitable shut out that never f_ckin comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Pre-orders open for the Matchwinner kits via a shopify link on the club website.

Oddly, it currently shows as a blanket £48 for kids and adult sizes alike. No money will be taken until they actually have them in stock, so I’d guess they may amend the kids pricing.

https://morton-shop.com/

P.S. They’re talking pish - the money has gone straight out of my account 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

P.S. They’re talking pish - the money has gone straight out of my account 😆

I've just pre-ordered the tartan top and there's a charge for 82p then a refund for 82p lol so looks like they've tried to fix it.

here today, gone to hell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...