Commercial Activity - Page 60 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity


Jamie_M
 Share

Recommended Posts

Strip arrived today from smiths and I ended up getting the turquoise polo too. Really don’t like the back of it but imagine the player one will look better with a name and number in between the sponsors. 

77AC9CCA-255C-4B5F-A738-42BE85A08203.jpeg

88EE26EC-D121-4B09-A640-20BBBDF8C524.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The back of the strip looks a much lighter blue than the hoops on the front.  Looks more like a Rangers shade of blue than our royal blue..  The sponsors on the rear look pretty horrific too.  is that another sponsor on the left sleeve too?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The back of the strip looks a much lighter blue than the hoops on the front.  Looks more like a Rangers shade of blue than our royal blue..  The sponsors on the rear look pretty horrific too.  is that another sponsor on the left sleeve too?

Aye, can't say I find it particularly appealing. Charging the same for a standard off-the-shelf number as for the custom-designed ones of the last few seasons seems a bit shoddy too, although that's the way these things go these days.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The back of the strip looks a much lighter blue than the hoops on the front.  Looks more like a Rangers shade of blue than our royal blue..  The sponsors on the rear look pretty horrific too.  is that another sponsor on the left sleeve too?

Yeah arc on the sleeve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Doddie said:

Strip arrived today from smiths and I ended up getting the turquoise polo too. Really don’t like the back of it but imagine the player one will look better with a name and number in between the sponsors. 

77AC9CCA-255C-4B5F-A738-42BE85A08203.jpeg

88EE26EC-D121-4B09-A640-20BBBDF8C524.jpeg

Passed Smiths today on the way to get a haircut before going on holiday on Sunday. Thought to myself if I like the top in the window I'll maybe go buy it but no sign of the new one...

Edit to add. Probably wouldn't have bought it. Just looks like a top you'd see in the Sunday league there. 

Edited by irnbru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Passed Smiths today on the way to get a haircut before going on holiday on Sunday. Thought to myself if I like the top in the window I'll maybe go buy it but no sign of the new one...

Edit to add. Probably wouldn't have bought it. Just looks like a top you'd see in the Sunday league there. 

They have it on display inside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Doddie said:

Strip arrived today from smiths and I ended up getting the turquoise polo too. Really don’t like the back of it but imagine the player one will look better with a name and number in between the sponsors. 

77AC9CCA-255C-4B5F-A738-42BE85A08203.jpeg

88EE26EC-D121-4B09-A640-20BBBDF8C524.jpeg

I do really like it from the front but the back is a bit grim. Will look better with a name and number in there.

Presumably we’ll go with white numbers and lettering. Was a real shame they didn’t get the gold sets for the Cup Centenary jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They have it on display inside.

Aye, the point is its not very good for passing trade and impulse buys. I assumed it wasn't out yet and I'd be surprised if many people just go in there for a browse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Aye, the point is its not very good for passing trade and impulse buys. I assumed it wasn't out yet and I'd be surprised if many people just go in there for a browse. 

I'm sure their displays will be set up ahead of tomorrow. I would hope so anyway.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The back of that is absolutely honking. Front looks great to me but the back is a dealbreaker. Looks like that Half Pounders monstrosity of a few years ago.

The TFG Shirts from c.2001-3 season were superb quality and looked good too.  imho they were the best Morton shirts of the recent era.

SACK THE BOARD!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised that nobody is having a major hissy-fit on here that the shirt isn't blue & white hoops.

Personally i am glad that we've moved away from a shirt design being chosen from a kids colouring competition.  

SACK THE BOARD!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of agree with that, but the outcomes from the competitions were decent. Made the trip to Smiths this morning to renew the season ticket & saw the actual shirt for the first time. First reaction- god no! It'll be the first one I havent bought since the last vertical stripes one @ 15 years back. I haven't seen a morton shirt that shade since the Weatherston testimonial shirts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have known better than to think that I could just quickly pop onto the website this morning and renew my season ticket. I'm now remembering why I ended up paying by direct debit last year - because it was the quickest and easiest way to do it. Issues with authentication check not connecting this time. It does very much feel like any problem resolved with the website just throws up a new problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2022 at 11:21 AM, SpoonTon said:

I should have known better than to think that I could just quickly pop onto the website this morning and renew my season ticket. I'm now remembering why I ended up paying by direct debit last year - because it was the quickest and easiest way to do it. Issues with authentication check not connecting this time. It does very much feel like any problem resolved with the website just throws up a new problem. 

I am in a similar position this evening. I have tried to purchase using three different cards, all of which give slightly different error messages ('gmfctickets couldn't connect' or '3DS authentication not available'. 

The whole website is a shambles to be honest - having to click through a million options to select a 'seat' when you want to stand in the shed, being asked to load a 'seat selector' which never seems to appear on my machine. Generally it feels like a ballache to buy a ticket. I have used the contact us feature to flag my issues but can't say I'm confident it will get fixed. From memory I tried to buy a season ticket last year on the website a couple of days before the first game and basically gave up because, you know, not everyone lives within 15 minutes of Smiths...

Edited by dive!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought my season ticket (concession, Cowshed) online, and it was a fairly straightforward procedure once I had worked out which of my accounts was the latest one (different emails addresses) & also realised that my GMFC TV account was yet another email address.  Anyway the whole process, which was a renewal of last year's car rather than a brand new card, was perfectly straightforward.  However I would have expected to get an email confirmation for the club, but nothing has come through - unless it's done manually and takes a while, there will be the nagging doubt that my card won't work when I reach the turnstiles.  I'd also like to have received confirmation that last season's code for access to the stream is unchanged for the new season, but nothing about that so far.  Overall, buying/renewing a season ticket seems to be possible but the whole process is lacking a bit of feedback to confirm that everything is running smoothly.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Alibi said:

there will be the nagging doubt that my card won't work when I reach the turnstiles.  

Doesn't really matter when the turnstiles are goosed most weeks and you just have to wave your card, or a Tesco Clubcard, to have the stewards press the button to let you in.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I bought my season ticket (concession, Cowshed) online, and it was a fairly straightforward procedure once I had worked out which of my accounts was the latest one (different emails addresses) & also realised that my GMFC TV account was yet another email address.  Anyway the whole process, which was a renewal of last year's car rather than a brand new card, was perfectly straightforward.  However I would have expected to get an email confirmation for the club, but nothing has come through - unless it's done manually and takes a while, there will be the nagging doubt that my card won't work when I reach the turnstiles.  I'd also like to have received confirmation that last season's code for access to the stream is unchanged for the new season, but nothing about that so far.  Overall, buying/renewing a season ticket seems to be possible but the whole process is lacking a bit of feedback to confirm that everything is running smoothly.

I had that worry about my season card after signing up for the direct debit last season. It's not the most reassuring system ever - especially with the direct debit where things have to be matched up manually. I did get an email on the week leading up to the first game of the season, when I assume this matching up was done (which was good work on their part considering I had used my email address that I use for MCT and not for gmfctickets). Overall, though, it's usually fine and not worth the worry - despite the lack of confirmation emails, etc.

I still can't get my payment to go through this year though. Seems to be quite a few people having an issue with the verification page. I'm not worrying too much because I can get the MCT price any time, but it's not great for those trying to get the early bird price. I'm certainly not alone in having this issue. The club either need to get this sorted today or extend the early bird window imo. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, irnbru said:

Everything going via the new commercial manager seems to be leaving us with a bit of a bottle neck.

While it's good to see the club looking at ways of bringing in money, I'd imagine this isn't a big earner and would hope he's not doing too much admin - this is the time of year clubs need to be be getting pitch side sponsors, etc sold. 

Spot on, irnbru.

I e-mailed Mark last Wednesday to ask about shipping to Canada, and I'm still waiting on a reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...