Commercial Activity - Page 94 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

25 minutes ago, Toby said:

The smarmy tone of the guy who pulled it up on Twitter’s annoying me far more.

Aye, no need to be a dick about it like that. Hasn't stopped me eyeing up some of the new merch.

They are going for a blue and gold theme. Would have been interesting to see them go blue and gold as a kit but the away kit confirmed as option 4 (with the new badge inverted due to the kit being yellow).

Screenshot_20231002_140310_Chrome.jpg

On 10/2/2023 at 2:22 PM, Toby said:

Aye, but when someone’s the first to spot something they have to make it known how clever they are.

I’ll be like a kid in a sweetie shop. I’m a total mug for a pin badge so I’ll be getting them, and no reason not to get a couple of new key rings a tankard and a whiskey glass, even though I don’t drink spirits.

I’m going over to Seville for the game next week so the shorts should hopefully do a sufficient job of pissing off the “no club colours on tour” element of the Scotland support.

Not bought a lot of basic merch in a while but some appealing stuff on there definitely dragging me in.

Edited by Jamie_M

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I’m going over to Seville for the game next week so the shorts should hopefully do a sufficient job of pissing off the “no club colours on tour” element of the Scotland support.

I was toying with the idea of trying to get a ticket for that game as I'll be in Malaga for a week and the Spain game is the night before we fly home, but it's quite a long trip to Seville so will just be watching in a suitable bar.  I'm assuming most will be showing the game live...

Definitely a huge improvement in the merch available from Morton compared to a year ago.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye, but when someone’s the first to spot something they have to make it known how clever they are.

I’ll be like a kid in a sweetie shop. I’m a total mug for a pin badge so I’ll be getting them, and no reason not to get a couple of new key rings a tankard and a whiskey glass, even though I don’t drink spirits.

Our very own 9SBC for example.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

On 10/2/2023 at 2:13 PM, Jamie_M said:

Aye, no need to be a dick about it like that. Hasn't stopped me eyeing up some of the new merch.

They are going for a blue and gold theme. Would have been interesting to see them go blue and gold as a kit but the away kit confirmed as option 4 (with the new badge inverted due to the kit being yellow).

Screenshot_20231002_140310_Chrome.jpg

Those collars are inevitably shite when you see the final product.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Popped into Smiths for a nosey and noticed that all the 150th anniversary merch is in store already. Every single item has been produced with the dot missing after the C in the FC on the crest. I pointed it out to the woman working there who I can only say looked stunned.

This is the one thing we did'nt want to happen.

EOho8Pw.png

If its got to the point where the products have already been made then that's a pretty monumental fuck up on someone's part. 

Just one normal day of Morton, please. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Probably be better to just have FC without any dots, but having a single dot is just semi-literate. On a par with football pundit speech like I done, I have went.  Could be a very expensive mistake.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

It’s just annoying we can’t seem to get these little things right. Feels like a step back to the Morton of old when things were extremely amateur. 

Can’t say I’m overly fussed by much of the merch either, will undoubtedly end up with a mug or a towel at Christmas though. All feels a bit thrown together.

• Upvote 1