Ayr v Morton - Saturday 3rd August - Match Thread - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ayr v Morton - Saturday 3rd August - Match Thread

Chesh

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeper has to be replaced ASAP. Don’t have a chance if you’re gifting a couple of goals a game, which he does.

Van S**** another that really shouldn’t be anywhere near the Morton team.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

We were a bit unlucky not to score 3 today, but we probably deserved to concede about 8. We were about as bad as you get at this level at the back. McLean and Von Schaik look like they should be playing Junior football. We didn't have a left back today. We already know that Tumilty isn't great.

Our signing policy looks really worrying at this stage. We clearly don't have a very good budget, but we've made some really odd signings as well.

We were a bit unlucky not to score 3 today

lol wut

That flapping mess Doohan had literally nothing to do until after the second Ayr goal in that game; whatever consolation efforts could have gone in is totally irrelevant to the outcome of that match. Our attacking game plan failed, in large part I think because the midfield couldn’t support Sutton and Nesbitt because they were too busy anticipating the next, fucking obvious clownshoes error incoming from that abysmal backline.

When our Plan A doesn’t work there’s nowhere near enough quality in that team to compete at this level. That’s been my consistent issue and needs to be urgently addressed.

Given the manager’s misuse of Millar and Lyon in favour of his apparent lovechild ‘Cameron’ ‘Blues’ I’m not convinced that the club should be going over the top to support him though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Awful performance. If we somehow equalised it would have been totally undeserved.

Ramsbottom can get so far to f**k away from this team. He’s costing us goals and must be one of the worst keepers I’ve seen at this level.

We had no desire to get the ball down and play football today, and I really hope this isn’t the plan for the season ahead. van shaik, who is a bomb scare, had multiple opportunities to take the ball off the keeper at the back and try and pass the ball, but no, every time we’d try and lump it up to Sutton up front for a flick on. It’s just f***ing pathetic and supporters deserve better than that.

Taking Nesbitt off if he’s fit is ridiculous, McAlister is a shadow of his former self and Jacobs just isn’t a very good footballer. Lyon should have started and wtf was Muirhead doing at left back? What I’d give to have Forbes and murdoch back in the middle of the park...

Fun times ahead

lol wut

That flapping mess Doohan had literally nothing to do until after the second Ayr goal in that game; whatever consolation efforts could have gone in is totally irrelevant to the outcome of that match.

We scored two and came close on a few other occasions. We had one cleared right off the line at 1-0, Sutton dragged one past from a very similar situation in which Cadden scored, Muirhead had a header deflected just wide, we had a low cross go back towards the 'keeper (when it really could have gone anywhere). Ayr weren't making it particularly difficult for us to score in that second half.

And my point was clearly that despite the fact we came very close to scoring 3 goals, at no point did we actually look like we were anywhere near Ayr. We seemed very fortunate to finish only 2 goals behind.

We paid money for Big Van Shaik :lol:

That's up there with the goalkeeper coach/recruitment scout (here on a 3-year contract) picking out Ramsbottom as his first recommendation and goalkeeper he wanted to work with. 

This is worrying. 

That's up there with the goalkeeper coach/recruitment scout (here on a 3-year contract) picking out Ramsbottom as his first recommendation and goalkeeper he wanted to work with. 

This is worrying. 

He had a right go at Ramsbottom before the pens last week, which is odd thing to do before pen shootout

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Don’t know where to start. When I seen we had 3 centre halves starting I thought 352 with muirhead and Sutton the 2. How wrong was I

To change to a back 4 then bring blues on ahead of midge and Lyon. Baffling

What a joke that turned out to be.

Muirhead at left back? No Lyons? No Millar? McAlister somehow still getting a game by being shoe horned in here, there and everywhere. Cameron Blues somehow in that team ahead of Lyons and Millar, he was hiding the whole game. Pass marks for Cadden.

Looking forward to seeing Hopkins comments on that fucking monstrosity today but defenders and a goalkeeper at absolute priorities.

We scored two and came close on a few other occasions. We had one cleared right off the line at 1-0, Sutton dragged one past from a very similar situation in which Cadden scored, Muirhead had a header deflected just wide, we had a low cross go back towards the 'keeper (when it really could have gone anywhere). Ayr weren't making it particularly difficult for us to score in that second half.

And my point was clearly that despite the fact we came very close to scoring 3 goals, at no point did we actually look like we were anywhere near Ayr. We seemed very fortunate to finish only 2 goals behind.

We came close on precisely zero occasions when the game was still a contest; whatever they let us do after the game was in the bag is totally fucking irrelevant.

When Ayr went 2-0 up we were yet to record a credible shot on target.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived