Why do you hate Falkirk? - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

Whatever happened to Ed de Ball?

I see your Ed de Ball and raise you Newton....

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

They are 1-0 down to Civil Service Strollers at HT tonight.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

7 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

I see your Ed de Ball and raise you Newton....

I think Newton is still alive and kicking in Oz. Don’t know if he’s still on here in some shaper or form.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

7 hours ago, LargsTON said:

He must be some age by now.  

He was in my class at school. He’ll be 71 in September.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

6 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Was he a bawbag then as well?

I thought he was an old man when he was slithering around on the original sites.  Crikey he'd have been considerably younger at that point than I am now.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Was he a bawbag then as well?

No, far from it.  During the 63-64 season Iain & I used to kick a tennis ball around in the grounds of the original Greenock Academy after school most days. usually ending in us being chased out the premises by Gus Bell, the jannie.  Iain was a goalie, and had hair the colour of Irn Bru, so that might explain a lot - imagine the effect of many years of the Australian sun on a ginger.  He emigrated to Oz some time in the mid 60s, and since then I've only ever seen him once, about 17 years ago, but I get the odd email very occasionally.  I think his persona on here was probably a wind up.  Probably egged on by Ernie Newall who was a regular irritant in the early days of this forum.  But Iain was actually an OK guy.

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

No, far from it.  During the 63-64 season Iain & I used to kick a tennis ball around in the grounds of the original Greenock Academy after school most days. usually ending in us being chased out the premises by Gus Bell, the jannie.  Iain was a goalie, and had hair the colour of Irn Bru, so that might explain a lot - imagine the effect of many years of the Australian sun on a ginger.  He emigrated to Oz some time in the mid 60s, and since then I've only ever seen him once, about 17 years ago, but I get the odd email very occasionally.  I think his persona on here was probably a wind up.  Probably egged on by Ernie Newall who was a regular irritant in the early days of this forum.  But Iain was actually an OK guy.

So what you're actually saying is that a man in his 60s was spending his time on this fan site just winding people up? Sorry, that sounds like he's just a wrinkly, sad old cunt. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

All this reminiscing and no mention of Mortonjag?

Out of respect for the dead

31 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

So what you're actually saying is that a man in his 60s was spending his time on this fan site just winding people up? Sorry, that sounds like he's just a wrinkly, sad old cunt. 

Is he dead?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

10 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Is he dead?

No, Newton is still alive, or was a few weeks ago.

Mortonjag is Ernie Newall IIRC. No idea if he’s still around. He was a doctor I think, hence the name.

14 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

How dare you describe my modus operandi are requiring wrinkles.

NewTon was fine until he was groomed by Harold Shipman.

On 6/29/2023 at 9:02 PM, Cet Homme Charmant said:

On 6/29/2023 at 9:33 PM, Mr.Blue said:

Is he dead?

Is old Urnie in an Urn? :huh:

*insert signature here*