Whacking Day Part II - Grangemouth Edition - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Whacking Day Part II - Grangemouth Edition

BishopBrennan

You say that, but our record under Johansson so far is indisputably relegation form. Unless he somehow shows some indication of doing better in the next couple of weeks, why should he be trusted with a rebuild?

Because he will have been promised that when he took the job. Whether you agree or not, he is going to get a chance to bring in his own players in Jan & if we are still absolutely gubbins, he can go at the end of the season. No point sacking him until then IMO

The ‘Wake s***e’ will be resuming as soon as we’ve emptied this useless clown from the dugout. After all he was a better candidate for the job in the first place, and better than Gary Caldwell who people were fawning over before stinking the place out at Partick.

Eventually the majority of the fanbase will accept that they got it wrong and we’ll have the only manager that this once-proud club deserves.

Was listening to Caldwell on that Simon Ferry interview recently & thought he talks a good game anyway & came across well. I actually reckon Thistle will pick up after Jan

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘Talking a good game’ has absolutely nothing to do with competent football management; something that both Partick and ourselves are learning the hard way with disastrous picks who bullshitted their way through an interview.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Because he will have been promised that when he took the job.

I doubt very much, 4 league games in with a largely newly built squad, he was promised anything of the sort.

If he sat in the interview at that stage and said the only way he would get a tune out of the team is after he rips it up in January, he would have got nowhere near the job.

What seems more likely is he talked a good game, duped them into thinking he could organise and motivate the team which demonstrably he cannot.

He's also deluding himself if he thinks as claimed in the post-match comments that the defensive shape was any good on Saturday. There was next to no closing down of Falkirk players on the ball and they were able to swing crosses into the box almost at will. The main reason why we kept a clean sheet is that they are absolutely terrible - a better team would have carved us open as usual.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Their highlights are usually around eight minutes or so - this short but padded effort speaks volumes about the game.

Paton ought to have scored that header for them.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wasn't there on Saturday but not surprised by any of the comments about how we played. Very predictable and toothless up front. 

Wanted JJ to work, but since he's come in I've just about lost all interest at the moment. Missed more games in the past 3 months than I have in the past 10 years. 

“A false position” :lol: :lol:

Aye, cliched sh*te. If that Falkirk team is in a false position, who actually should be bottom of the league? Two of the other clubs round about there in Alloa and Dunfermline have absolutely bodied us in recent weeks, so who other than Partick should be down there? Us?

If anyone in this league is a gimme, it should be Falkirk. There’s an excuse for going there and failing to win, but not for going there with no intention of winning the game and not getting a shot on target until the last few minutes of the game.

Any credible manager would be sending their team out to absolutely hound that rabble on their own horrible bin and be furious at achieving anything less than that. I wonder what senior players are thinking about this utter garbage after what King Snake did a few months ago. 

Why must we always be managed by subservient, boot-licking, ****ing losers who seem to think that merely sharing a division with the dross at this level is some sort of great achievement for this once-proud football club? 

“A false position” :lol: :lol:

Pleased and not disappointed were bad enough then he came out with that belter.

Is this a different Falkirk from the one that hasn't won at home all season and has been getting turfed out of cups by Stenny and the Nomads?

And talking up that rabble, surely he understands that's the last thing any Morton fan wants to hear this season?

Why must we always be managed by subservient, boot-licking, ****ing losers who seem to think that merely sharing a division with the dross at this level is some sort of great achievement for this once-proud football club?

The majority of the teams, like us, stuck with the glass ceiling of treading water in this league should be utterly embarrassed with themselves for this very point.

Looking at Livi last year and Ayr this year not buying into that attitude and going at it with a smash everyone mentality and how it's worked out for them.

Fucking Livi maintaining that in the league above and still blasting their way upwards.

No fan should be happy to accept the tough wee loser attitude any longer and the fact Johansson has carried that on 8s another reason why he should do one.

You just know that if you were to put those points about Livingston and little Ayr to the likes of Johansson and Hawke they would turn round and mutter about unbelievable, admirable achievements while furiously arguing it's unrealistic to think Morton could possibly be capable of it.

There's definite shades of Allan McGraw's playing down the size of Morton that AyrshireTon points out in Johansson's constant reiteration that we should somehow be ecstatic with drawing 0-0 with that rabble.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

You just know that if you were to put those points about Livingston and little Ayr to the likes of Johansson and Hawke they would turn round and mutter about unbelievable, admirable achievements while furiously arguing it's unrealistic to think Morton could possibly be capable of it.

There's definite shades of Allan McGraw's playing down the size of Morton that AyrshireTon points out in Johansson's constant reiteration that we should somehow be ecstatic with drawing 0-0 with that rabble.

“A false position” was the exact phrase used by McGraw to excuse us not being able to beat Forfar.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Telfer saying they were solely focused on football and McKinnon wasn't a motivating factor for the match.

Well maybe it should have been seeing as the team weren't motivated enough to even muster a meaningful chance at goal until the 85th minute during a complete nothing of a performance.

https://gmfc.net/2018/12/18/telfer-falkirk-draw-was-a-point-gained/

Archived