Whacking Day Part II - Grangemouth Edition - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Whacking Day Part II - Grangemouth Edition

BishopBrennan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s getting judged and is being found wanting right now. If he wanted a free pass to the transfer window then he shouldn’t have overseen a parade of crap results over the last few months.

If we want a manager who will reliably get what the team needs in the transfer window then we should appoint Rowan Alexander. If we want something more than that then a new manager is required regardless.

TTGJ offers a solution to literally none of our club’s problems. It’s time to cut our losses.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He’s getting judged and is being found wanting right now. If he wanted a free pass to the transfer window then he shouldn’t have overseen a parade of crap results over the last few months.

If we want a manager who will reliably get what the team needs in the transfer window then we should appoint Rowan Alexander. If we want something more than that then a new manager is required regardless.

TTGJ offers a solution to literally none of our club’s problems. It’s time to cut our losses.

Too expensive to cut losses i suspect

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Good to see no overreaction.

The majority of those reacting, have done so with each passing week rather than an over reaction to today. Maybe a few extra converts.

Like most, was pleased with the appointment as something different and you can't help but want to like the guy.

But he has shown nothing. Nothing to suggest he has what it takes.

Too expensive to cut losses i suspect

If you’re going to pay him off anyway then you should do it before he brings in his own (probably dung) players as well. The cost of getting rid of the manager is sunk already so shouldn’t affect our decision-making right now.

Iron Man should go for handing a complete managerial novice an 18 month deal though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We’re not going up or down anyway so we may as well let him hang about to see what he does in January. If we’re still producing these one-paced, boring performances after that then get rid of him at the end of the season.

You say that, but our record under Johansson so far is indisputably relegation form. Unless he somehow shows some indication of doing better in the next couple of weeks, why should he be trusted with a rebuild?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If you’re going to pay him off anyway then you should do it before he brings in his own (probably dung) players as well.

Don't know about this. If Morelos is anything to go by then he certainly has an eye for a bargain. I am more confident of his ability to sign good players than to actually manage them.

Don't know about this. If Morelos is anything to go by then he certainly has an eye for a bargain. I am more confident of his ability to sign good players than to actually manage them.

Yes, pointing out the centre forward who scored 30 goals in 40 games is definitely the act of a man uncovering a hidden gem as opposed to picking up on a blatantly obvious 'oh, this boy has scored a few goals lads' choice.

It's hardly something to criticise for, but at the same time 'discovering' the best player in the Finnish top flight for the second biggest club in Scotland to pay a million pounds for is hardly an indication that he's going to pluck Scandinavian gems out of thin air to waltz into the Morton team in January.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yes, pointing out the centre forward who scored 30 goals in 40 games is definitely the act of a man uncovering a hidden gem as opposed to picking up on a blatantly obvious 'oh, this boy has scored a few goals lads' choice.

It's hardly something to criticise for, but at the same time 'discovering' the best player in the Finnish top flight for the second biggest club in Scotland to pay a million pounds for is hardly an indication that he's going to pluck Scandinavian gems out of thin air to waltz into the Morton team in January.

Why didn't every team put a bid in for him then?

Poor performance, JJ said he has ideas for players in January and I expect he will be judged on the 3 or 4 he gets in (there will definitely be players in and out regardless of what anyone else says).

Shame that he didn’t have any ‘ideas’ to break down an absolute rabble of a Falkirk side, nor to not get sworded by Alloa at home, nor to avoid shipping five goals apiece to the top two clubs in the division. A bit of an oversight there as a manager IMO.

Either that or his crap ‘ideas’ on the park are a likely indication of his ability in the transfer market. And on the basis of today’s utterly brutal showing, even the four signings you’re clinging onto will get us nowhere near the playoffs with this clown in the dugout.

If Johanssen can't make a semi-coherent unit out of these players, he's a dud plain and simple. Every player is notably worse individually because there's no team, it's a ruderless ship.

No point letting him do serious business in January or else the next guy gets landed with "not his players", since apparently managers can't inherit a squad and show any signs of competence.

AWMSC

Archived