Morton v Little Ayr - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Little Ayr

Toby

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The midfield 3 of Miller, McAllister and Tids isn't working, there's no width and nothing up top for them to play balls too. When they get the ball they hold onto it or play tippy tappy between them it's making our build up play sooo slow and letting the opposition setup their defensive shape. The centre half's are brutal compared to what we had last year too. Johansen has inherited this situation and clearly doesn't know how to fix it at the moment, will he get funds to change personnel in Jan especially given the midfield 3 are probably the bigger earners at the club? It's a mess.

Shut up ya fanny.

Nah I'm sure most people have had enough of the creepy name dropping on here. You're an absolute wrong un and it's past time the mods emptied you.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Awful last 20 minutes. Thought we played well at times but the penalty was the turning point. From then on Ayr took control and fucked us good and proper.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Awful last 20 minutes. Thought we played well at times but the penalty was the turning point. From then on Ayr took control and ****ed us good and proper.

We were slow and ponderous 1st half lucky to be level, had a great opportunity to go 2-1 up bit fluffed it. The 2 enforced subs meant we went 433 and for 10 mins it looked more energetic and promising but it left us more exposed in the final 3rd, Lyon was puffing, the defense was crumbling and Ayr put us to the sword. Mistakes on and off the pitch and no easy solution with the personnel available.

Nah I'm sure most people have had enough of the creepy name dropping on here. You're an absolute wrong un and it's past time the mods emptied you.

I don't remember you complaining when your mates named Clydeview or Ed De Ball.  :1eye:

Run along and dry your eyes.  :crying:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The midfield 3 of Miller, McAllister and Tids isn't working, there's no width and nothing up top for them to play balls too. When they get the ball they hold onto it or play tippy tappy between them it's making our build up play sooo slow and letting the opposition setup their defensive shape. The centre half's are brutal compared to what we had last year too. Johansen has inherited this situation and clearly doesn't know how to fix it at the moment, will he get funds to change personnel in Jan especially given the midfield 3 are probably the bigger earners at the club? It's a mess.

The lack of a forward for the midfielders to play off is down to Johnstone being out; when he comes back that issue is gone. The rest of our forwards in the squad are totally ineffective as centre forwards without exception - a legacy of Duffy and in the case of the complete ringer signed from Inverness the snake as well. But Johnstone being out doesn’t in any way mitigate for losing five goals to that utter rabble.

The weekly tombola that chooses which four mediocre players will fill the wide areas this week is an issue that can be solved by switching to a 3-5-2. The centre of defence can also be strengthened with the same move and a different attacking option given to the central midfielders in support of Johnstone. It’s the best fit for the squad at the manager’s disposal and the onus is now on him to come around to that solution soon.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Absolutely brutal last 20 mins. Prior to that if the pen is stuck away the game is over, really poor from Tidser and I will forever never understand why professional footballers go low when hitting penalties.

Kilday struggled majorly today. He’s not strong, and he’s not good with the ball at his feet either. Waddell has to come in alongside Buchanan next week.

Tiffoney can do one. Nowhere near enough commitment or ability to be starting games for us. Doesn’t track back, leaves us badly exposed and when he has the ball he does absolutely nothing.

Oliver tried. But for me he should be busier pressing the opposition and showing for the ball.

Final note, the actual size of Lawrence Shanklands heed 😂😂😂

The lack of a forward for the midfielders to play off is down to Johnstone being out; when he comes back that issue is gone. The rest of our forwards in the squad are totally ineffective as centre forwards without exception - a legacy of Duffy and in the case of the complete ringer signed from Inverness the snake as well. But Johnstone being out doesn’t in any way mitigate for losing five goals to that utter rabble.

The weekly tombola that chooses which four mediocre players will fill the wide areas this week is an issue that can be solved by switching to a 3-5-2. The centre of defence can also be strengthened with the same move and a different attacking option given to the central midfielders in support of Johnstone. It’s the best fit for the squad at the manager’s disposal and the onus is now on him to come around to that solution soon.

We can't rely on one man as the out ball. Johnstone played against Thistle and we had the same problem he needs support, MacLean could do it but Tiffoney is a whelp if you sneezed on him he'll collapse.

Absolutely brutal last 20 mins. Prior to that if the pen is stuck away the game is over, really poor from Tidser and I will forever never understand why professional footballers go low when hitting penalties.

Kilday struggled majorly today. He’s not strong, and he’s not good with the ball at his feet either. Waddell has to come in alongside Buchanan next week.

Tiffoney can do one. Nowhere near enough commitment or ability to be starting games for us. Doesn’t track back, leaves us badly exposed and when he has the ball he does absolutely nothing.

Oliver tried. But for me he should be busier pressing the opposition and showing for the ball.

Final note, the actual size of Lawrence Shanklands heed 😂😂😂

Your right about Tiffoney and Kilday, but we score that penalty today we try and hold it with the 2 enforced subs we still lose, try and defend it without the 2 enforced subs we maybe get a draw ala Dundee Utd away

Patter? Unlike our incumbent manager he has a proven track record of success: which would have mitigated the gamble that the club was right to take when body swerving the dinosaurs like McGhee that were being touted.

Fans flocked to the idea of JJ but a better option was available. And still is. Bring Him home instead.

Fuck up with this Wake pish. You're actually making me start to dislike the guy. Ditto your fawning over Kilday.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Before a ball was kicked I wrote that I couldn't understand why people were excited about our signings.. in particular Millar and McAlister, who are both past it. Don't think I've seen anything from them to suggest I was wrong...

Worst bit of business was letting Murdoch go in the summer...

I agree Murdoch.

Millar still has the legs and class to perform at this level but Jim is a fucking ghost, get him out the team. As for our "upgraded" full backs? Give me a break. Part of the problem why our play is so disjointed is not one of our backline has any composure on the ball and to a man their distribution is woeful.

We have serious problems and JJ appears to be out his depth already.

Gary Oliver is a number 10, not a centre forward and why the fuck was the boy Lyons brought in?

"Little" Ayr have the firepower to be serious title contendors btw.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

On your last point, Largsy, I said to a few lads at the game today that Ayr have the ability to absolutely dismantle teams in minutes with their front 3. Balls out wide very quick, or indeed through to shankland, and they're off. And above that, they know how to finish. Shankland, whatever folk like it or not, has completely changed his game for the better. The second best striker in the league behind dobbie and a player than most teams would kill for. Like many players Morton sign, we couldn't get the best out of them.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That's just complete and utter nonsense.

Bit like the original point that we score the penalty the game is over, we clearly couldn't contain Ayr with the final team we had on the pitch and it's debatable if we would with the original formation but we couldn't stop Dundee Utd equalising last week with it.

Archived