Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight - Page 33 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mckinnon To Leave For Falkirk Tonight

sammy

One example for The Famous to follow in hounding Falkirk and King Snake to the ends of the earth:

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/9/13/17857400/everton-tapping-up-points-deduction-independent-inquiry-watford-manager-marco-silva-approach

I will love it when Falkirk think that they're staying up, only to be hit by a points deduction on April 19th for tapping up King Snake and then get immediately relegated on their own midden by The Famous. While Ray McKinnon is successfully sued, forced to declare bankruptcy, gets sacked in the seaside leagues and is forced to spend the rest of his days doing the Lochee taxi runs.  

FlickeringEqualKestrel-max-1mb.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One example for The Famous to follow in hounding Falkirk and King Snake to the ends of the earth:

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/9/13/17857400/everton-tapping-

up-points-deduction-independent-inquiry-watford-manager-marco-silva-approach

I will love it when Falkirk think that they're staying up, only to be hit by a points deduction on April 19th for tapping

up King Snake and then get immediately relegated on their own midden by The Famous. While Ray McKinnon is successfully

sued, forced to declare bankruptcy, gets sacked in the seaside leagues and is forced to spend the rest of his days doing

the Lochee taxi runs.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlickeringE

qualKestrel-max-1mb.gif

Absolutely. We just have to hope that Morton have already contacted the SFA and made a formal complaint regarding the matter.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/9/13/17857400/everton-tapping-up-points-deduction-independent-inquiry-watford-manager-marco-silva-approach

I will love it when Falkirk think that they're staying up, only to be hit by a points deduction on April 19th for tapping up King Snake and then get immediately relegated on their own midden by The Famous. While Ray McKinnon is successfully sued, forced to declare bankruptcy, gets sacked in the seaside leagues and is forced to spend the rest of his days doing the Lochee taxi runs.

FlickeringEqualKestrel-max-1mb.gif

Obviously clinching the title for ourselves in the process

I can't shake off the feeling that somehow Morton will contrive to make an arse of this and end up rolling over and letting it go.

We should be given an update, surely. Even if it's just to say "we are working with our counsel."

EOho8Pw.png

We should be given an update, surely. Even if it's just to say "we are working with our counsel."

Yep, definitely. I've suggested before that it would be useful for both fans and the club to have a weekly/fortnightly column on the website from the Chairman or Chief Executive to provide a wee overview of what they've been up to, which I think would be particularly useful as this rumbles on. Even if it's just to say "talks ongoing, we can't say much for legal reasons", it'd be a chance to keep us in the loop at least a wee bit without ending up with about 40 statements a week a la Rangers.

On more general terms, I think the scepticism about what the board are actually up to would be alleviated to some extent by providing regular updates like that. Much of the vague sense of distrust seems to stem from the fact that we never really hear about anything other than second hand, so updates about progress on the youth set-up, community work or whatever happens to be going on would provide a wee bit of insight. It wouldn't keep everybody happy, of course, but it'd be an upgrade on the silence there is now.

AWMSC

Yep, definitely. I've suggested before that it would be useful for both fans and the club to have a weekly/fortnightly column on the website from the Chairman or Chief Executive to provide a wee overview of what they've been up to, which I think would be particularly useful as this rumbles on. Even if it's just to say "talks ongoing, we can't say much for legal reasons", it'd be a chance to keep us in the loop at least a wee bit without ending up with about 40 statements a week a la Rangers.

On more general terms, I think the scepticism about what the board are actually up to would be alleviated to some extent by providing regular updates like that. Much of the vague sense of distrust seems to stem from the fact that we never really hear about anything other than second hand, so updates about progress on the youth set-up, community work or whatever happens to be going on would provide a wee bit of insight. It wouldn't keep everybody happy, of course, but it'd be an upgrade on the silence there is now.

I think a regular column (much like the Captain's Log feature) could go a long way to bridging the gap between the supporters and the club. As you say, even a 'no update for the moment' type message would be absolutely fine. It's an excellent way of controlling the quantity (and reliability) of the information supporters are receiving and discussing. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2018/09/19/chairmans-question-answer/

So, Falkirk had discussions with Ray, and then after discussions with others, decided he was the man. All in the space of a couple of hours...

The more Falkirk comment on the affair the more they condemn themselves. Both Falkirk and McKinnon are liars and deserve each other. Hopefully relegation and the job centre are the end result.

Anybody hear Mark McGhee’s comments on being linked to the Morton job on Sportsound?

He described it as one he “didn’t pursue”. We should of course look at this as a blessing, but quite why mouth breathers like he and John Hughes think they are above such an esteemed position is an absolute mystery to me.

If there’s any truth in what he said (which, given it was Mark McGhee, I very much doubt), there’s a bullet well and truly dodged.

Anybody hear Mark McGhee’s comments on being linked to the Morton job on Sportsound?

He described it as one he “didn’t pursue”. We should of course look at this as a blessing, but quite why mouth breathers like he and John Hughes think they are above such an esteemed position is an absolute mystery to me.

If there’s any truth in what he said (which, given it was Mark McGhee, I very much doubt), there’s a bullet well and truly dodged.

Lee McCulloch was in the Tele going on about how he'd "consider it" if approached. Aye, nae bother Lee, you just sit on your fat arse and rubbish record and ponder over job offers you're never going to get.

On the subject of McGhee, I seen he was saying having a 6 month ban will make it hard for him to work in Scotland. That and the fact that he's a total laughing stock.

AWMSC

The more Falkirk comment on the affair the more they condemn themselves. Both Falkirk and McKinnon are liars and deserve each other. Hopefully relegation and the job centre are the end result.

Agreed.

What is difficult to understand is that with the International break they had plenty of time to do things properly unless they are simply stupid or were deliberately trying to destabilise us. Thinking the latter takes paranoia to a new level so we have to assume stupidity rules in Falkirk FC.

Anyway the behaviour of both parties, Falkirk and the snake was/is despicable and hopefully as you say they will get their just rewards.

Was talking to someone about this the other day...with having to pay Hartley, his assistant and their old fitness coach off, (presumably) having to pay some kind of compensation to Morton plus what you'd have to imagine is a pretty good wage to McKinnon and also the other two as well as more likely than not having to chuck a few bob about in January...

Surely Falkirk will be in a very precarious position if they go down? Here's hoping anyway.

AWMSC

Lee McCulloch was in the Tele going on about how he'd "consider it" if approached. Aye, nae bother Lee, you just sit on your fat arse and rubbish record and ponder over job offers you're never going to get.

On the subject of McGhee, I seen he was saying having a 6 month ban will make it hard for him to work in Scotland. That and the fact that he's a total laughing stock.

Think it was just a six match ban after his carry on when the guy recorded him making a fanny of himself when sent to the stand at Pittodrie.

He went on at length about the injustice of it all, but of course, that didn’t stop him taking a job off the SFA as Strachan’s assistant. Something that McGhee chose not to mention when whining about how terribly they’d treated him. Tit.

Think it was just a six match ban after his carry on when the guy recorded him making a fanny of himself when sent to the stand at Pittodrie.

He went on at length about the injustice of it all, but of course, that didn’t stop him taking a job off the SFA as Strachan’s assistant. Something that McGhee chose not to mention when whining about how terribly they’d treated him. Tit.

:ph34r: Aye, that's what I meant. Oops.

AWMSC

The one regret that I have about McGhee not getting the Morton job is that I won't get to see you and him having a square-go in a car park after some random league game.

Football needs characters like this:

https://youtu.be/nR4rmt-DBIs

*insert signature here*

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2018/09/19/chairmans-question-answer/

So, Falkirk had discussions with Ray, and then after discussions with others, decided he was the man. All in the space of a couple of hours...

OK, grates to say anything positive about that horrible lot but... that's how you do a fans' Q&A and release an update to fan questions.

Take note Warren (have we had the update yet?)

Archived