Pre-Season - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely surprised by how few ton fans seem to rate Tiff. Tiff, Jai and a right back signing on and I'd be very confident.

On what basis should he be rated highly? It's not as if he was setting up goals every week when in the first team - in fact his delivery was struggling to stay on the pitch more often than not. If he was kept as a squad option with an eye on development then there'd be no complaints but if he thinks he's going to do much better elsewhere then the club's offer should be withdrawn without worrying about it at all. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last sand-dancing winger to have a modest impact.

If we're intent on a genuine challenge this season then we need better quality in that position. The same goes for the left-back position where some fans bizarrely think that half a season in a team that finished 7th makes Iredale anything more than a squad option for that role. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Tell Quitongo he can get to **** and Livi to stump up some ££’s

This.

If he ends up having to do a u-turn cause nobodys willing to pay hes gonna have to convince a dressing room and the fans that hes really 100% comitted to morton. As others have said sign on or get tae fuck morton are far bigger than any player and we wont be fucked about.

If he ends up having to do a u-turn cause nobodys willing to pay hes gonna have to convince a dressing room and the fans that hes really 100% comitted to morton. As others have said sign on or get tae **** morton are far bigger than any player and we wont be ****ed about.

Quitongo can't really come back to Morton now. He clearly doesn't want to be at Cappielow. If he was to come back, he has basically set himself up as a target for abuse from the Morton support if he isn't playing well. 

Really no loss... same for Tiff. Think the pair of them have quite a bit in common... ego > talent

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I’d also be disappointed if Jai came back now and spent another majority of the season sat on his arse in the stands. They boys crocked. Hope for his sake he gets fit and goes on to have a decent career but 2 bad injuries this early on doesn’t look good.

If he ends up having to do a u-turn cause nobodys willing to pay hes gonna have to convince a dressing room and the fans that hes really 100% comitted to morton. As others have said sign on or get tae **** morton are far bigger than any player and we wont be ****ed about.

No we aren't. We've been a lower league team for years and it's daft to take that stance.

Really no loss... same for Tiff. Think the pair of them have quite a bit in common... ego > talent

Making shite up again are we?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

While we are now at the point where the club really need to be telling Quitongo and Tiffoney to make their minds up with the start of the season so close, I don't have any issue with players taking their time and seeing what deals are out there. It's a short career, we're all happy for clubs to string players along in the same way and if there's a chance of a bigger move then don't waste it. I do think it's stupid in Tiffoney's case because the idea of him finding a club at a higher level is just funny, but if someone's daft enough to give us compensation for him then great.

The only issue I'll have is if they end up staying and don't put the effort in because they think they're too good for Morton. Players trying to find a better deal is fine but if they're not good enough to get one they don't have any right to launch their toys out the pram and not bother their arse all season like O'Ware's disgraceful conduct. If anyone develops that attitude they can slither off like him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Making s***e up again are we?

I think he makes a fair point, to be honest.

I also get the impression both players have ideas above their station and think they’re better than they actually are.

They obviously don’t want to be here, get them to fuck. One is injury prone and has an awful goalscoring record, the other is a lightweight sand-dancer who is easily replaced.

Potential. He has the potential to be a really good player at this level. There were games last season where Harkins and Tiffony were the only spark in the team whatsoever.

His 'spark' was offered by pace alone; his final ball was pish and so he didn't actually contribute much in terms of goals and assists. For every young player who pushes on from there to become a really good Championship player there are dozens who slither down towards the Junior diddy ranks wondering what might have been. It's not a significant loss.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think he makes a fair point, to be honest.

I also get the impression both players have ideas above their station and think they’re better than they actually are.

They obviously don’t want to be here, get them to ****. One is injury prone and has an awful goalscoring record, the other is a lightweight sand-dancer who is easily replaced.

Agreed.

It's a bit harsh on Tiff. For all we know he's still being offered a development level contract as he's still under 20. If that's the case, why would he not leave it as long as possible to try and secure a proper full time contract.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived