Pre-Season - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

We need a first team that that should be realisitically be 20 first team players then the young players backing that up.

Where is the money coming from to pay 20 ‘first team players’ that aren’t just fucking ringers plucked from the Juniors or a shan level of European football? Be extremely specific.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly would not want ringers but it was shown last season that a small squad in this league did not work due to injuries. It is not for me to find the money that is why Hawke is employed to find investment along with the board.

I certainly would not want ringers but it was shown last season that a small squad in this league did not work due to injuries. It is not for me to find the money that is why Hawke is employed to find investment along with the board.

We had a squad of 22 players last season and that excluded Strapp, Armour etc

So you admit that there isn’t in fact the money there to fund your desired squad; your point is invalid then.

If a club has the resources to afford a strong team and plenty of squad depth then it won’t be in this division for long - see Hibs or an equivalent. Even Dundee United are failing to achieve both every single year. That’s quite clearly not our position and no amount of braying about magical ‘outside investment’ will change that. If the club wants to succeed in this division then it needs to use its resources more carefully than others. Running a small squad with quality players in it is the only credible road to success - but it’s a gamble. Your alternative on the other hand would go beyond Duffyball and end up as a one-way ticket back to the seaside leagues.

If anything the club have been too anxious about providing cover - such as when they signed Scully to act as utterly shan backup to Gaston, instead of going for one better goalkeeper over the pair of them. Half measures like that shouldn’t be happening.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived