Pre-Season - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main positive from yesterday would be that the midfield looks encouraging - Millar's range of passing is excellent and McAlister has still got the energy to play a box to box role. Having someone like him who is willing to run at and beat players in the middle of the park is a real bonus. Telfer didn't do too much IMO although I wouldn't be worried about that injury - it looked fairly minor and he could be fit for the Ayr game. 

The forward line has to be the major cause for concern - Oliver and McHugh were just as rancid as they were at the tail end of last season and I'm sick of the sight of the latter already. We didn't offer any pace to get in behind a Forfar back-line that was able to push right up to the half way line throughout the match - Forfar FFS. This is why we need a player like Quitongo to play alongside Johnstone when he returns to full fitness. Our set pieces were piss poor though you could argue that there hasn't been enough time to prepare them. Scully looks like a gubbins flapper. 

It's been a turbulent close season at the club for understandable reasons but the team does not look ready for competitive football yet. The league is clearly the main focus but the cup can be an important money-spinner for the club and it'd be disappointing if we end up treating it like a set of warm-up matches. Not least because Ayr need to be put back in their horrible little box next Saturday. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I still think we could do with another striker. Outside of Denny who had a good record last time, McHugh isn't up to standard, and Thomson is the same. Going through the league cup without a good goalscorer could leave us not qualifying and missing out on decent sum of cash. 

I hope McKinnon gives Jai and Tiffoney a deadline of this week. They quite clearly think they can do better, and I think we could as well. Tiffoney wouldn't be a miss at all. Jai has the potential on his day, but he's crocked and two bad injuries so early in his career doesn't look good for him. 

Genuinely surprised by how few ton fans seem to rate Tiff. Tiff, Jai and a right back signing on and I'd be very confident.

Does anyone know if tiff is training with anyone have heard mention of him being down at Swansea again.

On jai is he still with livi don’t even think he is back training yet ?

Genuinely surprised by how few ton fans seem to rate Tiff. Tiff, Jai and a right back signing on and I'd be very confident.

The potential is there but he’s still very weak on the ball and a bit of a one-trick pony at times. Quite a few full-backs had him in their back pocket last season.

If we signed jai and tiff I'd still be expecting us to bring in another pacey striker and a winger as I don't think we can depend on them for a whole season. Denny, McHugh, jai and Thompson plus another pacey striker and we'd have decent options up front. Still need a winger and a right back.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Does anyone know if tiff is training with anyone have heard mention of him being down at Swansea again.

On jai is he still with livi don’t even think he is back training yet ?

Jai is still with Livi, yeah. Saw a video the other day and he was in it.

Archived