Who Is Next? - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

Although you can listen on after they stop talking utter shite about Morton to hear Davie fucking Weir, of all people, questioning why players wouldn't turn up for international friendlies. The same Davie Weir who refused to turn up for any Scotland games for two years.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened to the podcast just there- he certainly doesn't come across as having taken his sacking too well, but if what he said was to be posted by someone on here, and not said by a jilted ex-manager, would it have gotten the same reaction from us? I suspect not.

The club isn't attractive to an outsider- he's not wrong in saying that it doesn't own it's training ground and the facilities at Cappielow are crap. The only reason we've got any hope of bringing in a guy of Hopkin's calibre is because of his emotional attachment to Morton. If he knocks us back, we can be guaranteed an underwhelming appointment. It was certainly time for Duffy to go, and he could've held his hand up to the two late season collapses and corrected Neilson's assessment that we were in and around the play offs, but other than that there's not much there.

The club has been poorly run for years, of that there's little doubt. It strikes me as a bit precious of us to get offended by someone who is now an outsider saying something that we've been saying for long enough ourselves.

Listened to the podcast just there- he certainly doesn't come across as having taken his sacking too well, but if what he said was to be posted by someone on here, and not said by a jilted ex-manager, would it have gotten the same reaction from us? I suspect not.

The club isn't attractive to an outsider- he's not wrong in saying that it doesn't own it's training ground and the facilities at Cappielow are crap. The only reason we've got any hope of bringing in a guy of Hopkin's calibre is because of his emotional attachment to Morton. If he knocks us back, we can be guaranteed an underwhelming appointment. It was certainly time for Duffy to go, and he could've held his hand up to the two late season collapses and corrected Neilson's assessment that we were in and around the play offs, but other than that there's not much there.

The club has been poorly run for years, of that there's little doubt. It strikes me as a bit precious of us to get offended by someone who is now an outsider saying something that we've been saying for long enough ourselves.

My objection is that he knew these limitations when Morton gave him the opportunity to get back into managing a full-time club and it didn't seem to bother him then.

He also seems to believe that if Morton owned their own training ground, he wouldn't have presided over two late-season collapses, which is an eccentric point of view.

EOho8Pw.png

Dont think anything he said was that controversial to be honest!

Only real negative comment was about the managers office and you would think in this day and age, we would have one, so he prob has a point. ( if Hoppy is appointed, we will need to build one as he likes to jump in there at half time)

My objection is that he knew these limitations when Morton gave him the opportunity to get back into managing a full-time club and it didn't seem to bother him then.

He also seems to believe that if Morton owned their own training ground, he wouldn't have presided over two late-season collapses, which is an eccentric point of view.

The training facilties are pretty good and we've done a decent deal to secure them. Don't really see the issue with not owning as it's working alongside the local council - something that should be happening for clubs like ours.

Dont think anything he said was that controversial to be honest!

Only real negative comment was about the managers office and you would think in this day and age, we would have one, so he prob has a point. ( if Hoppy is appointed, we will need to build one as he likes to jump in there at half time)

There's plenty of places at Cappielow he could have used if wanted somewhere to work from. But strange to even mention it.

Just imagining Duffy’s office. Wall to wall photos of Gary Oliver and Michael Miller, a tactics board with 4-3-3 hammered into it, dartboard with Ray McKinnon’s face in the middle...

There's plenty of places at Cappielow he could have used if wanted somewhere to work from. But strange to even mention it.

Could it be that the club see it as more of a priority to provide facilities for the Community Trust than they do for the first team manager?

He must have been used to a premier office at Brechin and Clyde. All joking aside, I'm sure if it was such an issue he could have presented it to the club and space would have been made available?

Facilities at Cappielow are not the best and the stadium is dated but he knew that when he signed.

I loved the part of interview were he spoke of clubs and chairmen setting objectives haha what was Duffy's for last season again? Getting the bullet suggests the club had some objectives, though not communicated by Duffy, that were failed.

End of day, Hoppy is and should be the number one man for the role. If we get him, very positive statement of intent.

If we don't, we need a strong plan B. Unfortunately Ray McKinnon doesn't do it for most and being based in dundee is not ideal. Hopefully Crawford has an ace up his sleeve.

Not anything controversial as such, but why bring it up.

Parklea is probably as good as any club owned facility. It's probably better than what st.mirren have.

Why bring up a managers office?

He seems a little buttburt to me

Agreed. Park lee is a good stadium and has everything we need for training. There is also the large Grass playing area that could be used if required and additional astronpark.

If these were such a concern they should have been raised to the board or he shouldn't have taken job.

His next role will be Dumbarton or Queens Park. Failing that, SFA or a celTic coaching role.

I don't think Jim Duffy said anything out of order, to be fair. There was a female at around 35 minutes said something about would the Morton job be appealing to an out-of-work manager, which did piss me off.

Robbie Neilson has ruled himself out, which is good news. Never really rated him.

*insert signature here*

What a lot of self-pitying bollocks from Duffy! As for the panel of 'experts' how delusional are they when they think Morton should not show ambition and/or are an unattractive opportunity. Not owning your own training facilities in no way holds a team back and as for the lack of a managers office. Maybe if there was a discussion as to why Duffy was uncomfortable talking about targets or why his teams have a history of bottling it in the final quarter or the merits of Duffyball... Duffy was lucky he got so much time at Morton.

I don't think Jim Duffy said anything out of order, to be fair. There was a female at around 35 minutes said something about would the Morton job be appealing to an out-of-work manager, which did piss me off.

Robbie Neilson has ruled himself out, which is good news. Never really rated him.

He didn't in all fairness, but I still don't understand why he feels the need to bring things like infrastructure up as if it had some kind of bearing on his failures during his tenure with us. He's said time and time again he holds no grudges etc; to me it looks like his way of making excuses for himself without making himself look and sound like an arse.

Neislon comments were strange. As for the daft bint woman. Sit down.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

He didn't in all fairness, but I still don't understand why he feels the need to bring things like infrastructure up as if it had some kind of bearing on his failures during his tenure with us. He's said time and time again he holds no grudges etc; to me it looks like his way of making excuses for himself without making himself look and sound like an arse.

Neislon comments were strange. As for the daft bint woman. Sit down.

Did he, though?

My understanding was that he was saying that things weren't perfect, but I think that both the club and supporters know that, and he knew it when he signed up.

He said that the infrastructure was decent, the lack of an office was just one wee flaw he mentioned, but said were a good community club, good people down there and there will be top applicants for the job. A decent summation really.

The comments about not owning our own training ground, very few clubs do at our level, but he said that Parklea was decent. I think that if pushed, Jupp Heynckes would be able to point out some flaws with Bayern Munich, so I wouldn't bear any grudges about anything he said.

*insert signature here*

Could it be that the club see it as more of a priority to provide facilities for the Community Trust than they do for the first team manager?

I'd say there's more value from having the community trust office space than a manager having one. Not too sure what he needs to do that he can't at home or using one of the empty spaces.

I'd say there's more value from having the community trust office space than a manager having one. Not too sure what he needs to do that he can't at home or using one of the empty spaces.

I would have thought that the boardroom would have been his on an 'as and when required' basis.

There will be occasions when he will need to do paperwork, make important phone calls, have confidential conversations with other staff, players etc. It's not unrealistic thing to expect that if you are the manager of a club. I'd imagine in times past there has been a managers office but it has probably been given over to something else.

*insert signature here*

I would have thought that the boardroom would have been his on an 'as and when required' basis.

There will be occasions when he will need to do paperwork, make important phone calls, have confidential conversations with other staff, players etc. It's not unrealistic thing to expect that if you are the manager of a club. I'd imagine in times past there has been a managers office but it has probably been given over to something else.

It is where the first aid room is at the Sinclair St end.

Archived